Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Vanya's Turbo SE blog - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Vanya's Turbo SE blog

Rivetting read Vanya and it ends with a BRG Turbo SE.

My kind of story!

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your Blog Vanya, especially seeing as it included pics at the bottom. Wishing it was longer.......can't wait for the next instalment??

Great story Vanya enjoyed reading, not everybody goes into such details about finding their car, and lets face it, it is always exciting buying a lotus that you have dreamed of owning. especially the esprit, for some it can magic, for others it can turn into a horror story as once you catch eyes on these lets face it amazing machines you can sometimes let the great design looks cloud your judgement.  Glad yours was a happy story :)

• Like 1

A

There is someting about crossing the border to Sweden, as my speedo needle fell off on the very first trip after buying it - on the way from Stockholm to Copenhagen. But there are also great benefits of driving an Esprit from the ferry toshore, namely it's so loud, that the ferryman guides you out first thing, to get rid of the noise, ehrm... music.

Jacques.

• Like 2

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Hahaha yeah that's a good point, although when I got my Esprit it was silenced by the following crap:

25652743124_3c11e7afd0_b.jpg26191257091_9b636df3aa_b.jpg

The stock exhaust weighed a ton. I kept it for a while but was eventually forced to get rid of it. It went into a recycling dumpster. As for the cat, it too weighed a fair bit, and rewarded us with bits of monolith when we removed it. The exhaust removal was the first of our major excursions with a Dremel. It has become part of the family now. 

• Like 2

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

13 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Try the v8 back box - even bigger and heavier - oh and much more crap

Got a pristine one on my workshop shelf! Hasn't been on the car since 1996 by the looks of it. I sometimes use it to get a good pump before workouts. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

@Vanya brilliant - you should take up writing professionally :animier:

Hahaha I think blogs are more than enough for me. :D

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Well, you can't have everything.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.