Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Useless Facts about anything - Page 20 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Useless Facts about anything

gghc87

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Series1Episode3.jpg.34a369feea3c4ceb2ca8a3c3820380a0.jpg

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

On 02/05/2024 at 04:20, Bibs said:

Marathon's in the UK changed their name to Snickers some time ago to must consternation. It was called Snickers elsewhere and was named after the company founders horse but they thought it was too close to 'knickers' in the UK hence Marathon. Eventually they stopped caring, hence the change.

Follow me for more exciting confectionary name based news :D

I think it would actually sell better if they had in fact gone with 'knickers'.. :D

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

In Austria, half of the country drove on the left, the other half drove on the right. All changed to the right after a Mr A H came to stay in 1938.

traffic.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

In Austria, half of the country drove on the left, the other half drove on the right. All changed to the right after a Mr A H came to stay in 1938.

traffic.jpg

Sounds like something I'd expect in Belgium: drive left in Flanders, right in Wallonia and change somewhere in Brussels...

I do wonder how they made the change when crossing a border, even with limited traffic in the 30s that seems like a recipe for disaster!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Apparently, the bits conquered by Napoleon drove on the right, the rest drove on the left - to stick 2 fingers up to the aforementioned N. I was watching a  documentary about the takeover of Austria and there was some footage of Vienna, and I said hold on, they are driving on the left.

Now if you want Belgium strange

A Map of the very strange borders between the Netherlands and Belgium ...