Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 146 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

• Gold FFM
  • Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Perhaps Lotus realise that they don't need Regie. Lotus humiliated Renault in the 90s with Elise Vs Spider, Hethel can do it again 😀

Justin 

• Like 2

Seen a post saying that the London flagship store is now showing an opening date of 29 July. 

• Like 2

Sounds a bit like cars for senior citizens, and modifications for same.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

@LotusLeftLotusRight

😎 ...not that wrong ...:-) ...I think the last tennant of that place was peloton.....

(seeing the black bikes and the black bike trailer you think that there is a full new direction.....electric units cancelled, just human power ... 😉

• 3 weeks later...

From today's Times:

Lotus losses accelerate after supply chain problems

The issues have taken some of the shine off last year’s launch of carmaker’s latest model, the Emira

Supply problems have put the skids under Lotus Cars, with pre-tax losses rising to £141.1 million following a slump in the number of cars it could deliver.

The Norfolk-based sports carmaker sold only 576 cars in 2022, compared with 1,566 in the previous year, due to “production challenges”, its latest accounts show.

With revenues falling from £80.9 million to £56.3 million, pre-tax losses were up 68 per cent on the £86.6 billion loss recorded in 2021.

Lotus said 2022 had been a “year of transition” with the launch of its new £81,000 Emira, as well as Evija, an electric sportscar, and Eletre, an electric SUV, as well as the opening of a new production facility named after its founder Colin Chapman.

“With any new model launch there are always production challenges which were enhanced with the supply chain challenges faced by the automotive industry,” Lotus said in the filing.

• Haha 1

Cheers,

John W

Wow @jonwat Lotus lost £86.6 billion in 2021. Isn't that more than Musk lost lol?

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

12 hours ago, Bibs said:

You'd think The Times would know their b's from their m's! 

Nah, I read it every day & the standard of journalism is rubbish.

Cheers,

John W

Don't know about non UK, but SMMT reports registrations as follows (customer sales plus demos, for  Emira + a few Eletre)

By month 1-6

Lotus   64 55 192 177 104      75
  • Like 1

Yeah it's probably just a slower than anticipated start due to the many factors of the world being crap.  I imagine the order book still remains pretty full and the factory are making them as fast as a they can.  Just the usual doom mongering by newspapers to our attention.

• Like 1