Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 165 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

2 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

perhaps the factory are cracking down on using the brand name??

Probably, shame they're not putting more effort into getting their cars sorted.

Met an Emira owner at the weekend. Every single body panel on his car had paint bubbles and bubbling. It looked terrible, and Lotus not really covering themselves in glory with their responses, probably because they're focused on the wrong things. Remind me again, for how many decades has this been an issue in one way or another?

The Emira owner beside him, was on his second. The first one was rejected due to the number of issues with it.

I think @jep that a move to selling Lotus Biscuits and toilet paper might be a positive one.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Probably, shame they're not putting more effort into getting their cars sorted.

Ever seen a lawyer with a spanner?

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I'm sure they'd be as useless with a spanner as anything else.

Not sure a spanner would be any use in a paint shop either.

Edited by Bravo73

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I did actually buy shares in Lotus. Fortunately, it's the biscuit company, to date no loss or gain, I could only afford one share. Bite size. 

Justin 

They are rather expensive aren't they.

1 minute ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

They should ask for their money back.

He is!

The small print.

Interesting article, raises some pertinent points.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/opinion/new-cars/volvo-about-out-lotus-lotus

The small print.

Polestar are interesting in the context of this thread aren't they? seeing as they're Geely owned, and their bread and butter is selling premium sporty EVs to the mainstream. 

They didn't exist 15 years ago, last year they sold ~7k cars in the UK. 

Lotus have a brand name presumably with a lot more Cache in China or else I don't see what Geely stand to gain from pitching the two brands head to head against each other globally.

If I was Geely I would either a) let Polestar and Lotus combine engineering forces/platforms/powertrains/driving dynamics and create models more akin to how VAG do it with Cupra/SEAT/VW/Audi/Skoda do, with what is more or less the same car, just with subtle styling differences and character differences.

or b) let Polestar do the EV/SUV thing altogether, and U-turn on Lotus doing premium heavy cars that don't fid the brand ethos. If you have to, just badge the Polestars as LOTUS in China only. Bring back the Exige V6 - controversial decision but I think it would be a popular move in Europe. Dedicate some investment to homologating the Exige V6 in the USA. Again it would be a popular move, you'd sell the the first 500 units there instantly and it should be pretty problem free as it's a well proven platform. 

Porsche have announced they are abandoning ICE'd Caymans. That'd be a market opportunity for Lotus to capture with Exige V6/Emira V6 if they can take it, especially as nations roll back EV-only legislation dates.

But what do I know... 😆

On 18/07/2024 at 11:32, pat_t said:

.................. or b) let Polestar do the EV/SUV thing altogether, and U-turn on Lotus doing premium heavy cars that don't fid the brand ethos. If you have to, just badge the Polestars as LOTUS in China only. Bring back the Exige V6 - controversial decision but I think it would be a popular move in Europe. Dedicate some investment to homologating the Exige V6 in the USA. Again it would be a popular move, you'd sell the the first 500 units there instantly and it should be pretty problem free as it's a well proven platform. 

Teleg today:

Porsche has abandoned its sales targets for electric vehicles (EVs) amid waning demand from customers.  The German car manufacturer previously said that EVs would account for 80pc of its new vehicle sales by 2030. But bosses have now watered down that goal, saying sales will depend on uptake and how the technology develops around the world.

Are you listening, Geely Lotus?

• Like 2

I see Lotus just wasted a load of money in a trademark dispute with Motus Commercials.

Lotus loses trademark dispute against Motus (fleetnews.co.uk)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

They've been chasing down a large number of companies that use Lotus in their name recently. Waste of time/money, without a doubt.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

does that include SWLC?

Well for a start Motus aren't Lotus (they are one of my customers). Secondly they are Motus Commercial Vehicles, Not Group Lotus or Lotus cars.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Oh and Motus starts with an M, Lotus with an L.

Yet more effort and focus on frivolity, yet Emira's still leaving the production line with significant issues?

The small print.

It seems strange that Motus is deemed not to be similar to Lotus but the Lotus mark is now being restricted so that it doesn't count in areas where Motus operate. That sounds like there is a similarity! Peculiar thing to be going after, anyway.

SWLC might be different, if not two-fold, since they are not uniquely Lotus; I imagine it sits better for their Noble customers that they are not just named after Lotus.

Unforeseen outcome

Motus won on all counts, so much so that MILS has restricted Group Lotus’ existing trademarks (some of which have been in place since 1957) from protections against all land vehicles to motor cars only.

or tractors or buses or trains or military vehicles.

Snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. 

• Like 1

The small print.

That was the phrase I was looking for.

Rearranging the deck chairs springs to mind.  How much longer can those at the top survive?  You can only shuffle the middle so many times before it becomes apparent where the issue lies.

• Like 1