Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Donald. - Page 27 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The Donald.

Advantage

• Gold FFM

So let's see if I understand this?

According to all of the Donalds, and others, there was no meddling from outside bodies when he won 4 years ago. But now, democratic postal votes are only legal if they make you win. If they cause you to lose, they should all be illegal so that you can continue on with your pseudo-dictatorship?

There are real reasons why people detest politics.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Son: "Dad, why is there very little history for the USA from 2016 to 2020?

Dad: "Fake president son. Fake president."

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

In the past,

Secret Service Agent Boss: "Morning. John & Bob, you are on POTUS today."

John & Bob (at the same time): "Isn't there something else we can do? Cut the Whitehouse lawn with scissors? Walk someone's dogs? Ohh hang on, we've got it. We retire."

Some things are just not worth taking a bullet for.

You have completely misinterpreted my post, where I spoke about the sentiments behind the messages. You ignored the parts about the institutional issues in the US.  It seems our troubles were over 3 decades ago but unfortunately for many Americans the troubles have never stopped and we look back at you thinking you're still very much stuck in the 50's. What did Obama really do about that?  My point is Presidents comes and go. Some are good and some are meh.  But the society in the US is not changing or has not changed and that is nothing to do with who the President is. 

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Golf course in Florida?

Golf course near Aberdeen more like it.

Good news is shares are jumping up all over the place. 15 months and can retire....

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I just hope Biden looks after the American people and businesses. Biden's odds of dying in Office are terrible, not worth the bet. When your 2 candidates are 72 and 77 you have to wonder just how they manage to appeal to the people of America at all?  

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

12 hours ago, USAndretti42 said:

American citizens who live out of the country don't get to vote

I'm probably in the minority but am used to that :)  But, I actually believe that if you are "living" permanently outside of your country you should not get to vote UNLESS you are paying taxes back in your country.  I'm pretty sure (though not by any means certain) that US citizens do largely pay US taxes despite where they live, or something like that.

So in my mind, if you're British, but live in a tax haven and do not pay taxes here then simple. No vote.  If you're retired and live in Spain, then no vote. Etc. But then I am pretty red and blue about these things (trying to be PC by not using other colours).

To keep on topic, a lot of people voted for Trump because he was the Republican candidate and they could never bring themselves to vote Democratic. We have similar muppets over here, I mean, why else did they vote for Corbyn at the last election? It could hardly have been about his policies, no, it was the colour of his ticket. It surely cannot be that hard to understand this "loyalty" to a party as opposed to a leader.

The small print.

4 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

So in my mind, if you're British, but live in a tax haven and do not pay taxes here then simple. No vote.  If you're retired and live in Spain, then no vote. Etc. 

Agree. Why should you vote when you are not affected by the outcome of your vote, and when you are not contributing to the country?

• Like 1

Postal votes should only be available if you are away from home on the date of the election, or have a medical reason why you cannot get to a polling booth - I think this is how it used to be in the UK a few years back.

They should not be available for people who can't be arsed to get off their fat bum and go to the polling booth and vote in person.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

Postal votes should only be available if you are away from home on the date of the election, or have a medical reason why you cannot get to a polling booth - I think this is how it used to be in the UK a few years back.

They should not be available for people who can't be arsed to get off their fat bum and go to the polling booth and vote in person.

Why not? As long as they live here, are registered, why can't they have a postal vote? Maybe they are just busy and so a postal vote will be more convenient for them? Surely the goal is to get everyone who is eligible to vote, to vote.  Bring on electronic voting for me, as long as we can ensure it is secure then why not?

• Like 1

The small print.

The technology is available for on-line voting and there are plenty of multi factor authentication methods available, but I don't think on the whole, the trust is there.  Personally, I'd be okay with it. Can't be less trust worthy than leaving to hand counts??

Why do I seem to think / have a memory of digital voting booths being talked about or maybe used, perhaps it was from the US previous election, I can't remember?  Would certainly make counting the votes easier and faster - well instant!

Given how the banks are affected by data breaches (and they must spend a lot of money protecting against them), I’m not sure I’d trust any government to keep it secure.

What has always amazed me is when I turn up to the polling station, I hand them the polling card so they can take the number, but there’s no other check on my identity whatsoever. I might have dropped the card in the street, chucked it out in the rubbish, or, as is often the case, mail gets delivered to the wrong house. A secondary identity check should be carried out, to my way of thinking.

Postal voting should only be available to those who cannot attend a polling station on the day, but only for a few valid reasons, and not a long nonsensical list of get-outs.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

So long as Mitch McConnell runs the Senate it will never be OK (unless of course Republicans are winning in results) I've never seen anyone switch so much on opinion according to partisanship.  I think it should be open season on Turtles now !!! 😉

Senator McConnell Falls, Breaks Flipper - Dennis Wobber, Humor Times

• Like 2

Just a quick question on the “two nations separated by a common language” theme.

In the UK a turtle is a water-borne creature with flippers and a tortoise is its land-based cousin with legs, often kept as pets.

In the US it seems that both animals are called turtles. Is that correct?

No, in the UK, a turtle is a kind of jumper that was commonly worn in the 70's.  Nothing to do with tortoises at all.

The small print.

33 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

No, in the UK, a turtle is a kind of jumper that was commonly worn in the 70's.  Nothing to do with tortoises at all.

Ooooooooh yes and it had to be made of wool by your mum  with no stretch and 1" less than the circumferance of your own head.   

• Haha 1