Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 61 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

18 minutes ago, Andyww said:

Had a very annoying experience today.

We took the Esprit to Brooklands as we are club members, for lunch in the members bar. Parked as we often do, in the paddock in front of the clubhouse. The place was very quiet.

I locked the drivers door but forgot to lock the passenger door. If I had been in the Ferrari, as I more often am, with the roof off I would not have bothered locking the doors at all.

Just after we finished lunch, the lady in the members bar asked around "Anyone own a white Lotus, you had better check out the car". 

I could not believe what I saw. There two families with parents who had let their kids open the doors and play in the car! They were sitting in both seats turning the wheel, and generally messing about. Absolutely gobsmacked and it was a shocking reminder that even in a "respectable" place such as Brooklands you just cant rely on some of the visitors having any decency.

When we came to leave I had a terrible job starting the car and I reckon the kids must have been pumping the pedal and flooded it, and also the steering lock was jammed.

Just incredible.

Andy, i was so shocked at this i had to read it out loud! You should have followed them back to their car and asked for a quick go. Some people defy belief!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Andyww said:

We took the Esprit to Brooklands as we are club members, for lunch in the members bar. Parked as we often do, in the paddock in front of the clubhouse. The place was very quiet.

I locked the drivers door but forgot to lock the passenger door. If I had been in the Ferrari, as I more often am, with the roof off I would not have bothered locking the doors at all.

Just after we finished lunch, the lady in the members bar asked around "Anyone own a white Lotus, you had better check out the car". 

I could not believe what I saw. There two families with parents who had let their kids open the doors and play in the car! They were sitting in both seats turning the wheel, and generally messing about. Absolutely gobsmacked and it was a shocking reminder that even in a "respectable" place such as Brooklands you just cant rely on some of the visitors having any decency.

When we came to leave I had a terrible job starting the car and I reckon the kids must have been pumping the pedal and flooded it, and also the steering lock was jammed.

Just incredible.

Can't believe it! How times have changed. I hope they apologised!

1 hour ago, Bazza 907 said:

They are old but not cracked or particularly hard and I don't go stupid fast round corners so they are fine. They are the correct Goodyear NCT tyres but not from 1980! 

That's good.  But FYI anything over 10 years old is considered unsafe for driving.

1 hour ago, Andyww said:

Just incredible.

It's bad with any super car, but this is why it's almost impossible for me to park the Lambo anywhere that I can't keep an eye on it.  They will definitely try to get in the car, but what can be even worse is when they sit on the car to take pictures.

99% of people are cool with cars like these, but that means 1 out a 100 were raised by wolves and have no earthly idea why you would be upset with them touching your property.  Literally no idea.

2 hours ago, Andyww said:

Just incredible.

FFS !

Colin

2 hours ago, Andyww said:

Just incredible.

I have to ask, what did the parents say when you got there and confronted them? Really would like to know.

I personally would have gone absolutely stark raving made, followed by totally berserk, followed by a level or foaming at the mouth and rabidness that would have a seasoned vet quivering in his or her boots!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

20 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I have to ask, what did the parents say when you got there and confronted them? Really would like to know.

I personally would have gone absolutely stark raving made, followed by totally berserk, followed by a level or foaming at the mouth and rabidness that would have a seasoned vet quivering in his or her boots!

100 quid says it's some form of this: "no earthly idea why you would be upset with them touching your property"

That being the case I am sure the parents would have had no problem at all with me touching their faces with my shiny nice size 9 shoes or trainers! ;)

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Appalled. Staggeringly rude and ignorant. Who'd have thought it at Brooklands? I'm just glad the car is OK.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Not a lot. They made a half-hearted apology and each seemed to blame it on the other parents. I am not at all the kind of person who goes crazy at anyone, I just told them forcefully that it was completely unacceptable.

By the way the people were not English. They spoke with E European accents.

There was an Elan parked next to my Esprit. I didnt meet the owner. I am really thankful that the paddock was empty because I had parked far enough from the Elan such that the doors of mine would have completely opened without hitting it, otherwise it likely would have got "doored".

I am going to look into central locking kits!

Absolute piss take,  The fact that they tried blaming each other shows they knew they where in the wrong,   Its a very sad day when you cannot leave your car especially at a place like that and have to worry about your car been used as a playground for children when it is parked up. :(

Some people have little or no respect for other peoples private property and sadly it seems to be getting worse all over the place. 

• Like 2

A

A similar thing happened to me a few years back at a school charity day (so not exactly such a hallowed venue).  There were just 4 or 5 of us Lotus owners there as a "car show".  All good during the day, but late on I noticed one guy and his son open up the doors and get in.  Not a particular worry, just in the way they did it.  Lad got in the drivers side and having wrestled with the wheel for a bit climbed over the tunnel to the passenger side.  Dad got in after...lad still standing on my passenger seat.  As I went over the guy seemed to realise that wasn't good and politely said that he hoped I didn't mind them looking inside ... as an afterthought he asked his son to get his feet off the seats.  The father did realise there was something wrong but I don't think really knew what and the boy never did and wasn't told by the father (or me).  I was upset so I should have said something, but I didn't.....   Crass behaviour by them but equally by me.  Nothing said, nothing learned. 

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Take it but fit and arm one of those burglar alarms from Q!

The small print.

I hope I never experience something like that! Don't think I would be able to control myself much...

I'd call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' n@$$@s, who'll go to work on the homes with a pair of pliers and a blow torch and get medievil on their ass. (thx to Dan for the inspiration)

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.