Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 69 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Of course, as they want to earn Money. It's not for everyone to dissasemble those Wheels. Youd need to know a Little bit, but it's not rocket science. and one may leave it to a pro if in doubt. Btw. I know  pro guy who only does this for a living and he may even give a certificate that they are in good condition and corrected and done to the standard. He is probably less expensive than what Vanya says? His Company is one of two in Denmark, who does this Work.

Anyway, I have done this many times on OZ and BBS RS Wheels. No problems ever. In fact it's better to have them corrected and renovated, than driving around on old sealings and bolts that took a hit many times, or outer lips that have structural damages and only ppolished up. Sometimes one can have them xrayed.

So, these Wheels were advertised as V8 Futura Modulars, but the specs listed were for a rear set V8 and a rear set US S4s (smaller).

I told this to the guy, and he removed a bit of the powdercoating, and indeed they were not mixed up Wheels anyway, so they are the correct V8/S4s Euro Wheels.

Just to clear it up.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Car looks stunning Ian,  Well done after the all the hard work on this even if most of it is hidden except for the interior,  Think a nice shopping trip out or meal is in order for your Mrs for not only sorting the photo shoot but polishing the the car to boot,  top lass :)

A

Looks gorgeous! :animier:

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Really like the way they pay homage to the Lotus god Chapman with the large banner :)

p3.jpg.5dc7579d4c3d408034c3ed398a099845.jpg

Also this conversion was discussed years ago, but nobody ever managed it,  looks like German fellow did it,  have never seen the attraction myself on gull wing doors other than old lambos and the delorean obviously 

ScissorDoorEsprit.jpg.d39b5edc144d50dc4be429d0f5143849.jpg

• Like 1

A

That Stevens JPS looks great! Even though it's not original... And as you say, a great tribute with the banner! :thumbsup:

I must admit a kinda like the scissor doors. They would make getting in and out easier in narrow spaces (unlike true gullwing doors), but must come with a considerable weight penalty.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Nice Esprit.

Pathetic music. No, delete that. That's not even music, it's a mentally ill person having had the opportunity to stuff his sick mind into a microphone.

Just because someone have the possibility to record his or her socalled "musical" ideas and lyrics, doesn't make them great artists nor make the "sounds" music.

As for the smoking: I find it very bad to promote smoking to Young people. Smoking is costing thousands of peoples lives every year. I burried my own farther last year because of life long addiction to smoking.

Yes, taste can be argued. Yes, there is something such as good taste and bad taste.

Crap.

Nice Esprit.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Totally Agree Mark.   I have no idea why they never did it,   Such a shame as they did so many other steven esprits limited runs such as the brooklands epsrit and the commerative models etc.   A lot of schemes would of worked on the stevens model,  I think the only one i could never see working would be the Gold leaf scheme as the esprit shape does not take well to white and red two tone schemes imo.  

These pics are off the net from the game called forza.   

Hs8OSXd.thumb.jpg.35d38d0b359a4dd5f4f5ae9bde0d1500.jpghup3vAS.thumb.jpg.5a53ade03474baf6c0424d8a2be99fa6.jpg

• Like 1

A

Agree Alan,  it is well balanced regarding decals and is just about right,  like you say though the wheels kill the desired outcome :(  The five spoke alloy of that American v8 that Steve posted at the top of the page would of worked a treat on this car imo.:)

• Like 1

A