Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SteveV8s V8 (Big project in a tiny garage) - Page 4 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

SteveV8s V8 (Big project in a tiny garage)

• Gold FFM

You might've shaved your legs before donning that head nurse outfit.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
15 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

I've never seen a man's part that looks like a small electrical screwdriver either?

It's a PZ3, it just looks small in relation to its surroundings :P.

• Gold FFM

In fact, it's that long snake-like object just to the right.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

On 13/03/2017 at 22:20, eeyoreish said:

Not sure it ought to be black...:doc:

Overheated due to excessive friction?

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

She's ready to come out.

DSC_0136.thumb.JPG.74921ffc72346201d12c66c4d045f92c.JPG

Just one question, I was thinking of removing the rear spoiler to give me a bit more clearance, has anyone done this, or am I going to end up drilling out yet more sheared off bolts?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Never had a problem getting those wings off.  Yes, definitely remove it!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Cheers @Sparky,  I'll have a go tomorrow, my attic already looks like the Lotus spares department, so another few bits won't hurt.

Good luck with the spolier Steve,  Hope it turns out to be a walk in the park,  also good luck with the engine and trans removal,  What is the actual plan once the lumps out ?  i.e what did you plan to replace, belts ,turbos etc,  I know after reading the Barrykearly thread it will proberly be a lot more stuff than you first intended,  but what was the reason for the pull,  just general maintiance etc ? 

A

• Gold FFM

Nah - ho won't find anything else wrong with it :rofl:

i sense a credit or debit card about to be spanked within an inch of its life

• Like 1

Only here once

I removed the exhaust then split the gearbox from the engine and dropped the gearbox out from the bottom at the back of the car - plenty of room. Then craned the engine out separately. I also had to replace the ims bearings too, I think the belts were over tightened in the past and the rear bearing failed completely - I was extremely lucky to catch it in time!

Good luck with the project, I did most of the work on my own too, at least you'll know it's all done correctly. 

• Like 1