Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Caturday... - Page 7 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Caturday...

Bibs

Just changed the insurance on our cat, went from £15pm to less than £8, for more cover of what's possibly needed and none of some things that aren't needed. Now with Cardifpinnacle, who trade under the name Helpucover.

Chatting with a colleague (who was working form home at the time) yesterday and she commented her cat had them stretched out in front of her demanding a tummy rub I commented that it's a dangerous thing to do with our cat. True to form, that evening, our little soppy thing keeps rubbing up against my legs, hands etc wanting his ears rubbed, then progresses to neck and finally rolls over supposedly to have a tummy rub but immediately changes his mind and decides it's better to perform a bunny kill on my wrist and hand.

I had the last laugh I decided it was the evening to put on his anti-flea treatment. I wouldn't mind if he forms a metal link between scratching me and that nasty smell that makes him blink.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Gold FFM

I'm not a cat lover - the wife has lots of Persians......

Here's a picture of the one who has chosen me as its owner - she really is nearly a dog....

post-18482-0-23878800-1429306969.jpg

Who else has some great "cat" shots !!!

This is also very funny - even if you don't like cats.....

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...

Our ginger tom has decided he's like a dog. He often follows us when we walk somewhere even into the houses of other people. Having got accustomed to by brother's dog (as it has stayed more than once) he has even started to go with us on dog walks, and the Labrador realises we have to walk at cat speed.

One of the neighbours now has a cat that's similar to Lilly, actually it's the person that had the Bengal (killed by car). Now that our ginger tom and this grey have got accustomed to each other its getting quite odd. Both cats now spend time in the rear window area of the blue Esprit so seeing a cat face looking at me form there doesn't help identify which cat, only our has been seen in the red Esprit. I get home form shopping/ work and suddenly I have two cats round my legs asking for food, but the grey has to settle for attention. Now that the cat mint/ nip has started shooting I guess I'll have two stoned cats on the garden seat.

• 1 month later...

Sparly aka Mr. Fluffybollocks (this nickname however no longer valid for reasons you can guess) is another Ginger who has got more like a dog -he has now realised that if he gets on his hind legs he can push open the living room door with his front paws and come in uninvited to hassle us for grub. He can even (on a good day) pull at it to get out again.

He has also started "shaking hands" if you gently tap the top of his chest (although his upraised paw might equally mean "get out of my face"). 

Here's Lucy, waiting for her dinner.  :hrhr:

cE8qk7C.jpg

Has anyone had any success bringing an outdoor cat permanently inside? I adopted Lucy about six years ago. Up until December last year, when I had to move house, she was free to wander in and out as and when she pleased. At the new place a combination of a communal entrance hall with fire doors and being on the ground floor mean there's no way I can let her outside.

She wasn't too bad when I first moved, especially since it was winter and she never went out much then anyway. But now that the weather's warmer she spends hours crying at me and then leading me to the windows in the flat. :(

I've spoken to various rescue centres and vets about it. They've all said the same thing - once a cat gets used to being outdoors, it's very difficult to bring them inside.

I've tried harnesses and leads but she either escapes or panics and chokes herself trying to get out of them.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I might have to rehome her. It would break my heart to see her go - she's been my little companion through some really tough times - but I have to do what's best for her and she seems very unhappy at the moment. :(

Edited by BillTheButcher

No. The windows are really high off the ground; too high for her to be able to climb back in even if she did manage to get out. Also, on one side of the flat the windows open into someone else's garden (and they don't like cats - they've wired their garden off to stop other cats coming in); on the other side the windows open onto communal pathways so the flat wouldn't be secure if I left them open.

• Gold FFM

Smack a cat flap through the wall.

It'll only take a morning to do a nice job of it for somebody competent with a drill and a hammer!!

• Like 1

Only here once

It's a listed building with more covenants on it than I thought humanly possible. I can't make any changes to the interior or the exterior of the property without consent from the head leaseholder and the freeholder.

And there's the small issue of me not being allowed any pets...  :whistle:

Edited by BillTheButcher

Not mine, but ones we 'cat-sit' when the owners go on holiday. Lucy and Sari, both Tonkinese.

In the airing cupboard -

S__0CC1_zpsef0f98e6.jpg

Sari - purring like mad.

2015-02-25%2017.21.44_zpsw8lgquna.jpg

Lucy, the world's biggest whinger.

2015-02-22%2009.56.10_zpsknd1pysb.jpg

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I peeled back the car cover on the Esprit to find a squatter:

cat_installed_01.jpg

Nearly cacked myself when it moved! It's not even our cat, this one is:

cat_installed_02.jpg

Probably asking when I'll be done putting the interior back together!

Signature not working...

• 5 weeks later...

We didn`t realise that piling up all the furniture in the living room 2 days ago to allow the dining area to be repainted, equated to "New Adventure Playground" for Sparly.

He went "missing" this morning....only a micro-V8 rumble under a sheet over the sofa (Sparly has the loudest  purr I have ever heard) alerted me to his new and exciting exploration area....

• Like 1