Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 116 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Perhaps my memory is fading but I thought that the dots /markings (ex and in) on the pulleys are not in the same place on the two sides, so if you align the dots on the shaft side they are out of line on the bulkhead side. In that video they seem to align based on the shaft side. Perhaps I'm mis-remembering since it has been a few years since a belt on an Esprit (Excel is so much easier due to access).

20 minutes ago, andydclements said:

Perhaps my memory is fading but I thought that the dots /markings (ex and in) on the pulleys are not in the same place on the two sides, so if you align the dots on the shaft side they are out of line on the bulkhead side. In that video they seem to align based on the shaft side. Perhaps I'm mis-remembering since it has been a few years since a belt on an Esprit (Excel is so much easier due to access).

The dots are in the same place front to back but the IN and EX are not, so it depends on which cam it's going on.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

15 hours ago, andydclements said:

That shows just how many years since I looked at the wrong side of the sprockets.

The only reason I knew this was after a week of sleepless nights staring at Vernier and stock pulleys wondering whether it was all going to go bang in spectacular fashion. 

Margate Exotics.

47 minutes ago, 910Esprit said:

It would only take 2 mins to tweak that left headlamp pod!

Yes, the owner said he will be doing that. The weather up here has been very cold and damp, so not ideal for messing about in the garage.

And I suppose sunny days are better off spending driving. The weather is turning cold again from tomorrow for at least a week.

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/03/2021 at 11:36, Bibs said:

163762759_10165004898415367_484134239136

A completely normal day in the English countryside, with absolutely nothing out of the ordinary happening - peacefullness and calmness as always, with two typical English blokes having made a bet over a pint at the local pub, on who is going to reach work from home first, each using his preferred means of silent, quiet and meaningfull eco-friendly transportation to complete the task at hand, as it would happen on any given day... Proof given that not even a local cow bother turning it's head or even lift an eye, and local fishermen doing their daily job without any disturbance.

Carry on.

Jacques

• Like 2

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)