Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Amazon Prime/Netflix/Disney Thread - Page 7 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Amazon Prime/Netflix/Disney Thread

ChrisJ

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had Apple TV when it first came out and cancelled it because after watching Ted Lasso there was a right load of Sh*te.

Is it any good now? 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Same here. Had heard the hype about Ted Lasso back in the day, watched it on my free Apple TV trial and thought it was absolute tripe. Couldn’t even watch it with my football mad kids due to the unnecessary and unfunny swearing. Mike Bassett, England Manager it is not. Then watched a couple of their in-house films and just cancelled when the trial ended. Now in the same boat again a few years later with my new iPhone. They keep pestering me to start the 3 month free trial again, but there doesn’t seem much worth watching. There’s the Masters of the Air USAAF WW2 bomber series coming up at the end of January, but I fear that will just be a cliched Hollywood CGI predictathon. I also calculated that my free trial would expire before the final episodes have been released, so still in two minds whether to bother.

• Gold FFM
On 21/11/2023 at 12:50, Sparky said:

Boat Story, BBC iPlayer.  Entertaining!

i only watched this because of you Sparkles, Commander bailed out within 15mins due to the blood but actually it was brilliant, I will now point you all to Breeders which if you have kids is the funniest programme i have seen in years. We have all been there

• Like 1

Watched a couple of films on Amazon yesterday - both enjoyable easy watches.

• The Kill Room
  • Mafia Mamma

• Gold FFM

We looked at Apple TV due to the free trial. W didn't even make it through the free trial period. Could not really find anything on there that we were slightly interested in.

We have Netflix, Prime and Stan. Not sure we will be seeing all of them. Some just have nothing worth watching.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 25/11/2023 at 12:11, ramjet said:

We looked at Apple TV due to the free trial. W didn't even make it through the free trial period. Could not really find anything on there that we were slightly interested in.

We have Netflix, Prime and Stan. Not sure we will be seeing all of them. Some just have nothing worth watching.

If you are a geek like me then Disney is better than all the rest. I reckon we watch more Disney than any other channel.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

I like Disney, but then I like the Marvel and Stars Wars stuff (not the animated stuff).

Came across "Banshee" on Prime, and am now into the second series. It's full of sex and violence, but I'm struggling on through it.

There's a few things I want to watch but they're only on Paramount. I can't be bothered with another subscription but Lawman Bass Reeves looks compelling. Hmmm. Might try a free "trial"....

Netflix is pretty dead to me right now. I'd cancel it but the wife is watching a few things on it. If they bring in adverts though, it's gone, as I got stuffed for the "family" viewing package as my kids don't live at home and use it, so the price went from c. £13 to c. £25 already. I'll not pay any more.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

It’s funny how these streaming services have proliferated. There’s only a finite number of potential subscribers and most people are only interested in the films, which are often available across the different platforms. The only non movie content I have watched is The Grand Tour and Clarkson’s Farm on Prime. I am not interested in any of the American TV shows or series. I get the feeling that many of the programmes produced and aired must get next to no viewers whatsoever. You can only cut the viewing audience so many ways.

It's gone like Cable Services were in the US. People over their would subscribe to multiple cable services to get their entertainment.

Now here, it is multiple streaming services. They all started out cheap (except Sky) but now we have Sky, Now, Prime, Disney, Paramount, YouTube, AppleTV, ITVPlayer, IPlayer, and more all vying for our wallet. To get them all would be £200 per month for fooks sake. 

Sky I tolerate but hate the ads.

The YouTube ads are increasingly everywhere and at shorter intervals so I find myself using it less and less.

If Netflix bring in Ads then I'm cancelling.

Disney - quite happy with the format and the cost right now. But if they start with the ads, then yes, I'll probably kill it.

Paramount - having got round to subscribing and not sure I will.

Apple TV - well, I hate anything Apple so that's not going to happen.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

7 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

I get Paramount Free with Sky Movies package?

Don't get Sky Movies.

The small print.

@C8RKH  YouTube ads - mine have gone away again now 🎉 after I installed the uBlock Origin Extension on both Edge & Firefox. 

I also have AdBlock running with YouTube allowed on Edge.

They were every 5 minutes in a 1 & 1/2 hour documentary, was driving me mad.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

I get Paramount Free with Sky Movies package? Did you check that? I had it already so kept it and paramount was a bonus. Glad I did as paramount own the Star Trek Franchise and Strange new worlds is excellent. Also 1883 was so brilliantly brutal it got me into Yellowstone which is equally brilliant.

I agree with you on Sky. Think I pay £70 a month and barely watch it, but couldn't do without Sky F1 as my Dad and Son in Laws come watch every race with me and....well, it's a family thing, Hotdogs and breakfast baps, coffee and loads of chat, mainly from my son in laws staggered over my old mans stories. Hehe, just this week watching the final race Adam mentioned Red Bull's Christian Horner. His mouth dropped open as without even looking away from the TV dad said "He's a brilliant and ruthless boss, I know him reasonably well, but knew his dad a lot better. When we were negotiating to buy an F1 Team in 2007 I met up with him and Bernie and a few other team bosses."

Tumbleweed to an almost reverant comment from my Son in law "You know Christian Horner and Bernie Ecclestone?" 

The rest I can't talk about cause its secret :P

Taylor Sheridan is Paramount's golden goose right now. Seek out anything he does, Yellowstone (gives going to the train station a whole new meaning), the prequels, Lioness, Tulsa King, etc and they rarely disappoint.

I'm sure I'd love to be a fly on your wall any time your Dad's around, Kimbers. :unworthy: 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

@C8RKH  YouTube ads - mine have gone away again now 🎉 after I installed the uBlock Origin Extension on both Edge & Firefox. 

I also have AdBlock running with YouTube allowed on Edge.

They were every 5 minutes in a 1 & 1/2 hour documentary, was driving me mad.

Thanks Chris, I'm off to get uBlock installed, AdBlock did nothing for me on YouTube re blocking ads.

The small print.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Is it just me or is the X-Ray option on Prime shows just a silly waste of time?

I looked at a picture of a rather attractive actress, but I could not see through her clothes at all.

It just doesn't work.

Whoops. I said that out aloud, didn't I?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

You did, and now you're on several special lists around the planet.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Do I need to go and sit on the naughty step? :popo: 

On 14/12/2023 at 10:08, ramjet said:

Do I need to go and sit on the naughty step? :popo: 

I bet you rent out your home on Air BnB. How many cameras you got in there now?

The small print.