Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 56 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

21 hours ago, Xynagy said:

The question for me would be what a possible replacement would look like.

You know every bit of the car, it is well protected with Xpel from the Start so will look great in 5 years as well.

Is there a car you lust for and need the money, then sell it. Otherwise just keep it or call for a way off price where you make lots of money.

But be aware you will Never get a similar GT430 again.

Or of you are bored with it get a 475 upgrade, Leitspeed wheels and KomoTec brakes, that is what I would like to do. 

Fun fact: For LHD market the GT430 is the most common Version of the Evora you can get. So no Chance of a Price increase for my car.

I’ve been a bit of a collector over the years so I already have a number of other garage queens which I’ve decided it’s time to start driving and enjoying more often. I’m not looking for a replacement more of a reducing and thinning out.

I had an Emira on order as well which I cancelled recently as I had a sense check realising it was getting out of hand.

I generally keep my cars as intended in original manufacturers spec (other than noisy exhaust button) so upgrading isn’t really my thing. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just thought it would be a good idea to run both so I could compare and also my wife was interested last year so she would have used it as well. If we didn’t like it we’d sell at the end of summer.

7 hours ago, jimichanga said:

Curious how an Emira could appeal to a GT430 owner. Clear step down imo

That's my view, it is just that in a few years to get one of the last batch of Lotus petrol cars could be an option to consider. And get a new car/warranty.

don't see an issue in owning both TBH. If we weren't getting an Eletre, did and would consider an Emira for using in winter months when GT430 is snuggled up in garage.

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

I very much doubt it will ever see power like that from the factory but going fast isn’t such a big deal these days, you can wind an Evora 400 up to nearly 500bhp already, modded Emiras will offer similar. Matching the Evora GT/Sport series cars tactility might prove more challenging.

Edited by jimichanga
  • Like 2

I’m assuming we’ll see power upgrades and carbon finery for limited and special editions.

I’m sure we’ll see the same cycle of power upgrades that we saw with the Evora which is why I didn’t put my name down for an early Emira. 

Subject of course to whatever emissions regulations and tax regimes look like over the the next few years before they can launch an all electric version.

Hi David, nice to meet you and have a chat. BH is always a great event so looking forward to another one later in the year. The June event clashes with LDC Fish and Chip run in Weymouth, so will miss that one.

Danny

• Like 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Same to you Danny. I noticed the trim at the back as well which was a nice touch as you pulled away. You gave me a fright later in the day, I clocked (late) GT430 going the other way just outside cheltenham and given the location, my first thought was it was mine. Then saw the yellow esprit so thought it must have been you so I gave up on reporting a stolen vehicle then lol. 

So whose was the red one in the car park? 

• Like 1

Went home via Cotswolds and stopped for a pleasant lunch with James. So two ‘Spotted’ in one day. Not sure who has the red one. 

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

I passed a white 430 today in Stretham Cambs this afternoon in my Red 400.  Anyone on here?