Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 160 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

Some McLaren news, Geely won't be snapping them up then! 

Today we are pleased to confirm that McLaren's long-term strategic shareholder, Mumtalakat has taken full ownership of the McLaren Group following the conversion of all preference shares into ordinary shares. This marks a major step in the ongoing business transformation of our company.

We are delighted at Mumtalakat’s continued commitment to McLaren through this deal, which strengthens our ownership and governance structure. This will further enable us to focus on delivering our long-term business plan, including investment in new products and technologies.

The capital reorganisation also provides a strong platform on which to engage with potential strategic partners in order to expand McLaren’s product portfolio and grow its offering of unique and unrivalled luxury customer experiences. #McLarenAutomotive

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Been in to Lotus Exeter this morning and a notice says it's closing  next week. They are still doing test drives etc.

No, have been in touch with Lotus myself.

The guys at Hendy are not sure what is going on, their Hendy performance stock is getting picked up next week, they are still having customers in/potential customers for test drives etc and you can still book via the Lotus booking site. Don't know what is happening to the Lotus stock as some is owned by Hendy and the rest Lotus.

I suspect that Lotus wanted them to improve their site facilities etc and Hendy were not keen to spend loads of dosh. The Exeter site is a bit rubbish, just tagged on the side of Honda, with a small access road and other businesses also nearby.

There is a load of the new Lotus vehicles on the horizon, not like back in the early 2000's when London Lotus closed. So you would think the future would be good.

@mayevora, @Markindevon and @MPx are all aware. I spoke with the Lotus guys at the big Exeter performance show that was held 2 weeks ago. Lotus had the most obvious presence there, you would hardly have known that Porsche and McLaren had a dealer in the show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hendy Lotus Exeter,

Been out for a spot of shopping....

and managed to get in the Hendy car park, even though there was a transporter in front of the Lotus showroom. Looked to have 5 or 6 Emira's loaded up. He had just stowed the loading ramps. There was another empty transporter on the other side of the main road outside - helping to hold the traffic up. Cars were trying to get in/out of the Honda car park as well. Chaos. There was a least 1 Eletre outside.

The next door to the showroom part looked a bit more vacant as we tried to get past the transporter.

Closing date this Saturday.

Did you get a "reason" for them closing @exeterjeep?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Nope, only what I speculated about above. Don't think that the guys in Exeter know.

Will be popping in on their last day on Saturday.

OK, always a shame to see a dealer leave, as we have precious few as it is.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Have written to a couple of chaps at Lotus - but not holding up much hope.  (none actually)

• Like 1

Lotus Exeter : most of the cars gone, a few Lotus left, one is an Eletre with frontal damage!

Still taking service bookings.

Most of the performance cars have gone (one AM in showroom). 

Today doing a handover of the Bond V6 Exige to a guy who has a LF1 Exige in p/ex. Still customers cars in workshop presumably waiting parts.

The clothes/knick knacks in the showroom have gone. 

No proper closure announcements made yet, maybe  Hendy may just 'forget'. It seems Lotus Eastleigh have a proper showroom now, so it looks like they will be continuing.  

Look to now be in the former Renault showroom.

@mdavies 410 surely 430, with carbon panels and an adjustable suspension system 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Bravo, indeed, but I hope that the tone of my Chapman Bespoke post, overall, left little doubt that I considered my wishes as just hopeless pie in the sky! 

On 31/03/2024 at 11:41, Bibs said:

That's what the GT4 is! 

So where's the "road" version mere mortals can buy and use?

The small print.

On the way. 

Ever heard of the sports car company that only released a single model of a car? Or one that released the higher performance ones initially?

We have all seen that there's an S and an R model in the works some time ago. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

It's been 2 years and little news @Bibs, and along the way we've had many broken promises, missed deadlines, etc. Forgive my scepticism but Lotus has earned it.

Funny how they have been able to get the ultra high performance electric bread vans out first, which makes your point re the "higher performance ones initially" rather moot.

• Like 1

The small print.