Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 44 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, mayevora said:

Next weeks Top Gear is a ‘’Bond’ special and have already showed a white S1 in the preview.

Yep I saw a bit of the trailer I wonder if it the S1 from the film that was sold by lotus some years ago, or another S1 with some made up plates.

• Gold FFM

Most likely a white S1 with made up plates.

Elon Musk owns one of them but can’t remember if it’s one of the used road cars or the Esprit sub.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

19 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Paddy opened his mouth

He is not my favourite on this show - he should stick to game shows/advertising the lottery. But they are working together better over time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

He is not my favourite on this show - he should stick to game shows/advertising the lottery. But they are working together better over time.

You might not like him but this video about the Press club is bang on (having been there) https://fb.watch/4foTKm5w-A/

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

8 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

My old S1

Was not quick enough to note the reg on the clip I saw, just the reaction  wow a white s1 esprit will be in the program in a week or so.

• Like 1

Yep pretty cool and on this Sunday, I’m sure it will get a hard time with Freddie behind the wheel both in criticism and the thrashing it gets! Should be a good laugh though 😁👍

Do or do not, there is no try! 

As Bibs says, I sold it to Ken years ago, it’s the one he kept as was a lovely original car still wearing its dealer plates and running in decal in the windscreen. Always nice to see it popping up in various places and being enjoyed. 😊

Do or do not, there is no try! 

7 minutes ago, Bibs said:

He had 8 Esprit's at one point! 

A serious obsession. Think the wife would want a divorce if I had that many.

The Esprit got a pretty favourable review, I thought. 

The problem I have with the current Top Gear presenters is that none of them is a wordsmith, unlike Clarkson or May who are quite clever with words and and come up with amusing or memorable saying on a regular basis.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 7 months later...

Even the wife liked the look of the Aston, can't really consider the Alfa as in the same class, and neither of us liked the McLaren LT cars - the whole profile of the car looks wrong, the non LT cars look much better. If there was a dealer near me I would want to actually try one.