Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Chris Harris - Page 8 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Chris Harris

When was the last time he did a video on a Lotus?

I quite like and have followed him for a long time, it'd be nice if JMG invited him to pay Hethel a visit and maybe do a TG piece for a future season.

And I don't see that as mockery either. 99% of car people don't understand Lotus' range, not because it's very extensive but because of the cars' lack of exposure and the thousands of limited editions getting released in the last years. I'm pretty sure there's plenty of people still thinking Lotus use Rover engines and have no idea what a GT430 is, just to put in perspective

• Like 1

To be honest, it's incredibly rare that anyone, whatsoever, has done a high-profile, mainstream video about Lotus. It was embarrassing to realise that Seb Delanney was probably doing more to bring the brand to a large audience than Lotus's own P.R. Just seen a nice video, today, in which someone who vaguely knew the brand, and liked it, but did not know what they were like 'close up' had a day at Stratton's open day. For an amateur piece, he  was really able to challenge the negative stereotypes by encouraging the viewer to actually see the cars up close and personal, pointing out the quality of the materials and showing that a good-sized 6 foot 2" guy could so easily and comfortably sit in an Elise! I really hope one of the dealers lends him a car so he can make a follow-up.

I hope that one benefit from the new ownership will be a professional and consistent approach to getting the content out there; we can all moan about Chris Harris (I certainly do) but the damage of the negativity he encouraged is only so annoying because knowledge about the brand, and what they are currently delivering, is very much restricted to enthusiasts. If we'd seen The Grand Tour drive an Exige 430, or seen Top Gear have a go with an Evora 410/GT430 etc. the public at large would be starting to see what Lotus product in 2018 actually looks like, and they'd be starting to understand the differences between the models. I'm pretty sure the cars would have impressed with track times, too!

On 4/10/2018 at 14:31, BatMobile said:

Sensible stuff

Agree with @BatMobile   Harris is just playing his part as a presenter in a 'Car Based' TV programme.  Lotus really needs to to up their marketting and use these journos to get the message out there. 

I'd never really considered a Lotus having previously been a Porsche then TVR owner. About five years ago I saw his Drive film with the green Exige V6 and Matt Becker then saw the same car at a stand a Le Mans shortly afterwards.  That was definitely an influence on me buying an Exige V6 two years ago.  More recently, the videos of our very own @JayEmm were very useful in planting the seed of Evora 400 ownership.

Most people don't know what my Evora 400 is; it's been mistaken for a Ferrari and a Lamborghini. Lotus need to use people like Harris to get their products in front of buyers.  It's no use having a great product if noone knows about it.

• Like 2

Is it just me or do I get the feeling I am missing something with people defending Harris. He is not the first person to be missed of a invitation list and will not be the last, but in the companys 70 years history he is the only so called journalist to behaving like a petulant child, roll the red carpet for him, wow that as to be a joke. Come on ,he as gone from YouTube to top gear and that TV series since he as been a member is a bit like Lotus PR department pretty shocking. Lotus can put there plobems right , with the arrogance he has, not sure he can.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PAR said:

Honestly guy, if you are unhappy about him why don't you just tell him by emailing him: Chris.Harris@porschefanboy.com

FTFY.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 18:07, Bee said:

To be honest, it's incredibly rare that anyone, whatsoever, has done a high-profile, mainstream video about Lotus. It was embarrassing to realise that Seb Delanney was probably doing more to bring the brand to a large audience than Lotus's own P.R. Just seen a nice video, today, in which someone who vaguely knew the brand, and liked it, but did not know what they were like 'close up' had a day at Stratton's open day. For an amateur piece, he  was really able to challenge the negative stereotypes by encouraging the viewer to actually see the cars up close and personal, pointing out the quality of the materials and showing that a good-sized 6 foot 2" guy could so easily and comfortably sit in an Elise! I really hope one of the dealers lends him a car so he can make a follow-up.

I hope that one benefit from the new ownership will be a professional and consistent approach to getting the content out there; we can all moan about Chris Harris (I certainly do) but the damage of the negativity he encouraged is only so annoying because knowledge about the brand, and what they are currently delivering, is very much restricted to enthusiasts. If we'd seen The Grand Tour drive an Exige 430, or seen Top Gear have a go with an Evora 410/GT430 etc. the public at large would be starting to see what Lotus product in 2018 actually looks like, and they'd be starting to understand the differences between the models. I'm pretty sure the cars would have impressed with track times, too!

OI! LOTUS - get this bloke on your PR Team FFS! Top man

Nice to see the regulars cars getting a mention too! :animier:

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• 8 months later...
  • Gold FFM

And yet the driver in the video (which I just watched) seems to be able to?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

I think he means that only one wheel spins due to no LSD.

As @Advantage says, monumental cock.

I'll admit to thinking he was alright when I first heard about him. Completely different opinion now.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Yes I understand the auto box on Evora is completely different. As for the Exige though - really, you can’t spec the LSD???

Surely it’s essentially the same box as the manual Evora or is the final drive housing bigger and it’s an issue of space? If you can fit an aftermarket LSD, I can’t see any reason why the factory can’t supply one. That’s bizarre!