Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Caturday... - Page 11 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Caturday...

Bibs

• 1 month later...

At a friend's  house recently and a comment was passed about their cat occasional attacking one of the stuffed toys, a monkey, the assumption being that the toy has a long tail therefore cat thinks it's another cat. Cue me with (what looks to be Jess from Postman Pat) toy cat, for several minutes. I annoyed the real cat, it seemed convinced by the gentle forward motion, the movement of legs, the slow flick of the tail, posturing toward higher ground, etc. I now just want to get a toy cat to amuse my cat, well OK amuse me by annoying the cat if/when he next attacks me without due cause.

• 1 month later...

Considering his early life at work as a feral he's settled in amazingly. Surprised me to be honest just how well, really friendly and gets on with all the others. You'd never of guessed he's only been with us just over a month. Yes, he loves to sit and watch the fish. "I'm going to get you little fishy". 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2018 at 16:43, 100th_Idiot said:

Best friends now.

IMG-20180203-WA0001(1).jpg

Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest???

Here's our Coon, finally went at 21 years old last summer. The wife took this pic and only realised afterwards the reflection of white lights in the glass at the opposite end of the room makes it look like he's wearing a flipping tiara! He was big and butch, so wouldn't have been best pleased had he known. :P

His sister, a red tabby Maine Coon 'only' lasted 19 years.

We need to get a couple more this year.

cleardot.gif
fb394f83-5246-400d-ab43-d13f383434db.jpg.e58b90add5f31e082be4db08787b9bbd.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spinney said:

Here's our Coon, finally went at 21 years old last summer. The wife took this pic and only realised afterwards the reflection of white lights in the glass at the opposite end of the room makes it look like he's wearing a flipping tiara! He was big and butch, so wouldn't have been best pleased had he known. :P

Always wondered about getting a Coon.  Are they good company?

Anyway, here's our boy Philip.  Just a 'rescue' ginger DSH but he's great company, easy going with people (and rubbish with other cats).  Definitely more of a fighter than a lover.

BusinessPhil.jpg

He looks a real character and looking at his frilly ears, you can see he's a bit of a scrapper. So long as he wins! :)

Maine Coons are really nice friendly cats. They tend to follow humans around the house and garden and one of the things that drew us to them is that unlike some of the oriental breeds, they don't yowl loudly. I also like that they are often big - very big! Our brown tabby, Chuck, in the pic above weighed nearly 10kgs when he reached full maturity, was all muscle and the scourge of the wildlife around here. He was always very gentle with us though. 

My wife often tells the tale of answering the front door to a delivery chap and as they often did, the cats walked alongside her. As she opened the door, the delivery chap looked down, saw Chuck looking up at him and immediately took one step back while asking, "is it friendly"? :)

• Like 2