Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 42 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Beautiful Copper G-car. But those gold stripes are too fat surely?

DSC00615COPY.JPG

It's so obvious now, I need a Copper Bronze dry sump to go alongside my Monaco White one, just in case someone activates the burglar alarm....

• Like 1

Super :thumbup:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The AWI's fit perfectly under the wheelarches. In fact I could maybe just squeeze on a set of 295 as per the Sport350, but I think it's fine as standard 285 and 235. As can be seen on the Picture below, they fit perfectly. No worries, apart from that I need a new set of front tires, as they are worn out after 5300 kilometers. I guess I brake sometimes. Rears also nearly Down. But they stick really well. ;)

I am working on a set of Futura's to suit the 315 tires rear and 235 front. I have no powersteering, so surely not wider than 235 front. I'll post it in my own thread Little Red Riding Hood, when finished. Those Wheels will demand a set of arch extensions, which I like.

Very very nice James bond Turbo Esprit. I think the best colour, and those skiholders... I wish I had a set. In Monaco or? No snow? 35 degrees? But really great looking!!! Here in Copenhagen, temperature just dropped from 13 degrees to 4 degrees cel. and it just began to snow. The 23'rd of April. I guess I need those shiholders soon on my Esprit ;) May I suggest that the people participating in the trip around Norway get those as well?

Jacques.

red.JPG

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Hi Jacques,

do you have any rubbing issues with the 235 and the 285 tires? What are the exact sizes of your tires?

Questions asked because I'm searching / investigating for some new rims as the standard sized SE tires are unobtainable.

Freek

Esprit Freak

On 20 April 2016 at 16:26, The Pits said:

Beautiful Copper G-car. But those gold stripes are too fat surely?

imageproxy.php?img=&key=677f3e27792ca3066eb17898c8b224c115f9500048bd8581b1149f8b9de6e0f6DSC00615COPY.JPG

It's so obvious now, I need a Copper Bronze dry sump to go alongside my Monaco White one, just in case someone activates the burglar alarm....

The stripes on this one look right to me Jonny but the other Copper one pictured below.....the stripes on that look thicker than Lotus would have originally had them.

• Like 1

Quite, just in case you didn't realise, the pic I found was a still from FYEO so if anyone's doing a replica, that's what it should look like!

This is proper nit-picking territory on an epically cool car but the TURBO ESPRIT graphics on the side are too small and I'm not 100% convinced about the typeface.

For the price they were asking I'd want it perfect.

Jonny

I agree with you re the side graphics - It's got the later Turbo Esprit graphics - check out the "t" at the end of Esprit. The bonnet graphics look OK

Should be like this 160mm

TE_zpszh148k0b.jpg

Looks like it's this one - photo from SJs - 116mm

A082U4951F.jpg?mod=10

I had a similar discussion with Tocus re his dry sump car as he put the later graphics on it - although checking that post he had put the larger graphics with the newer "t

• Like 1

Hi Freek,

No, I don't have any rubbing issues or anything else for that matter.

You will have a hard time getting font Wheels for the Monobloc model. OZ are more easy to find, so I would look for that, if I wanted to go V8 Wheels. Or custom made if one cares for that.

I use the standard V8 tires: 235/40-17" front and 285/34-18" rear. Toyo proxes T1-S assymetric.

Very good grip. I haven't measure the exact dimensions as they brands are different in sizes, even if they say for example 285/35-18". I am not talking about edge protectors, but over all dimensions.

It is possible to get tires for the standard SE Wheels. Not a problem. Sometimes it's off for a couple of months, then they make a new batch or dig up some. It's actually worse to get V8 tires, as they are mostly flingblong china crap. Even Michelin Pilot Sport are hard to get, or you can only get really old hard PS2 from2012.... Sad. Even worse with the Sport300, which is very difficult to find. There must after a time, develop a niche for quality tires for old-ish sportscars like ours. SO COME ON TIRE COMPANIES! GET ON THE CASE!!!

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM
17 minutes ago, eeyoreish said:

Extra horsepower is always handy.

Yes, but it's only six !!!!. Lot of additional weight for the small increase.

And expensive. 

The current Mrs H has a horse. Just the one but that bl**dy thing costs a fortune!

At least it makes my Esprit habit look relatively cheap :D

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

They taste superb in lasagne.

i distinctly remember having a garlic fried horse steak of massive proportions on the border of France and Spain at Irun many years ago when I was about 15 and on a long distance lofty trek round Europe with a family friend. Tasted epic.......

honestly - a horse - man buy another esprit - or take up drugs - it's cheaper !!

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Had an email from an old friend of mine this evening saying he had been at Aden Park for the  drive it day display and that they had taken some photographs of a rather nice esprit for insertion into a feature in the local paper. Well bless my cotton socks, if it aint The Yellow Peril.

Well lets see if it will allow my pics this time.

resizeLOTUS5.jpg

LOTUS1resize.jpg

• Like 2