Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Interior Esprit pics wanted - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Interior Esprit pics wanted

Chillidoggy

I'm giving serious thought to having a new interior for the Esprit this winter and if so, it'll be a colour change to magnolia leather with green piping on the seats. So I'm on the scrounge for photos from any S4s or V8 owner with a factory-fitted magnolia interior to show me which bits remain grey, and which don't, including the headlining, cant rails etc.

Might have the headrests embroidered or embossed, but not decided yet, as I will be sticking to the original patterns as far as possible. The carpet colour is proving to be a challenge as to what will work, though no doubt Shan will advise....

Any assistance gratefully received.

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

image.jpeg

only the dog likes the rug.

now just having a little think as to how far off the mark we can drag this topic :rofl:

• Haha 1

Only here once

This is a rough crowd here, Ian. Hang in there. Potential photos may yet surface.:)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Heartless, simply heartless crowd.

Here you go, Ian. 

Note the immaculate door seal, Barry.:P

Esprit interior b.jpg

Esprit interior a.jpg

Esprit interior.jpg

• Like 2

Maybe, but it's so much easier to get in and out.

Glad to be of service.

Dog pic.jpg

Oooh, amazing what a dog must undergo (willingly)  ;) Great shot!

Amazing looking Esprit door sils!

What is that thingy on the left side of the passengers footwell?

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

A couple of shots of my recently refurbed 1990 N/A interior. magnolia leather with Coverdale wheat coloured wool carpets. Spot on match for the Lotus original carpet colour.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

• Like 2

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

I knew that would come up, Jacques. It's a windscreen sunshade. Cuts down on the heat when parked.  Gets kinda' toasty here in the Summer. Probably works underway as well, but I'm not planning to test that hypothesis. The door sil "plates" (actually thick vinyl plastic) were purchased years ago from someone on the forum. Don't recall who at the moment. They're flexible enough to have been shipped in tubes, and are (or course) adhesive backed.

Veddy nice, Neil!

Have to go now. The barbie waits for no man.

You takin' notes, Moxie?

Ribs.jpg

Argh! A corpse on the grill?  ;)

I get you about the sun shade thingy. No need for this in Denmark, as it never shines, only rains, because Brexit was never about the ec, but the rain. It stopped the day they voted: out!

I think R&B in germany sell those sill covers?

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

3 hours ago, Jacques said:

I think R&B in germany sell those sill covers?

It's possible that was the source, Jacques. If the member's name were quoted I might be able to say "Yeah, that's the guy." Just can't recall it right now. It was close to 8 yr.s ago.

You guys...................

I would actually like photos of the interior for the S4s or V8 with the banana binnacle if anyone here has one in magnolia. This is so I can see which parts are grey, which are magnolia. The later V8 and earlier Esprit interiors are different to mine.

Margate Exotics.

20 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

I would actually like photos of the interior for the S4s or V8 with the banana binnacle if anyone here has one in magnolia. This is so I can see which parts are grey, which are magnolia. The later V8 and earlier Esprit interiors are different to mine.

My old S4s with blue piping & black binacle, here & here:thumbup:

Cheers,

John W

From the photos, it looks as though Jon's S4s has a grey crash pad, but this V8 has a tan coloured one. That's the kind of thing I'm banging on about. My interior is all grey, and it's the contrast details I'm looking for, trying to mirror the factory finish.

So, I think the magnolia leather S4s has grey binnacle and crash pad, and the remainder of the dash is magnolia, as are the A-pillars, centre console and door cards. The door cards retain the walnut 'flashes' but the armrest and ashtray mouldings are grey.

Headlinings look to be a pale grey colour?

The carpet looks like a tan colour for a magnolia interior?

Margate Exotics.

22 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

From the photos, it looks as though Jon's S4s has a grey crash pad,

No, magnolia & black only with black carpet. :thumbup:

Cheers,

John W

5 hours ago, jonwat said:

No, magnolia & black only with black carpet. :thumbup:

Jet black, or dark grey black, Jon? I ask because the photos I have seen appear to show not a proper black, more of a battleship grey. These are from the low mileage car that Barry Ely had for sale. The binnacle looks grey to me.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Margate Exotics.

Yeah that's the exact same grey as my V8 interior. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

This is my 96 V8, Crema leather with blue piping, this car has the factory option of rear window surround upholstered in matching creama leather, i think standard trim has a black surround.

IMG_0784.JPG