Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Caturday... - Page 18 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Caturday...

Bibs

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've seen enough episodes of the US TV series "My cat from Hell", and other related shows to know better, but it didn't stop me.

The "new" cat (Top Cat) occasionally would try and beat up / threaten / block/ otherwise disrupt the existing cat Toby. So, if witnessed I'd capture Top Cat, tell him off in a stern tone, blow on his fur and put him outside.  Aim was, he wants to be indoors therefore he'll realise that he doesn't get what he wants if he's nasty to Toby.

Now, add this to the mix. occasionally Top Cat doesn't get let out as soon as he asks to go out, same holds true for Toby. Instead of seeing the attacks on Toby drop to nil, we noticed the attacks move to being less frequent but without any warning signs when they did occur.  What we'd done was inadvertently train Top cat that to go out immediately, the request should be achieved by attacking Toby. He'd sometimes attack Toby and be at the door to go out before we got to him.

So, had to re-think this a bit. Cat flap now installed to allow immediate exit even if Human is too slow.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I posted here ages ago about cheeky local ginger cat Sparly who works the street and surprisingly he`s still around. His antics have got a total of 50,000 views on YouTube and TikTok so far.

A lot of his facial expressions seem quite human . Here he is last year trying to order two pints of lager and  a packet of crisps ...! 

Sparly `s shout.jpg

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

My son measured Stan the Maine Coon yesterday stretched out from front paws to the end of his tail 3ft 9inches. A little bit of a shame earlier we had to cut the new extension floor up as one of the builders had managed to screed him under the suspended floor. 😃. Wife was massively stressed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Earlier today, this little bugger managed to squeeze between the glass railing partition and fall three floors to the ground. So far, he appears not to have any internal injuries, but has suffered a broken leg and dislocated hip.

Son and fiancée are pretty distraught right now.

38F441D1-6993-4FD4-AD10-85C8E0BFFCB0.jpeg

• Sad 2

Margate Exotics.

Lando, normally a honey/red colour, went out yesterday morning, returning an hour later looking like this! His entire face, chin and front legs looked as though he’d been up a chimney. 😆 Tried to clean him up but was never going to be easy with an 8kg bundle of muscle, teeth and needle sharp claws. I’ll probably bear the scars forever more. 🤦 Goodness knows how he got like this.🤷‍♂️

515A35AD-FD36-4936-B310-95BB40DB43FA.thumb.jpeg.88aaf4c9c93501240fceac8ec443c2c1.jpeg

This is how he normally looks.

78A5E7C4-2667-4503-B56F-4279DF05EA42.thumb.jpeg.8c88becbef74be621dd4f9cf311b381a.jpeg

• Like 1

Our ex-feral often returns in a similar state. he's only 6kg and is very accepting of human contact, even so it's difficult to remove any of that sort of soooty mess.  Bathed a cat once after it got into a disused coal bunker, NEVER AGAIN.

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Daisy’s cat hasn’t been well - she came home from uni Thursday night to spend some time with her before the visit to the vet Friday.

RIP Cuddles - you will be greatly missed by us all 😥1E5E08CA-276C-45AB-A3C1-A195D113220E.thumb.jpeg.988c12b6db40f28e1003f627ab14b76a.jpeg

• Sad 5

Only here once

• 1 month later...