Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 62 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

Now you see where I get my stunning good looks from. And my sense of humor.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2GOOD said:

Both of my elderly parents are in the same (currently) local Hospital, Mum, the last two weeks (osteoporosis, a lot of pain & apparently resulting mental health issues) & Dad for a week now (lymphoma but issues with a stomach op carried out 2-3years ago & exhaustion from looking after Mum, whilst not letting on how ill she really was. A very clever man & mentally still firing on all cylinders). Both of them just seem to have wasted away, Dad wants to tell Mum so much when we take them to see each other but Mum’s memory & reactions to things aren’t good. Watching him try to tell her that they can’t do much for him this afternoon was heartbreaking. Didn’t expect either of them to be like this in their old age for some reason. 

At 54 it’s put me off getting much older...

Steve

So very sorry to hear it, I really am. Its awful to see and hear and I remember my Nan at 60 years old went from a healthy normal lady to a frail little lady within 6 months. And my Gran had a stroke that brought on Dementia she went from normal to not even remembering who I was in 24 hours. Big love from us all.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Thank you, just got in after spending another 2 hours with them both. Age is a funny old thing, two of the other inmates in mums ward were chatting & comparing ages, 88 & 89 both had just had birthdays and appear to be in better far shape than my 78 year old mum. But 60 is no age at all.

i know inmate is correct but it makes it sound like they are in prison.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

This is sad and makes a mockery of my intended post.

For the record, being the rather innocuous thing of people keep putting stupid football songs back in my head the minute I manage to get rid of them. 

It isnt coming home and I really couldn’t give a flying fish if it was. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

Went out for a nice long run in the Evora today to wind down after a hectic week at work (60+ hours) and get me suitably chilled for tomorrow's big car show at Glamis Castle.

Stopped at a pedestrian crossing in a small town miles from home and the next second - dumph and the car nudges forward.

Look in the mirror and all I can see is an expanse of white bonnet. I get out to find a Peugeot 508 'resting' against my rear - apparently his "foot slipped off the brake onto the accelerator", :realmad: .

Fortunately, only superficial scuffing to the bumper which several hours of elbow grease with various grades of cutting compounds has made good but not so fortunate were my custom rear diffuser which is now looking decidedly second-hand and my 2bular exhaust which is now obscenely loud (by the time I got home my ears were, and still are, ringing) so I suspect there's a broken joint in there somewhere. I can't get in yet to have a look as the diffuser mountings have distorted and won't release so it looks like tomorrow is going to be spent under my car with a Black & Decker rather than enjoying myself wandering round admiring the rows of shiny objects at Glamis.

To crown it all the other party reckons it's at least partly my fault as, had I not overtaken him a few miles back, I'd still have been behind him! :censored: 

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

Car behind. 100% at fault.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Indeed and the fact that you were stationary what happened before has absolutely no bearing!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Yep, a first class knob suggesting if you hadn’t overtaken him you’d still be behind him.

Reminds me somewhat of my time in Saudi when a local guy jumped a red light and caused some damage to mine. He told me it was my fault since, if I hadn’t been in his country it wouldn’t have happened and Allah told him it was safe to continue🙄

• Like 1

On 06/07/2018 at 09:07, pete said:

i know inmate is correct but it makes it sound like they are in prison.

It was a ward where she was locked in, some of the other patients/inmates would just wander off. Not so different to a prison!

Any way as an update, Mum has been transferred to a community hospital not to far away & now has a room of her own complete with en-suite bathroom. And Dad has been transferred to a proper cancer ward where they will prepare him for being discharged so that he can start a course of chemo as an outpatient 

• Like 2

Dealing with Lotus for warranty approval.

• Sad 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I love that balloon - it's almost the size of his Ego!  Sums up what many Americans feel about this president very well.  Too bad you can't go to jail for being a total arse since Trump would have the longest sentence in the history of mankind.  I'm growing tired of his thousands of lies and his incredible audacity to think he can do no wrong.  Oh, and taking credit for things he had absolutely nothing to do with.  I apologize to the people of Britain that he had to visit your country.  I hope you know that it's all about power, showing off and playing golf. 

While he's there, Please have someone take away his phone so we and the rest of the world can get a break from his horrible tweets.

I hope the Queen will put him in his place at tea. 

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Thats not the British way dear boy!

You could always vote to come back as a British Colony. We would get rid of him pretty quickly and send him to Russia or somewhere.

British Colony it is.  Send him to Russia - preferably Siberia where golf it is NOT an option.  And under no circumstance is he permitted to use a tanning booth. Job Done!

I drink Earl Grey tea and PJ Tips, drive a Lotus and find all great bands came from your country.  Can I ask for asylum if Trumps upcoming meeting with Putin goes wrong?

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

The majority of voters did not want him to begin with (he lost the popular vote, but the weighted multiplier of the electoral college got him in).

He is a turd of the highest order. Just would like to see him lose republican support in the mid term elections so he can't always get his way by shaking his rattle. He floats purely on his own hot air.

Image result for trump baby balloon

Protesting against a democratically elected leader, protesting against a democratic referendum result - I'll bet it's much the same people out for both. What are they protesting about - democracy?

• Like 1

What you guys don't see in America is that he is only making sense to us. Like the guys above say, he was voted in, we didn't have a choice in the EU which is run by mainly the Germans and French....guess who gets all the best deals!....anyway, the first time we get a choice we vote to leave in a free and fair Referendum. The same people who are protesting today are the same people who, when the vote didn't go their way decided to do the same about staying in the EU and constantly bitching about it.

So now we have a situation where trump comes along (Bit of a knob really isn't he) but actually tells us like it is "You can't have free trade with America and the Word if you agree to this half hearted agreement to semi come out of the EU, because the EU won't let you because you aren't lining their pockets by doing it that way". Absolutely 100% true. But idiots like those protesting don't want people to say the truth so the BBC (The UK and EU mouthpiece for remaining) decided to show it all in a negative slant.

There are sooooo many less people protesting than are getting on with working for a living (something most of those interviewed at lunch time who are protesting clearly don't do). Like the 50+ year old lady with Purple hair with peircings everywhere who was saying "He just needs to grow up dun't ee!"........ erm, pot kettle black?

• Like 2

Kimbers, there can be a big difference between the way it is and what he perceives it is. The lies and made up numbers he wings on the fly is typical of someone who doesn't bother to do his homework. Lying louder and doubling down on the lie doesn't make it true. Just plain reckless.

There is a big difference in lying to cover up state secrets and lying to the people all the time to suit his need.  I have ZERO respect for the guy.  They say a man is only good as his word. In his case he is as good as his last lie (which often is a 180 from the previous day)