Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus launches the new Exige Sport 410 - Page 5 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus launches the new Exige Sport 410

mycerbera

My point above was that Caterham make a 620R with a sequential. Would be great to see Lotus do a limited edition which was aimed totally at the track, but you can drive to the track too. (maybe without the stupidly loud exhaust too?)

• Like 1

I think one of the big questions that I know has been discussed in other posts regarding 380’s, is the noise they make ( i think it is very satisfying except to the noise police at the tracks ) 

No one appears to have confirmed the noise of 430’s, but as Lotus now have a 410, will it be track compliant and have a quieter exhaust. It could solve the issue for new owners of 410’s  that has blighted 380 ownership.

Lotus have had a surprising laissez faire atitude to marketing 380’s, particularly cups as track cars but not telling you they  can’t be used in the UK

This was their response on Thursday 

The Exige 380 meets the type approval tests for the EU market and meets all the homologation regulations.

I can not speak on behalf of Lotus dealers on what they notify customers at point of sale.

Sorry if this information has not been helpful with your enquiry?

I do know that there are a few after market suppliers that sell a track silencer for the Exige and Evora.

Regards
Andy
               Andrew French
Field Service Engineer
LOTUS CARS LIMITED
Part of the GEELY HOLDING GROUP
Hethel, Norwich, Norfolk, NR14 8EZ, England
T: +44 1953 608437 | M: | E: afrench@lotuscars.com

On 04/05/2018 at 17:38, NANO said:

Personally I think that in all probability the power difference will be greater for the next model ... I think we will approach a 480 CUP or even a 500 CUP, thus ending and closing the series of this model.

Afterwards maybe who will pass to a radical change of motorization (for a aversion / model S4 ???).

It will be interesting to see the price tag on the 410, what do you think ? My wild guess is between CHF 125-130k, actually closer to CHF 130.-. I took the basic price of the 430, CHF 146'550.- minus the price of the titanium exhaust and carbon parts (roof, etc.) and got to CHF 130k......It could be tempting to trade in my 380 Cup for the 410 and than go to komo-tec and extract 460-475 HP, depending on what they can do with each model i.e. the Evora or 3-11 with same charge cooled engine.....This 410 is more interesting than ever to me....and could well be worth looking at..... I'd miss the gorgeous look of the 380 Cup but would get an amazing track car for sure

Yes, I think so ... I thought the same for the price ... in fact it must be a good 20 / 25K CHF under the price of 430 CUP.

However, you know at the moment I see that there is too much movement in that of Hethel - Lotus, are pulling out too many models "short-medium" term ... and, in my opinion - as I said -, it is not over here.

The solution of the 410 Sport with KIT KomoTec should be a good alternative and I believe that the 500 HP threshold is much closer and reachable ...

Porsche vs lotus.

Obviously two opposite worlds but it's not horrible to have, even as an optional, on lotus some of the 21st century innovations like dual clutch gearbox, xenon/led lights, PASM like remote setting suspensions, infotainment, a.c. decent system...

3 hours ago, NANO said:

Yes, I think so ... I thought the same for the price ... in fact it must be a good 20 / 25K CHF under the price of 430 CUP.

However, you know at the moment I see that there is too much movement in that of Hethel - Lotus, are pulling out too many models "short-medium" term ... and, in my opinion - as I said -, it is not over here.

The solution of the 410 Sport with KIT KomoTec should be a good alternative and I believe that the 500 HP threshold is much closer and reachable ...

You're right, I'll probably keep my 380 Cup for the next 12 months and see what's coming out of Hethel in the next few months. Probably with the new engine it will be much easier to extract 500 HP, quite easiyl with a few internats modification.......but you're they've been overdoing it as far as I'm concerned. Probably good to get a new customer base interested in their cars, but for existing clients not a good point... Wait and see

14 hours ago, Swiss380Cup said:

It will be interesting to see the price tag on the 410, what do you think ? My wild guess is between CHF 125-130k, actually closer to CHF 130.-. I took the basic price of the 430, CHF 146'550.- minus the price of the titanium exhaust and carbon parts (roof, etc.) and got to CHF 130k......It could be tempting to trade in my 380 Cup for the 410 and than go to komo-tec and extract 460-475 HP, depending on what they can do with each model i.e. the Evora or 3-11 with same charge cooled engine.....This 410 is more interesting than ever to me....and could well be worth looking at..... I'd miss the gorgeous look of the 380 Cup but would get an amazing track car for sure

If you plan on komotec anyway, no need to pay for the 430 and upgrade from there.

Simply do the ex460 on your 380 cup. Will be much cheaper.

@BAS you're right but I might do a simpler change going for TVS 1900 instead, waiting for the models after the 410 and the 430. The jump from 380 Cup to 410 shouldn't be too expensive also I guess.

@Swiss380Cup I agree with you on the price difference. However, I feel you will miss a lot of the carbon parts of the 380 cup if you go for a standard 410.

Once you add the carbon bits to the 410 it starts getting expensive again.

@BAS You're right. Carbon is gorgeous and I love it. That's what I've done to price the 410, substract all the carbon parts and titanium exhaust,  essentially a 430 is that, a 410 without Titanium exhaust and all the carbon parts. It's a CHF 20k (€ 15k) price tag... huge amount of money.

