Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 69 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

I started a thread about the Shanghai announcement on Fchat to gauge the US reaction. Some interesting comments mostly negative 

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/lotus-announcements-at-shanghai-motor-show-2019.598487/#post-146566500

• Gold FFM

At least they said something. I ran into a bunch of them at a car meet in WA. Only 1 was interested in talking to me. The others would only talk to other Ferrari owners.

I sometimes see one on the Coast Road down here. I wave from the Esprit...................................What do I get back? 🦗 🦗 🦗 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Just been for a half day-out in our old Ferrari Mondial T cabrio with the family. Top-down, it was all very nice and no need to break the speed limit for thrills. It’s on 45k miles now, so there’s no real depreciation issues with adding some miles. We won’t keep it forever, but it’s a bit of family fun in the classic car mould. Some guy even offered to swap his 15 year old Mondeo for it!

Very complimentary article given the age of the current series of Evora but the last paragraph threw me facelifted 400, Im sure Auto car have driven the 400

Lotus Evora (2009 - now): Blessed with superb handling and an uncanny ability to brush off the most brusque of bumps, the Lotus Evora is the connoisseur’s choice. Whether you go for an early car, a facelifted 400, a lightweight Sport 410 or the GT430, you’ll have a brilliant B-road hack. Early examples start from £28k, while post-facelift cars with an improved gearbox are closer to £60k.

At half the price of a 400, I am sure that makes the early Evora the bargain of the decade, for some a better looking car, the 400 yes a great car and basically where we are today be it 410, 430. Me for one can not wait for the next incarnation, what will be based on the same platform, but what’s been leaked will be radically different in many ways and believe me for the better, that’s the only way Geely know how to operate.

Yeah about that, the release of a GT4 Concept would seem to indicate that the Evora will remain in production for a little while longer and that the new car will come in addition to it. That would mean the car comes either slightly below in terms of range or slightly above...  Remember that JMG hinted at the fact that the Exige would be the first car replaced?

Well I think the upcoming car may be an Evora based Exige, roomier than the current Exige, with all the bells and whistles Lotus can throw at it using Geely components, yet smaller than the Evora and priced lower at the bottom end but on par, if not higher at the top end. Then again the car would be more extreme than any Evora could be at the top end while being able to outgun the competition further down the range, a Cayman killer and at the same time 911 GT3 hunter. The absolute momentum car on track but with a powertrain that will pack very serious punch... 450bhp or more from the engine and because Geely has one on shelf and they will have plenty of time to make it bulletproof a 7 speed DCT gearbox, while still catering for the manual drivers with another refinement on the venerable Aisin BG6... With Geely backing them Lotus now has the legs to ask for a bespoke version.  

• Like 1

ohhh are those Autocar pictures from Lotus or ones Autocar created them selfs?

I really like individual bits of the car but not sure it works 100% all together?   Looks a little squashed could maybe be a bit longer?  Its certainly a nice design but needs a little tweak in my opinion before its finished.

The packaging of an electrified mid-engined rear wheel driven 2 seater sports car sounds like a very interesting challenge.

I wonder if it means just a 48v battery paired with a V6 or a full on hybrid motor paired with a 3/4cyl engine, shoehorned in the engine bay, with a battery bank slotted on top of the gas tank or between the passenger.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lotus loose on Geely own V6 to get the thing integrally "lotusified", be it turbo or supercharged with a spec sheet to play the part 7500 max rpm, 450bhp+,  550nm, a 6 speed manual for the purist and 7 or 8 speed DCT or auto gearbox. 

I fully trust the Lotus design team and Geely parts bin to put together a cabin that will not only bring Lotus in the 21st century  but also give some of the established players a run for their money.

I do like the 2010 intent Prototype Elan too, but for some reason I think that Russell Carr and is design team will try to stay as far away from it as they can, and the shadow of the Type 130 seems to point with curvier shapes...

Hey, 

Why 2 pages of this topic were deleted?...…….Couple of members mentioned their dissatisfaction with Lotus and the new 2020 Evora GT, that is coming to the US.

Why the censorship?

Edited by ramjet
Content deleted. All in other topic.

9 hours ago, Bibs said:

Evora in the USA discussion is now here... :)

No censorship @CharlieBrown you just need to read the previous posts....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yup.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

From recent discussions the future of lotus outside the UK is going to be one hard slog to get a whole new buyer base as current perceptions of people I speck to still think LOTUS Elise is the only thing that they made and it’s just a hard riding tiny sports car..