Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
London Terror Attack - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

London Terror Attack

Bibs

Yes sadly it was to this day last year that Brussels got attacked,  Sickening that they have managed to do this but how do you stop it,  it was a car and some toe rag with a knife not an AK47,   I feel for the families of the victims, just such a waste of life,   

A

• Gold FFM

I just can not rationalise why anyone would do this.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I can, fake religion that happily justifies the killing of non believers , brainwashed from birth etc,  If the Koran had been written telling Muslims to jump of cliffs like lemmings,  muslims would now be a rare thing ! 

• Like 1

A

• Gold FFM

No. I mean the point? The end game? The reason?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

They want to try and scare people into comforming,  What they do not understand is that it will make no difference, but sadly it  is the only way they feel they can get their message across, The only damage they are doing now is the every time they do something like this all Muslims end up going down in peoples eyes.   Its a double edged blade,  on the one hand if hate crimes start which is what they want i.e to segregate the Muslims in the UK even more, or you get a grip of them.   Sadly with the hate clerics etc and the bizzare antics of the Muslim faith they will put a few people on the tv saying it is not accepted by the general muslim public.

But in reality the general muslim public do nothing to stop it, as it is seen as acceptable in the religion of Islam.  To many young lads going of to fight overseas and the families do nothing,  no go zones for non muslims in certain areas in the UK.  shops having fund raising tins for isis, general support for the islamic state from people who have the cheek to condem the West but at the same time like to use it luxurys and benefits. 

The Muslim community is also starting to see the Police as Racist and also not required because they have Sharia law in place in many areas. 

Lets see what the Mayor of London has to say on the Matter,  As a Muslim himself his religion teaches him he should put his Muslim brothers first which is exactly why he should not of been put in the role in the first place.  All muslims do is find a way to loop hole everything,  normally by screaming rasicm, saying that things go against their beliefs,   I for one am sick of having to be pc and tread light footed and seeing things changed for these people,   

Get rid of the Black Ninja suits,  Get rid of the pyjama clothes, or if the men are going to wear those long white gowns at least let them do it at night with a long night hat on and candle stick so they at least look like something out of Charles Dickens, rather than turning the UK into looking lke some middle eastern dust bowl.  

• Like 2

A

Only heard the news this morning, shocked and sad, as been mentioned exactly one year after the attacks in Brussels... Another pointless loss of lives. :( I also find it unnerving that the PO put on the street to protect the public became a victim himself. To a knife no less, hope this wasn't meant to probe for weaknesses.

9 hours ago, ramjet said:

No. I mean the point? The end game? The reason?

War is not meant to be you dying for your country-it is by making the other bastard die for his. (Patton?) Terrorist just seem to want to make sure they take some of us with them.

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Does anybody else think that the media coverage has gone over the top. Aren't they just giving the terrorists the publicity they çrave .Why did the breakfast shows think it was a good idea to do their live show from outside Westminster going over and over the same things and giving the terrorists even more publicity 

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 hour ago, pete said:

Does anybody else think that the media coverage has gone over the top. Aren't they just giving the terrorists the publicity they çrave .Why did the breakfast shows think it was a good idea to do their live show from outside Westminster going over and over the same things and giving the terrorists even more publicity 

Yes, personally they went way overboard, the worst I heard was the BBC correspondent Peter Hunt talking about some poor French teenage students caught up on the bridge stating they had come to London to get away from the horrors of Paris - WTF!

52 minutes ago, clivef38 said:

Why was the PC not armed in the position he was in?

There was a quote at some point today stating the first line of police at the Palace of Westminster are not armed as they don't want them to appear intimidating or unwelcoming to visitors. If this is true and not another bit of poor journalism then I suspect this policy may get reviewed.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

Why give these dickless nutflakes the oxygen of publicity. It's what they want.

As for the BBC they have standards of journalism to maintain and both waited for confirmation of identity and followed police instructions not to name the attacker early.

Unlike the internet and C4 news who named the wrong guy last night.

