Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Caturday... - Page 12 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Caturday...

Bibs

On 19/03/2018 at 14:01, Spinney said:

Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest???

Here's our Coon, finally went at 21 years old last summer. The wife took this pic and only realised afterwards the reflection of white lights in the glass at the opposite end of the room makes it look like he's wearing a flipping tiara! He was big and butch, so wouldn't have been best pleased had he known. :P

His sister, a red tabby Maine Coon 'only' lasted 19 years.

We need to get a couple more this year.

cleardot.gif
fb394f83-5246-400d-ab43-d13f383434db.jpg.e58b90add5f31e082be4db08787b9bbd.jpg

They are Maine coons. 

Love the tiara.

• 1 month later...

Who are your usual travel buddies, fellas? Aside from my wife and kids, our Siamese cats (Cathy and Cheesy) would hitch along during our family trips. Being with us for years, they had developed a bond with my family, and thus, can’t be left alone. After fitting them in their pet carriers  (we had to, as they would jump on my lap while I drive), we would take them on our fun, family rides. It’s always nice to hear them meow along while my kids sing in the car (I introduced them to the Beatles, and they just can’t seem to take the tunes out of their head since then). We would dine out together, look at the night sky, and tell stories of my younger years, while the kids would listen and cuddle with the cats. How about you guys?

5.jpg

Edited by BertieGlenn
  • Like 1

Sadly, my best mate passed away last Tuesday.  Phil became unwell while Miranda & I were away on holiday, which triggered/highlighted a problem with his lungs.  He deteriorated so badly after we got home that we had to make the decision I'm sure all pet lovers dread.  This is one of the last photos we have of him.

PhilAndEgg.jpg.311cda3455d2b7d82d73d46729d4866b.jpg

I really miss him as I sit here trying to put together an assignment for my OU degree.  He was my study budy, and although he wasn't very good at physics, he helped me greatly.

Sorry to bring a sad note to this thread, but thanks for looking.  It's cathartic.  I'm going to get another cat, just not a ginger tom.  It might be time to get a Maine Coon.

• Sad 4

Sad news Steve, sorry to hear of your loss. I feel for you and I know exactly what you mean by best mate, I felt the same about our cat when we lost him last year. You never forget but it does get easier in time.

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Paws have been stretching through the bars today - these Persians are proper stupid though and struggle to catch and kill spiders.

a day old chick pecked one of them right on the nose earlier - it wasn’t impressed !!

Only here once

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on your new pal. Coons are great aren’t they. Can I ask if you got her from a breeder and where they are located please? We’ve been trying to find a breeder  so we can get another 2 Maine Coons but not having a lot of luck right now. I’ve been on the Maine Coon club website but every breeder I try to contact either doesn’t answer emails or their phone goes to messaging and they don’t call back. It’s getting a bit frustrating now. ☹️

• Gold FFM

Brent try Wildcoon she is in Wales and is completely mad we got Stanley from her he is also completely mental but very funny. CF414CEE-160E-47F1-8E28-934BFF5A9635.thumb.jpeg.ee6a8feb8667ec8cf040d25227f610ea.jpeg

He is asleep in that pic 

• Like 1

I can understand the ‘completely mad’ comment. When we got our previous Coons, we very quickly realised the breeders then all appeared to be absolutely barking.

One of the issues for us with breeders we’ve seen online is their insistence that any cats they sell must either be kept indoors or in an enclosure outside. We live in a quiet road surrounded by trees and woodland which was a cats paradise for our previous Coons and we would never have wanted to keep them in. Ok, I know we can simply lie, but it grates a bit that you’re expected to agree to not let them out.

One breeders site we saw said that all agreements made were legally binding. Not sure quite how they would enforce that but nevertheless, it is unreasonable to me to try and impose such requirements. The fact our last two lived to 19 and 21 speaks for itself I reckon, so I wouldn’t do it any differently next time around. 

Thanks for the lead, I’ll look her up and call later. 👍

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

We let him and both shorthairs out always have but we are the same live in very quiet road in fact one of them has his own chair in one of the neighbours houses! 

I wouldn’t worry about what the breeders say how will they ever know, oh yes she is properly barking mad but great cats, be warned though ours was a brown tabby he is now black and silver and I think he will end up silver. They really are like dogs 

On 02/06/2018 at 00:09, Spinney said:

Congrats on your new pal. Coons are great aren’t they. Can I ask if you got her from a breeder and where they are located please? We’ve been trying to find a breeder  so we can get another 2 Maine Coons but not having a lot of luck right now. I’ve been on the Maine Coon club website but every breeder I try to contact either doesn’t answer emails or their phone goes to messaging and they don’t call back. It’s getting a bit frustrating now. ☹️

We had pretty much the same experience through the club.  Eventually my partner, Miranda, found Morgan.  The breeders are in North Wales, not too far from Conwy; http://nant-y-crabbas.co.uk/  I think her siblings are all spoken for now, but they had another litter just born when we first went over there a couple of weeks ago.  It all went very smoothly and I don't remember there being any restriction on whether we let her roam or not.

It was a good excuse to take the Evora up to North Wales, enjoy the roads, find a furry friend and then finish the day with dinner at the Groes Inn.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bald cats are better !  Have two of these crazy critters, one lazy that always sleeps and  the other that runs round like a lunatic.   Shynx cats are just as playfull and want attention just  as much as dogs.

Very cool cats, would recommend them to anyone, and before anyone asks no folks allergic to cats will still be allergic to these critters as it is not normally the fur people are allergic to.

It is the cats saliva apparently :)

20180522_113602.jpg

• Like 1

A

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Yep, Maine Coons are just the best. It's been 2 1/2 years now since we lost our last one so have decided to get another 2 this year. Luckily, the breeder of our last 2 who had given up for a few years has now restarted the breeding programme and due a couple of litters this year. 

• Like 1