Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 99 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

I'd make a stink about it in Public. Totally shocking

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I'm amazed how "charging to receive" ever came to be and how one could enforce that. Here it's you can receive anything, anywhere for free over your own antenna, but transmitting is licensed (and that is easily traceable). Of course you pay cable companies to use their system, but it's not licensed by the end user.

Edited by comem47

• Gold FFM

Best of luck to the bbc taking her to court to enforce. She doesn’t have the mental capacity to attend 👍

Only here once

Exactly my train of though but as power of attorney not sure where we would stand there.

Phil - been through similar over the past couple of years. £850 is cheap, my Mum was being stung for £1300 a week, and the home did bugger all apart from feed her pills to keep her co-operative. Before she went into the home, she was very mobile. 3 months after going in could hardly walk, a year after I didn't recognise her.

TV licence. Her new free one arrived at my house (she moved to live next door to me after my Dad died). I rang them up to say she was no longer there, and got the same story that she would need a licence for her room, but that the free licence could be transferred - which I assume my sister did as the Care Home was close to her.

Just remove the aerial? Can't receive, no licence payable?

• Gold FFM

No surprise, but sad nonetheless.  The B747 was an enormous part of my life.  It was always my plan to get on the farewell flight; doubt that'll happen!

_DSC9583.jpg

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

What!!?  I didn't know that was even possible!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

I think a few in other airlines will operate passenger for a while, but soon the only 747s we see will be cargo.  I don't think we'll be seeing A380s for much longer, either.

Flew on the 747 from Oahu to Nadi (Fiji).  Got to go talk with the pilots in the cockpit.  That was 21 years ago next week.  I know this because it's my anniversary and because you can't go talk to pilots anymore for obvious reasons.

The thing I regret the most is not flying on Concorde.  I had a chance when I was 21, but didn't have the $900 they were asking to fly half way to Hawaii and back to San Diego, CA.  Hopefully, Boom will bring the return of supersonic flight.  https://boomsupersonic.com/overture

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

This is sad news. I spent a lot of time on Jumbos top and bottom decks included. Always felt a little special to me being on that plane. This linked to a pigeon having just pooed on my face means this is a day of 'things that make me unhappy' so far!

I loved the 747. We flew on them regularly backwards and forwards to KL, using the old mans Airmiles up to live between Malaysia and the UK. Used to love it as it was often only half full and a couple of times even less so we could sleep across 3-4 chairs......plus I got booze which I didn't get on the Air Malaysia flights!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Will miss the 747, which is more than can be said about flying BA, hopefully never again🙁

• Like 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Could be worse you could fly TUI instead! 

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Never had a problem on TUI flights in 20 years!  Apart from the odd tosser passenger who got pissed at the airport in the UK and ignored his kids for the whole flight

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Our preferred cruise company went in to liquidation today. Good company just bought 2 new ships, pushed out of business by coronavirus. 
More upset about the loss of a good company than deposit for a rescheduled cruise  that we were originally supposed to be on this week (Albeit should be able to reclaim from CC).

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Had my cracked tooth pulled today - oh boy does my jaw hurt - see the "What made you Happy" thread.  :)

18 hours ago, pete said:

Bloody amateur electricians 

IMG-20200723-WA0003.thumb.jpg.8f0bc15c3734f947339caf940a668091.jpg

Oh my F@@@@@G god.  You have to be kidding with this right? I'd be straight on to the federation, trading standards and health and safety and have the bastards in court, then hung, drawn and quartered. That is beyond Shocking.

But then I guess you are in Essex.

5 minutes ago, Francisco Franco said:

They were rough...... but bloody cheap!!!!!

You've met my previous girlfriends then? ;)

The small print.