Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Scottish Independence - Page 22 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Scottish Independence

Kimbers

55 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

But if you wanna keep it to 4/5 word statements/questions then fine.

Just remember though Pete. When it all goes tits up it'll be the English fault. The rhetoric won't change.

4/5 words is enough most of the time

We don't mind being blamed as long as it has been resolved one way or the other, wait though didn't that happen before

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Looking at votes in Scotland, no of votes for Unionists is (albeit by not much) greater than independence parties

Unionists: 1,353,377
Nationalists: 1,326,204

spacer.png

Edited by SFO

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Absolutely spot on @Neal H

We need a figurehead to spear a campaign for English independence 👍

I agree. However, whomever becomes that figure will be a labelled a bigot, a fascist, a racist, etc.  For some reason it is OK for the Celtic countries to "hate" the English, or to be passionate about independence, but heaven help the Englishman who hates them back, or yearns for an independent English state.

2 hours ago, pete said:

We don't mind being blamed as long as it has been resolved one way or the other, wait though didn't that happen before

Actually, if Scot's really understood their history, they would recognise that it was the Scottish King, who at that time was King of England too, who unified the crowns. 

The unification of parliaments came about as Scotland tried to establish a state in Central America, forged and based on greed and envy. After they bankrupted the country the unification of the parliaments happened and Scotland was bailed out by the English.  The rest as they say is history....  However, it's all really because a an Australian American wee actor painted his face blue and was hung drawn and quartered by the dastardly English AFTER he was betrayed for english coin, by his fellow Scottish countryman.  Oh the irony...

image.jpeg.baf0d7333f0ffa00d33f5f8de801bea5.jpeg

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Scotland is a funny old place. Try Googling this place

pitlochry opticians and then clicking on photos 🤣0544A049-BDEF-4B78-9E0E-904635FD08EF.jpeg.9bf5c7abbd3143e73e7fe2c343d468be.jpeg

• Haha 1

Only here once

• 4 months later...
  • Gold FFM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58641946

why are the uk government not calling the scottish witch out on this. Having to deploy UK forces due to her mismanagement of the devolved service.

Only here once

4 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58641946

why are the uk government not calling the scottish witch out on this. Having to deploy UK forces due to her mismanagement of the devolved service.

The ambulance emergency call centre sometimes cannot cope and calls can be answered by the north west ambulance. Seen this on the telly- makes things a bit difficult for them when they gat a Scottish caller trying to describe where they live.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SFO said:

Maybe Scots will at last begin to notice SNP incompetence 

Well, the SNP have gotten away with it for the last 12 years, so don't get your hopes up!

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!  Oh and Free personal care. Free prescriptions. Free drugs for addicts. Free alcohol for alcoholics....... 

You get the picture, you incentivise a population enough and get them addicted to "free stuff", then you get away with a lot... Thank Christ for the Bank of England, otherwise we'd be fecked.

• Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

9 hours ago, SFO said:

Maybe Scots will at last begin to notice SNP incompetence 

Fist time I read this I misread the last word - incontinence...

• 2 weeks later...

Just under half of Scots voted for independence last time, so it shows that a significant number of Scots want independence.

SNP is the only party in Scotland offering that option, so obviously those people will vote SNP regardless of competence and with that number of votes they’re guaranteed power.

If the other major parties in Scotland also offered another independence referendum, would support for the SNP in Scotland evaporate?

Also if Scotland did vote for independence, does that mean that the Westminster based Parties (Labour, Conservative & Lib Dems) would have to withdraw from the newly sovereign country? The SNP would have no opposition. Even if the other 3 tried to soldier on under their “Scottish (insert Party name here)” names, they would just be poo-pooed as puppets of another country’s ruling elite, who have no place in New Scotland.

2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Also if Scotland did vote for independence, does that mean that the Westminster based Parties (Labour, Conservative & Lib Dems) would have to withdraw from the newly sovereign country? The SNP would have no opposition. Even if the other 3 tried to soldier on under their “Scottish (insert Party name here)” names, they would just be poo-pooed as puppets of another country’s ruling elite, who have no place in New Scotland.

No.  The Conservaties in Scotland are known as the Scottish Conservative & Unionist Party, Labour as Scottish Labour etc. They are parties in their own right but affiliated to the larger English Parties. They have their own Leaders, Exec Committee etc.  

4 hours ago, Neal H said:

Just under half of Scots voted for independence last time, so it shows that a significant number of Scots want independence.

SNP is the only party in Scotland offering that option, so obviously those people will vote SNP regardless of competence and with that number of votes they’re guaranteed power.

If the other major parties in Scotland also offered another independence referendum, would support for the SNP in Scotland evaporate?

Interesting then the SNP consistently fail to get a majority Government. If Independence really was strong then we would not see the SNP being propped up continuously by the Greens.

• Like 1

The small print.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

No.  The Conservaties in Scotland are known as the Scottish Conservative & Unionist Party, Labour as Scottish Labour etc. They are parties in their own right but affiliated to the larger English Parties. They have their own Leaders, Exec Committee etc.  .

You’re missing my point. In the event of independence, these Parties could be considered an irrelevance at best and would probably be portrayed as an unwanted foreign influence on the decision making at Holyrood.

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

You’re missing my point. In the event of independence, these Parties could be considered an irrelevance at best and would probably be portrayed as an unwanted foreign influence on the decision making at Holyrood.

No I'm not missing your point, I'm saying that they will still be the opposition. Once Independence is secured you could more strongly argue the SNP, as a one goal party - to gain Independence - are no longer relevant and we we would then move to a more traditional politics based around left, centre and right centric tendencies. 

How would Scottish Parties be seen as an "unwanted foreign influence- I think you missed my point re they are SCOTTISH parties, With Scottish leaders etc. The Scottish Parties will continue as now after Independence, but you won't see SNP politicians in Westminster as they would be an unwanted foreign influence.

• Like 1

The small print.

• 2 months later...

On BBC ..

Sturgeon to ask the PM for more financial support

Nicola Sturgeon acknowledges the hospitality and culture sectors are being severely impacted by her advice to stay at home and limit contacts.

The first minister says she will press Boris Johnson for more financial support for Scotland's businesses in a call with the prime minister later.

She says a return to the type of state aid that was in place earlier in the pandemic is needed.

“With businesses already bleeding, every 24 hours counts - there is no time to waste," she adds.

Perhaps she could leave the UK and ask the EU for help.

• Love 1

Boris will get my vote back if he simply replied. "No, Fuck off, its not my fault you wasted all the extra money you get per head than anyone else does"

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Absolutely Tony 👍

I note that Drakeford has announced £60m of support for Welsh businesses but he hasn’t (yet?) asked for any additional contribution from Westminster.
Another example of Sturgeon’s mis management of Scottish finances.
WTF would an independent Scotland do 🤔