Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Time to start explaining - Page 31 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Time to start explaining

• Gold FFM

Did the other side of the oil cooler cover this morning - hopefully it’ll be good to go when I get back from work with spray paint and new screws.

pheonix trim order placed this morning - new sunroof seal and new door seals. £42 plus £9 postage for the lot - will be with me tomorrow 553419AC-C70E-44C8-BB9E-58FA0648A52F.jpeg.ab01c4aa8a418469451ed4b4b68ecc19.jpeg

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Window motor fitted and it works. All put back together. Up and down appear mixed up though - I shall change that at the switch another day 🤪. Even the single press thing works as well. Happy with that. And - I didn’t loose much skin or blood in the process 

sunroof seal fitted as well.

thats enough for tonight - I’m cold. Oil coolers will wait another day

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I suggest checking the suspension first.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Just back from the garage - feeling relieved.

undertray oil cooler covers on. New rivnuts on the front bumper. Splitter refitted as best as it can be but it is split in a couple of places. What an utter bitch of a job lining up all the holes. How did that simple job take so bloody long....

new number plates fitted - spirit level not required. 

door seals on both sides replaced. Car now sat back on the ground.

ive got the breakdown policy in the glovebox all ready for Duxford.

oh - and just in case - the S4 mot expired today - so that’s booked in for Saturday at 9am so at least I have a back up plan

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
13 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Splitter refitted as best as it can be but it is split in a couple of places. What an utter bitch of a job lining up all the holes. How did that simple job take so bloody long....

I'm sure them splitters shrink if you take um off, I had to fit the end bolts then ratchet strap the corner to the garage door frame to get the holes lined up.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
59 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

The V8 must have a different front splitter then, cos mine’s a long, floppy, plastic thing*.

(Cue Swindon Alan with a suitably sexual nnuendo).

Mines stiff and hard.

you can have a look and touch it on Sunday

• Haha 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

What a cool idea.

• Love 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

It’s a much more interesting car anyway @Sparky - and you haven’t seen her yet. 

In fact - I’m not sure the blue one has ever been to a show - so it’s probably best I chose that one

Only here once

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

In fact - I’m not sure the blue one has ever been to a show

What never?

:) 

It's getting there......

• Gold FFM

Well - now you’ve asked - She did the motorshow in 1994. 

Itd be nice to take her out for a change - I feel like she’s been somewhat overlooked.

Mot first thing tomorrow

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I’ve hooned the s4 to mot this morning - then upto Mattys to collect a part. 

Seriously enjoying that car - a lot. I have so much confidence in it. More so than the S4s which needs to prove herself a bit more

Only here once

4 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:
  5 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Front bumper not painted yet..... need to get that sorted really

Stick a big 'For Sale' sign over the bumper.

Or, a bigger, longer spirit level!

• Like 1

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA