Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exhaust manifold design test result.. - Page 3 - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exhaust manifold design test result..

By my calculation that's 11?   Also arn't people getting confused between N/A (no turbo) and Carbed Turbo.  Obviously the N/A one will be different but shouldn't the carb turbo be the same?

Just thought what would the cost of a bypass pipe or sports cat be?

Edited by gasmangt3

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Adrian the Early carbed turbos including the early stevens shape have a two part manifold.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Chris

Mine is the early Stevens carb turbo and pretty sure it is one piece up to the turbo. When I stripped mine down I dont recal there being an intermediate unit.

Hi Mike

Mine has the two piece setup, but mine is a very early car Dec 87

Just looked at the parts manual, there are 4 variants.

An N/A manifold

a Turbo two part with an internal wastegate US cars

a Turbo two part with an external wastegate  UK carb Non Charge cooled

and a Turbo one piece with an external wastegate. Charge cooled cars

I believe the last two can be replaced by the one Dave "Changes" has developed

Edited by red vtec

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

It cost me a total of 1575 USD, $35 of which was my cost for getting a wire transfer of $1540 from my bank to his. I was quoted and sent $1540 USD that also included apparently 90BP (~$144) shipping cost to Maryland, USA, quite higher than anything quoted so far in this forum. Something wrong with someone's numbers here.

I was also told mine would count as part of the possible group buy if there were enough members here to get to ten units, counting mine, and would I talk it up in as many forums as I could, which I did, both here and in Lotus Talk.

Therefore, I have paid approximately 963BP, including shipping to Maryland for this item. Is this correct?

Edited by MikieP

Hi all

Just to clarify here, this manifold can replace the ones used with a turbo incorporating an internal

waste gate be it one or two piece,  The ones who have an external waste gate will require a different 

turbo and a few other changes to make it fit....

Yes, it would be helpful if someone could post the pricing without VAT for the US guys and others who are interested and not subject to VAT.

Jim

Hi all sorry i did not get back sooner but had to confirm with Alunox what the VAT

situation was... As it stands for people outside the EU there will be no VAT included..

This will mean the price for those people outside the EU is £710.00 GBP.. plus shipping.

It also looks like we are reaching the required number so those who defiantly want one

put your name down now before the offer closes..

Thank you

Mark

Mark,

So I am owed quite a bit of money since I paid quite a bit more than 760BP (~963GBP (~$1136.00 plus some 90GBP shipping) as I was told I would be counted in the group buy if one could be gotten together as you and I have now? Even if the 90 BP shipping cost stands (since the highest shipping quoted being 60GBP and being the shortest distance quoted), I am still owed at least $170 then? Plus, even at 60GPB shipping what I should see back would amount to around $228 or 143GBP?

MikieP

Edited by MikieP

Hi Mike,just spoke with Leon, he going to refund the Vat, he has sent you a mail, I was copied in. Sorry for mix up.

He has incurred back costs his end ,he wasn't expecting. We will look into the best way off paying as many of are asking how to pay.

Thanks Mark.

Hi Mark.

An update.

I talked to my friend in Thailand.

He's says to book ONE definitely!

NOT Three.

If you have any difficulty in reaching him (he travels a lot), deal with me.

I'll be happy to cover for him moneywise.

So---

ONE for gixxer.

ONE for Thailand.

Thanks,

Brian

• Gold FFM

I've a couple of questions I am hoping can be answered before I make up my mind.

1) What sort of life have people seen out of their cast manifolds before a failure? In km's or miles preferably. (Like I said, mine is currently fine, but who knows how long 'till that bubble bursts?)

2) Would the warranty go from time of fitment (unreasonable to expect) or time of purchase? Also, how do we cover warranty in Australia or the US? Return to place of purchase?

3) I may have missed something in reading, but how long has anyone had one of these on their vehicle? Other stainless manifolds on here seem to have had problems fairly soon after being fitted.

Thanks

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I've a couple of questions I am hoping can be answered before I make up my mind.

1) What sort of life have people seen out of their cast manifolds before a failure? In km's or miles preferably. (Like I said, mine is currently fine, but who knows how long 'till that bubble bursts?)

2) Would the warranty go from time of fitment (unreasonable to expect) or time of purchase? Also, how do we cover warranty in Australia or the US? Return to place of purchase?

3) I may have missed something in reading, but how long has anyone had one of these on their vehicle? Other stainless manifolds on here seem to have had problems fairly soon after being fitted.

Thanks

Hi Michael,

I will try and answer these for you..

1) The original vary. some go 20+ years, others look good but have cracks when

inspected.  some scale away depending on climate ,its and age and use thing.

Replacement none Lotus cast don't seem to last that long at all generally failing

at 5 years depending on use and climate.

2) The guarantee will be from purchase date for obvious reasons..Usually if a fault

occurs you return the product to the manufacturer for repair or replacement regardless

of where you are... The manufacturer will have there own terms and conditions...

3) I have had no problems with my stainless manifolds and chose to try this unit partly due

to its design incorporating the double slip joints . This as i said in the test report should 

elevate stress flex which is partly the cause of crack failure. the other point is this is

a 321 Stainless construction which far exceeds the 304 which most people have used in

the past. 304 by it nature will break down and eventually fail on turbo application, if used

aggressively will fail in a very short time.. 

As with anything life expectancy depends on usage, no data is available on these yet as

its a new design , The prototype Mark has used for quite a while with no issues and its

design does not have slip joints and is very rigid. It all looks very favourable and i feel

confident in it for my use which exceeds what most will do...Also don't forget that unlike

the cast unit they are very serviceable as the years go by..

Dave 

• Gold FFM

Thanks Dave. Appreciate the answers.

Michael.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Hi all,

A new development has arisen in the material cost. Alunox on ordering new 321

stainless stock were shocked at the price rise from their supplier. This does not

change things at present as they have enough stock to honour the group buy price

up to a quantity of 15... but anything over that would make a business loss .

So because of this development and as we already have the initial 10 required we 

will proceed to take orders with payment straight away. This will mean the first 15

payments will receive a confirmation of order, Then the manifold as soon as production

and despatch completed. 

Sorry more of you can not take advantage of this offer, but the manifold will still be

available as a one of purchase at the revised new pricing , yet to be confirmed.

1.sailorbob - definite

2.gasmangt3 - definite

3.v39 - definite

4.Neill1607 - definite

5.gixxer - definite

6.Thailand1 Covered by Gixxer - Definate

7.Trevor - definite

8.Billy Zissis - definate

9.Paul X180R17 - Definate

10.jfitz981 Jason - Definate

So first come first confirmed. Can everyone on the list PM me there home address with post codes so Alunox can price individually with shipping costs more accurately. Then I will return to each person with the total amount payable in each case, along with Leons bank details so you can perform a bank transfer.

Once all the payments are in, work will begin , I've been told to expect 5 weeks before delivery.

Thanks Mark

Edited by MarkKassim

Hi all, I have recieved allot of PMs in the last day or so for this group buy. I think we are very close now to the 15 . Basically people on the list are fine , I'm trying sort out the last 5 , I will be talking to Leon later and will keep you updated. Mark