Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 79 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

8 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Can’t beat a bit of leg pulling @C8RKH. Folks just don’t get it these days.

I’m a child of thatcher, grew up in a top floor council flat, worked flat out once old enough to have a paper round. Kids these days simply don’t get it.

So bloody right Barry - everyone is a fully paid up member of the "Oi, I'm offended by that....." club lol.  I blame the parents of this generation. What a bloody shit job they've done. Oh hang on, wait a minute, I'm offended by that as I've been a great parent.....

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

9 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

"Southern" does not mean ANYWHERE south of Scotch Corner!

I live in the East of England and it is where I was born and raised but along the way I've moved south to Surrey and then North to West Yorkshire (gorgeous but F'king expensive) and back to Norfolk.

We moved here ostensibly because back in 2005 it allowed us to upscale house and keep the same overhead BUT more importantly because I have family here and we wanted to have closer ties (and make use of GParents when we had younger kids)

Getting on your bike is, I agree, a great way to get started but there are many reasons why some don't or can't move. We were lucky to have the balls/confidence/cash/job security to make a move but I readily accept that this doesn't suit all. For example, the amount we spent on child care, before I went PT and looked after the kids, virtually wiped out any benefit of me working.

I am lucky enough that I now live in an idyllic setting in rural Norfolk (after several moves, much DIY home improvement and significant personal cost and discomfort) but we have now accommodated my elderly MIL on site to avoid the cost and crap alternative of leaving her in care. Multi-level Family living used to be accepted as the norm back in the day but now seems as acceptable as eating meat. I love one and am not so in love with the other but that's life.

PS I love Scotland and would move in a heart beat but would have to terminate Sturgeon first!

PPS - this goes back somewhat to my gripe with second home ownership but if we all moved north to Scotland, none of the locals could afford a house and we'd be back to the "Come home to a real fire - buy a cottage in Wales scenario". Moving isn't the simple answer - it is all wrapped up in too many people for not enough homes - how you solve that one is anyone's guess (and probably a whole new forum!)

Again, I can relate 100% to everything you have put in this post. It's uncanny!  

Where I live, Southern means that Edinburgh is actually in England! But then Edinburgh has always thought it was part of England... They even have a better english accent than the English there....

And lay off Sturgeon. She's the bee's knee's! We had a referendum in 2014, but what we really need is a poeple's vote. Cos referendums are not the same as people voting, that's why we need a people's vote. And by having a "people's vote" it means we're not having a referendum so we can say the one in 2014 was a once in a generation referendum as we said it would be.  And, if we don't win the People's Vote then the next time we can have a "Civil Ballot". And if we lose that we can have a "popular posting" followed by a "national selection". There ain't no bounds to our ability to spin a single message on, and on, and on, and on.  Meanwhile, our children's educational attainment is crashing, our national Police and Fire services are in meltdown, our economy is in tatters and inward investment has crashed - but that's all Ok as ihat's all the fault of the English and Westminster anyway lol.......   

• Haha 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Have you seen the adverts for joining the army now.

It basically states if you have no aspirations in life and nobody else will take you.... I suppose you will have to do.  Bloody terrible. 

Just went on to the Army recruitment website - 

Video entitled - "Your army needs you and your resilience"

Strap line at the bottom - "The Army spots potential, even if others don't"

So from the web page point of view all looks positive - talk about potential, training, adventure, travel opportunities (not sure if you get still get Avios on RAF C130 flights though), values, standards, and expectations.

Two sorts of people I reckon join the Army - (1) no idea what to do so what the hell and (2) attracted to the life and order.

I know a few people who went in, basically as NED squadies, and came out as fine xamples of hard working, decent people whom anyone would be privileged to employ.  It's a tough life but it does often really turn out some exceptionally strong performing colleagues who have discipline, manners, and a fire to do stuff rather than sitting in a meeting talking shite about shite they know nothing about - often referred to as senior management that last lot. Ironically some of the best male senior managers i have worked for are or where ex Army. Huge respect from me to our Armed Forces. Best in the world.

• Like 1

The small print.

My lovely high quality OEM speaker has died.

(Sarcasm)

Just annoying me with the stupid interference type noise. Need to take it to the dealer, but can't be bothered to be told " they all do that sir, why do you want a Lotus with a radio anyway "

• Gold FFM

At 1.50 this morning, after a high-speed cross-country dash to the nearest out-of-hours veterinary surgery proved to be to no avail, my best buddy in the world (my partner Jennifer aside that is) Shadow, passed away in my arms.

After an evening's walk through the woods investigating all the marvellous scent trails deposited by the local wildlife, he tucked into his supper with his usual enthusiasm then settled down beside me on the settee for some 'daddy time'. A couple of hours later we headed for the bedroom, but halfway there he suddenly collapsed, in obvious distress.

