Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
UK (Londons) Disgrace, Knife Crime - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

UK (Londons) Disgrace, Knife Crime

Kimbers

We all agree the Americans need to sort their Gun law and culture out but it seems (after another 5 stabbings in London last night) that we have our own issues to deal with.

Many of us in the know have seen this coming ever since police Stop and Search was curtailed due to the Govt fudging some figures that then made it look discriminatory, when it wasn't. It was targetted at gang areas and high street crime area's.

Now we find ourselves in a situation where several youthes have been murdered and many more stabbed in just one week in London, bringing the number of Murders in our Capital up to over 50 in the first 3 months of this year, more than in New York.

Now we have the "Press" stating that the Police are ignoring Ethnic murders, when it was partly the press who were complicit in stopped stop searches in the first place.

So what do we do? Frankly its a disgrace that even 1 person dies because someone is carrying a weapon. So its time to get tough IMHO. Anyone carrying a weapon of any kind in public (Knives, Guns, Fake guns, Cosh, knuckle duster etc) gets an instant custodial sentence, no matter their age (over the age of criminal responsibility obviously). Currently the standard response for carrying a knife is a Police Caution or a slap on the wrist from a Magistrate if they have already had a Police caution.

Obviously there are many other factors. the growth of organised gangs and crime in Many large cities is part of it and Police vuts have left them short on the ground from both intel teams (Community Officers etc) to CID. Many "Backroom Staff" civvies who collated and fed out information have also been cut back.

Its all a vicious circle that needs to be fixed. Our streets need to be safe and in turn that will stop normal people/kids from thinking they need some form of protection on them. In a BBC Poll 7/10 youths carrying knifes aren't involved in any crime and carry knifes for "Personal protection", so education needs to also be a part of this.

Your thoughts?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43659952

Guardian front page 6th April

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

This needs a holistic approach. The immigration levels are it of control. Drugs out of hand. Education lacking. Police being cut to the bone. Lack of morals, respect and family values.

homelessness I find repulsive in our country. It needs addressing like Norway have. Many people blame the homeless for taking drink and drugs. Frankly if I was sleeping under a bridge and in the gutter - I’d try anything to make life more bearable. 

None of the above have simple solutions as far as the left wing political liberal elite are concerned. IMHO they are wrong and it’s simple

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Sadly he’s only out on bail. Poor bugger will no doubt have months before they confirm if charges will be pressed.

id opt for awarding him a new set of sharper kitchen knives

• Like 1

Only here once

What sort of "knife control" does the UK practice?  I'm accustomed to wearing a multi-tool (longest blade ~75mm) on my belt here in the USA, will I have issues with the authorities as I travel or enter public areas in the UK? I obviously  can't take it onto an airplane or into a courtroom here, but otherwise it's not an issue in the western US.

• Gold FFM
15 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Absolutely fantastic news.

Brilliant result all round - that chaps a hero 👍

• Like 1

Only here once

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5587085/Pensioner-WONT-charged-burglars-killing.html

I hope his neighbours are looking out for him - i know i would.

He's 78 - which makes him the same age as my mother - born in 1940 in Leith, Edinburgh.

We all know what they grew up with and people then had to stand up and fight back for freedom and free speech etc.

If i lived near this guy - you would have to get past me to get to him and you better be shaking his hand. 

• Gold FFM

@snowrx I am fairly sure 3" (so just over 75mm) is basically the line where they cross from being tools to weapons if you're just walking about with them.

As has been alluded to the problem, like America's gun problem, extends deeply and has many causes. We'd always like to think there is a simple miracle cure for it, but there never is.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Thanks JayEmm, I'm planning for a trip to the UK and wondering what to leave at home.  I feel naked without some sort of tools about my person:o 

• Gold FFM

The worst thing about bats is they don't like the light much and want you to keep your arms out so they can hang upside down. Their poo stinks as well.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
15 minutes ago, ramjet said:

The worst thing about bats is they don't like the light much and want you to keep your arms out so they can hang upside down. Their poo stinks as well.

Never ever seen one

Only here once

13 hours ago, snowrx said:

I feel naked without some sort of tools about my person

@Kimbers can help with this but basically you can't carry anything which is a made offensive weapon. You can't carry anything which would be considered an offensive weapon without reason to be carry it. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

@Kimbers can help with this but basically you can't carry anything which is a made offensive weapon. You can't carry anything which would be considered an offensive weapon without reason to be carry it. 

@snowrx it's quite involved so bear with me. Any bladed item over 3 inches long is illegal to carry in a public place (or a private place without permission from the owner). Any "Flick" or "Lock" knofe is illegal no matter how long it is. A penknife, the most famous of which is the swiss army knife, is acceptable as it has a short folding blade. But if you threaten or flash it at people you will still be arrested for Possession, intimidation, attempted robbery etc.

image.jpeg

HOWEVER, a knife specifically made as a weapon even if under 3 inches is not acceptable and you can still be prosecuted. I have found what we call "belt knifes" on people, very short knies that are made to go behind the buckle of your belt. 

Image result for belt knife

You can also be arrested if you have something like a Screw driver, Shank, Cosh, knuckle duster or any other object that has been made specifically for the purpose of being a weapon.

Image result for home made cosh

Image result for homemade shank

This is a knuckle duster ring

Image result for knuckle duster ring

But it isn't just possession of an offensive weapon, there are other laws covering all sorts of items. If I found a man walking the streets at 2am with a screw driver on him and he is known as a thief and burglar it is highly likely I would arrest him for "Going equipped".

And thats just part of it :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Just was wondering if there was a prohibition on knives in general or carrying a belt case in specific.  

This is what I usually carry, v. useful for everyday repairs. Hex bits to scissors, it covers most needs and I'd hate to lose it.  I have a smaller version I could carry instead, probably just keep it in my bag in case someone in authority thinks I'll whip it out of the belt sheath, use both hands to unfold to the appropriate blade and weaponize it.

Would take a lot of training to get a Bat to attack in daylight, they're pretty docile. But they do lead to a rabid panic on contact, if someone in the medical field thinks you've so much as seen one, it's of to get the series of shots. Maybe one could just hurl it at the offender, followed by warning literature?:lol:

SurgeTool.jpg

We call them Multitools and they are acceptable.....seeing as how, if you wanted to stab someone it would take you half a day to find the right bit!

'Kimbers reads'..... is the amazing bit of the statement......lol

• Haha 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Lots of fuss going on about the floral tributes to the poor dead burglar. His cronies seem to be putting them up, and others tearing them down. The Police have said they should be allowed to remain???!!!!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/war-of-the-posies-police-intervene-to-say-floral-tributes-to-stabbed-burglar-henry-vincent-must-be-a3811926.html

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein