Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

Saw it on Iplayer last night. Much better than some episodes of late. Have to say that all three of them did very well to crack 200mph on that banked circuit. Pretty scary stuff having to place your faith in the tyres that don't last long at all under those conditions. Given Hammonds last speed run not going so well it was probably he who faced the greatest challenge.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Great episode I enjoyed it, loved the Lambo and Noble....not convinced by the McLaren tho..

10 points for anyone that spotted the full frame DeLorean wink.png .OK OK ..getmecoat.gif

Edited by internets

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

When the Noble broke down, there's no way the clutch that Hammond had was from that car. A wee clutch like that won't handle 600bhp or whatever the output is. I would guess it has a multiplate clutch.

Sorry, in Pedant mode....

• 2 weeks later...

Absolute trash this week.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I thought things were looking up but that was just an hour of my life wasted with the exception of the "star in the car" segment.

I am sure there will be plenty who will argue but where i can see the justification of the cars hitting each othe during the chase, the bit with the air cannon and running the jag into the caravan was just a waste of OUR money.... didnt like to see the jag like that!

I thought things were looking up but that was just an hour of my life wasted with the exception of the "star in the car" segment.

I am sure there will be plenty who will argue but where i can see the justification of the cars hitting each othe during the chase, the bit with the air cannon and running the jag into the caravan was just a waste of OUR money.... didnt like to see the jag like that!

I should think the film company paid for them, as part of the PR budget for the film.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Not only was that tedious but I felt like I was just watching Jezza and Richard show off. "Look what we did!" sort of thing. And to devote nearly the whole program to it was rediculous.

Either they have run out of idea's or the Producers need to rein them in and get them back on track.

Rubbish!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Never been one for wanton pointless destruction....detest "doughnuts" for the same reason. (Not the jam ones, though!!) Smashing cars up for "entertainment" really turns me off. I did like James May's roadtest of some Vauxhall hatchback...the Corsa, was it? but the salient bit was how much more fun cars are when you reach the limit, or thereabouts. This is the major problem with high performance vehicles, you have to be going so bloomin' fast to get to this threshhold. I had far more simple FUN in my supercharged MG TC, the Bertone Alfa GTV and my race tuned 998 ex-Gas Board Mini-van-with-windows than I get from the Esprit. All of the three had enough power and pretty skinny tyres, so one could drift everywhere...the handling well outstripped the road holding! Probably not allowable in "modern road conditions" but huge fun...I remember drifting around the roundabout going onto the Westway in Chiswick...in the GTV....in formation with my brother in his GTV! The Esprit is great, too, but for different things...it doesn't have the accessibility to the limit that "lesser" vehicles can give. I wouldn't dream of trying to drift the Esprit around a roundabout, not and keep my license, the results of any error would be beyond the pale.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Didnt think it was all that bad. Not the best by a long way but parts of it made me laugh. Still an entertaining show when you compare it to most of the nonsense on TV these days.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Didnt think it was all that bad. Not the best by a long way but parts of it made me laugh. Still an entertaining show when you compare it to most of the nonsense on TV these days.

Exactly... it wasn't a classic show but we all still watched it and probably even laughed! Compared to most of the crap on TV these days it's still a great show... let's face what we really want to see is the Stig thrashing the Exige V6 or the Evora GTE round the track and we'll be a happy bunch!

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

Haven't seen the one from last night yet. But I tend to appreciate the britishness of Top Gear, and don't mind that they aren't accurate or factual...

If you want to see what American car tv programs are like, take a look at these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Am8Epp92S0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ssy0kUTI44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6vJrBFUzQI

Sooooo boring!!!! but very factual!

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE