Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 75 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Enjoyed that @GTK. 👍 Wonder how stable the Europa is with a rear wing? - back in 1970 a magazine in the USA measured '55lbs' downforce at the rear already on a S2,  the front (without spoiler) clocked 95lbs LIFT 😨. Great to see it beat all the exotica 😎

It's a pity that I missed out on getting my car in the picture, although I can admire the fine parking of the Juke that I endured as a courtesy car 😆

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KennyN said:

It's a pity that I missed out on getting my car in the picture, although I can admire the fine parking of the Juke that I endured as a courtesy car 😆

Same here. Those Jukes are errr different aren't they? :shock::) I can still remember Phil trying to put a positive spin on it early last year when I had my Exige in for a service and he was walking me out to the courtesy car.:)

1 hour ago, KennyN said:

@Spinney As I said to Phil, the Juke certainly helped me appreciate what I've got a lot more! 😄

Indeed. Rearrange the following:-

skin pull pudding wouldn’t rice the off a

😁

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Such a travesty Jewsons won't let that building be converted into something more historic, bearing in mind it's significance.

Didn't they want to knock it down a couple of years ago?

For those that haven't seen it before, here's what it looked like originally

The_Works1.JPG

• Like 1

Another one from Harry. I'm enjoying his channel, you should subscribe too if you like good old fashioned nerdy approach to car stuff. This time he's in a 1977 Countach LP400 for a very brief video. This car is from the same era as the S1 Esprit and is also fondly regarded for its purity of design devoid of arches and bulges, small tyres and free-revving engine making the most of its lack of bloat. Sounds familiar.. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Didn't they want to knock it down a couple of years ago?

For those that haven't seen it before, here's what it looked like originally

The_Works1.JPG

Its a very small building...There was plaque placed a few years back to mark the spot

Plaque

Haringey council placed the building under their list of "interesting buildings" along with the pub next door which was run by Colin Chapman's dad. There was talk a few years back of someone hoping, with the help of the local council to use the site as some sort of engineering teaching place, which I thought would have made a fitting tribute to Colin.

• Like 1