The vet discovered that he was haemorrhaging massively in his abdomen, which was traced to a previously undetected tumour on his spleen having ruptured.

The right decision in the circumstances was the most difficult decision I've ever had to make, but ending his suffering took precedence over any emotions I was experiencing.

Today, the tears still haven't stopped rolling down my face and my heart feels like it has been shredded - I just can't get my head around the suddenness of it all.

R.I.P. Shadow, 29.01.2006 - 01.05.2019 - my beautiful, beloved boy, 😭 .

1060123751_shadowbirthday11.jpg.a842ea8e9fb9a37706b02a89b5b9e7d1.jpg

• Sad 4

Sorry to hear your story.  You did the right thing - you stopped your beloved family member's suffering.  It is by far the hardest thing to do.

I'm a dog breeder in the USA, but 2 of my dogs are Norfolk UK.  2 years ago, I had to put down 4 dogs in one year due to old age.  Yes, I'm crying with you as I type this in their memory.  Very few things make guys cry, but this is one of them.  A dog loves you just the way you are and unconditional love is hard to come by these days.  That's why your noble companion deserves respect and honor.  

To Shadow... say hello to Shagg, Skye, Seven and Solo on your journey.  Farewell...

• Thanks 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

It's a shame we cannot do this for our human family members and end their pain and let them keep their dignity.

Sorry for your loss David.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The small print.

Sorry to hear David, like Bill I was crying reading it. Especially as my old girl is 17 years old this year and starting to struggle. RIP Shadow

• Thanks 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Sorry to hear of your loss David . Shadow looks a lot like our Keeshond puppy we just got at XMAS to replace the previous canine love of my wife  who we had to put to sleep  several years ago at 15(another Keeshond that she got before I met her) When my wife cried after seeing a neighbor had some Keeshond adults we talked and decided it was time to start again, especially since our grandson is being raised by us now. Of course her old love will never be replaced but she is enjoying happy new family memories , albeit with different mannerisms  )

Take care and remember the good times.

• Thanks 1

David,

Here's Seven and I together in the car.  She did 0 to 60 almost as fast as the car.  I miss her terribly.

BillSev.jpg

• Love 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, comem47 said:

Shadow looks a lot like our Keeshond puppy......

Yes, I can see the similarity in the markings. Shadow was a Utonagan, so had a lot of Malamute and German Shepherd in his genes, and was a big lad at 27" high at the shoulders and 54kg in weight.

Today has been more than a little difficult. I collected his ashes an hour or so ago and he's home for now. Our next trip to his favourite beach, which had already been planned for this Saturday, is not now going to be the happy, madcap affair it would normally have been, ☹️ .

I thought I saw more Malamute with Shadow.  Utonagans also originated in the UK as a breed from what I searched.  Boy big indeed!  As a breeder of Miniature American Shepherds, it's always good to know other breeds.  Your breed was completely new to me.  Sorry the beach trip will be a hard one.

David, Thanks for the info about Utonagans, a breed I was ignorant about. Indeed Shadow was a big boy !!! (over twice the weight out puppy will eventually grow to.)

• Gold FFM

Sorry seems little to say. We lost my best mate Sable, a Greyhound one year ago now. Still have to pick up the courage to scatter his ashes as that would feel like he has truly gone.

Run free boy. Go chase them rabbit's.

• Thanks 1

Hi David so sorry to read your post about your buddy Shadow. Sadly today we have faced the loss of our beloved girl Georgie. Heartbroken.

Mike Brewer

• Sad 2

Feel for you, been there a few times. Always say, never again, but life without dogs is.....well, no life☹️

• Thanks 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Well said Danny! "A life without dogs...well, no life."  I don't know how I could manage without mine. 

Best thought I will have running around in my brain today.  Thank you.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bogle said:

Well said Danny! "A life without dogs...well, no life."  I don't know how I could manage without mine. 

Best thought I will have running around in my brain today.  Thank you.

Sadly lost our old boy 'Gus' (on right), last July. He's still with us in the young pup though.

Mutts.jpg

• Love 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Beautiful dogs!  Danny. 

Speaking of Danny, well Dani (named after Daenerys in Game of Thrones) is my pregnant bitch.  Here's her x-ray with 2 pups on board.  The unhappy part is that there's only two.  A lot of work went into this breeding. Some of our future owners will need to wait until another litter to get their pup unfortunately.  Touchdown is next weekend time frame - we think.

If anyone can spot more in there, let me know.  That would make some other future owner very happy.  Please ignore the HIPPA data -  really only matters for humans anyways.

Dani's puppies.png

Edited by bogle
HIPPA statement