I actually agree with you. In most cases - a complete media black would be far more helpful than hundreds of ambulance chasing media folks flocking round these incidents. 

Its the bbcs presentation that I find particularly annoying. It's so skewed it's a joke

Only here once

• Gold FFM

It got a lot of airplay here in Australia as well. It is probably right to give it no airplay and as the guy above says in the video, treat as simply a crime and not report it.

I don't think that would stop it occurring, but would certainly stop people worrying a lot about something that may not be that much of a concern.

• Like 1

Regarding the bad news idea. As I understood it, the bad news are nearly always listened to, as it calls for an old instinct to get allerted, hence why we pay attention to it. And why the medias nearly always only report these kind of things. And make big money.

On the other hand, as we are presented to this kind of news, namely bad news, on average I'd say that 99,9 percent of listeners and readers, cannot do anything about it, apart from listening and reading, followed by debate against or pro. But the status of not being able to actually do anything about it, creates a stress situation in the listener/reader, which cannot be converted into action (to solve it), which then either is filtered out of ones system or is translated into action of some kind or creates a longer term status in the receiver. This can then lead to an imbalance in the mind and/or body.

This of course, is not made better as the vast majority of the western World's population, are respectiong laws and regulations and generally being fairly peacefull, not wanting to start riots or even worse. Instead we in general put our trust into the political system under whose rule we are subjected, voluntarily or involuntarily. If that political system is not responding with measures which the population thinks is appropriate, it further destabilises their state of mind by enhancing the mindset conflict. Here, we for example have the basis for the political extreme right to act and gain a forward momentum. As this is not always shown directly, it may lead to a experienced sudden change in public oppinion. At least on the surface and not always easily detectable by governments.

To make matters worse, medias today are very fast and very very repetitive.

This destabilization of people may on a larger scheme lead to a shift in the mutual recognition of the general regarding of a person/multiple persons/large population groups. And that is why it's relatively easy to shift public oppinion from one standpoint into another, as long as it goes from positive to negative, or negative to more negative. As population groups are living closely together, as we see it inmodern society, it also creates a move in the opposite group, here namely the wrongdoers. Those people will feel uneasy because of the bad action, followed by all the bad press, followed by a long term shift in general oppinion of themselves.

This will either create a state in the recipient as in one of being superrior, or the exact opposite. The end result is a lineup of two or more frontiers, thereby having a potential for large scale conflicts.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'd like to see the general masses of that explicit belief Group stand up and say no to the wrongdoers. Keeping silent is also a form of acceptance. I don't believe that the West can shift it over. It will have to come from within. Again, as the male population is very easy to agitate into aggression because of the structure under which they live and operate, and as they are suppressing half of the grown population, I cannot see it coming from them. Instead I think a response will have to come from the female population of said group. Once they have had enough, that is.

Meanwhile, I think it's about keeping ones head cool, stand firm in what we believe in and try to see if there are problematic areas in how we run society, which can be adjusted accordingly to avoid future problems. Naturally, there are really many areas which can be adjusted. I don't see a problem believing in God in Christianity, but I can certainly see a problem here and there in how some prople try to interpretate it on behalf of others.

Another thing is, I don't exactly understand how is it, that a human rights Court in Haag and other similar bodies, stand up and defend the rights of the wrongdoers, when they are not even doing the same for the victims? When are they fighting for the rights of those humans having been killed by those offenders? When will they stand up for those innocent people killed or hurted in London in this incident?

With regards to the "other side" as I see it, for some it's a conflict of political character, for some it's about wealth and for others it's about their socalled belief system. All of them creating perfectly manipulative masses to be exploited by leaders or lack thereof.

Peace,

Jacques.

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

5th Person died last night. Very very sad. 

Was sitting in work last night and a lady came to the front desk and dropped off cakes, biscuits and all sorts of goodies. She gave us all a hug and told us that she appreciated us and what we do. Brought a lump to my throat. First time in 5 years someone has done that :) 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer