Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Time to start explaining - Page 47 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Time to start explaining

• Gold FFM

Nice work Barry. In the time it's taken you to rebuild the engine and have the body off yours I've managed the sum of squat by comparison on mine 🤣

• Thanks 1

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

• Gold FFM

I’m only interested in getting her back usable again chap - she ain’t no garage queen and I simply can’t be arsed with polishing it til my fingers are sore 👍

Only here once

That's because they're sore from polishing other things eh @Barrykearley?

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Washed the eldests car, wife’s car, my van and the evora this morning. Now I shall crack out the angle grinder and sort the boot floor and engine bay cover on the Esprit.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Boot floor and engine cover now all back in. 
CACE4329-B1FC-4F0C-85F2-4C730D726E65.thumb.jpeg.4f59f4c341ebabdc9f54426a0eb02ed2.jpeg

center console pulled out and modified for a double din unit

0AF9CA0B-65E0-4C7B-A221-F4BC3FE66939.thumb.jpeg.d87bf91c2ca052329040bc237ca3bee8.jpeg

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Dash and stereo in now and all back together.  Whipped the car onto the 4 poster and tightened all the suspension fixings up. Now drives a whole lot better.

garage to be swept out and tidied now - just the front oil cooler trays left to fit now.

Im now finding myself fantasising about Nobles 😂 - anyone fancy buying an Evora since everyone seems to be selling up

Only here once

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/04/2020 at 13:16, Barrykearley said:

remove four bolts on top of pedal box

Ok, what's the trick here, I can barely touch the two I can see, I'm not sure how I'm going to get a tool onto them.

Interestingly DeRoure doesn't have the pedal assembly listed so there's no pretty pictures to show all of the bolts, are there two or four that are bolting down through the top of the pedal box into the chassis? I am hoping only two and the other two go through the front of the bulkhead horizontally but suspect you are going to tell me otherwise. 😖

There are four and it is possible to get to them.  I had to adapt/bend an allen key to have the correct orientation due to poor clearance.

92640297_213453869948789_1013637381644877824_n.jpg.5736985dafbefe5f5ccc4bff93e15bf6.jpg.de1e8838faf5dc49338f1d3609d47945.jpg

After I managed it, it was suggested to try removing the fuse box in the front boot area.  You may be able to see the top of the pedal box once the fuse box and wiring are moved out of the way.

• Like 2

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Oh that's a good idea. Thanks.

BTW I didn't see those tools on the Special Lotus Tool section of the parts catalogue, I think there are quite a few they've missed. 😄 

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Two are really easy to get to if you drop the fuse box down. The other one is ok to get to - the last - well good luck training a bifold double jointed midget 

Only here once

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...