If you add carbon to the 410, the better choice is definitely to go for the 430.... no question asked. Unless you want / need to have the roadster which you can order from factory with the 410 Sport, 

That's why I will wait for the new 2019 models and go probably for TVS 1900 in the meantime which is the easiest and cheapest big power upgrade you can get mitigating the heat soak issues. Easy to revert back to the original and easy to install. Maybe not the EX 460 performance, but if I change in 2019, what's the point. I love the 380 Cup look and it's an amazing car anyway.

Eventually I will definitely want a charged cool engine that's for sure, but I can still wait another 12 months with a very performant upgrade with TVS 1900. The next models will approach the 500 HP I guess. 460-475 is in the works already I'm sure. KT extract that from that engine, so Lotus will do too.....

I wouldn’t care if the headlights were halogen/hid/xenon/led/laser/plasma/antimatter/etc, if only they friggin’ worked,

You know, to light the road ahead when it’s dark, like headlights are supposed to!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KJD said:

I wouldn’t care if the headlights were halogen/hid/xenon/led/laser/plasma/antimatter/etc, if only they friggin’ worked,

You know, to light the road ahead when it’s dark, like headlights are supposed to!

Never had a problem with mine on the S1 Evora. Not used the 410 in the dark yet.

I do have a VX220 and its headlights are about as useful as a chocolate barbecue.

But then I also get pissed off with the newest HID/Xenon/Led headlights that friggin' well burn your eyeballs out when they are even behind you in the mirrors or driving towards you.

Bright is not always better.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Never had a problem with mine on the S1 Evora. Not used the 410 in the dark yet.

What does this have to do with Exige V6 headlights? 🤔

Amount  of light and shape of light patch produced by Exige headlights is hideous and completely not acceptable for a modern car. Having automatic A/C (all the same as it is now, but with cheap and simple temperature sensor to allow to select the temperature and not surreal colder/warmer) would also be really nice and make it well more useable. Final touch of making it at least a bit watertight (I mean just not getting water inside the cabin when it rains mildly) would be most welcome as well.

• Like 2

Never occurred to me once in 5 years with an Exige (10 if you could the Elise I owned before it) that there was an issue with the headlights. Then again, I'd never choose to drive fast at night so it never bothered me. I guess it depends on what you're comparing it to.

I do have one car with very good lights and I'm being constantly flashed by cars coming the other way at night who think I'm on main beam. That is far more irritating I can assure you.

Even comparing to a Series 2 Elise / Exige, the latter of which I moved into the V6 platform from (now my 3rd V6), they are absolute pants. I can't work out if it's genuinely accepted and preferred on here to be completely blinkered to a car's shortcomings . The frustration is Lotus clearly get it right, and have done on previous models. Perception from a number of owners (new to the marque or not) is that it needs improving, and that can be done without a mass-impacting technofest that people are so worried about

20 hours ago, C8RKH said:

If you want that stuff then buy a Porsche or Audi or BMW or Lexus etc  @IcemanTM.

I could not give a stuff for better ac (the ac on my 410 Evora is cold enough for me), PASM, xenon/led lights (FFS why?), infotainment etc. Im buying a fooking sports car. A scalpel. An artisans tool. If I want these things I'd buy an Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus etc. I want the raw experience, superlative ride and magical suspension and chassis.

A dual clutch gearbox I can see the attraction. Apart from the obvious connection to the PlayStation generation I get that some people are happy to have two pedals for outright speed of shifts. Not me though.

The rest. It's just trinkets and costume jewelery and adds nothing to the driving experience.

I'm probably an old dinosaur but I'm glad Lotus still makes analogue cars. McLaren. Porsche. Ferrari. Lamborghini. Audi and its hideously bloated R8 TT - all digital cars for the digital generation I guess.

I can marvel at the technical genius of a modern fighter jet. But there is still something raw. Majestic. Romantic. In marvelling at a Spitfire roaring overhead and climbing into a loop, or roll, or long sweeping banked curve.  To me the Lotus is the latter. It stirs the hairs! It fires the emotions. It quickens the heartbeat. A simple drive in my 410 Sport this morning just made me feel so alive. So at one with the car. And not a sound from the stereo or a xenon/led light or fancy digital air con would have made one slither of a difference to how I felt as part of that machine.

I just don't get the desire for costume jewellery or trinkets or fancy pants expensive dresses. Naked and dirty  is best and that's a Lotus to me.

110% agree with this.... 👍👍👍👍👍

35 minutes ago, vd9 said:

What does this have to do with Exige V6 headlights? 🤔

Nothing. you are quite correect.

35 minutes ago, vd9 said:

Having automatic A/C (all the same as it is now, but with cheap and simple temperature sensor to allow to select the temperature and not surreal colder/warmer) would also be really nice and make it well more useable. 

Really?  And you think it would be accurate in a car like an Exige when it is so variable in other cars with all that padding and softness?  My wife likes the auto climate control but interestingly in every car she drives she has it set to a different figure as they are no more consistent or reliable than any thing else. Each car make and model seems to think 17c is a different temperature - one of them (a Subaru Legacy) seems to think that is the temperature of an industrial fridge, the other, a Nissan Qashqai barely registers it as anything...  The Exige is a plastic car with a plastic roof that most people want to take off so quite why anyone would want any form of digital climate control just leaves me speechless at best, incandescent with impunity at worse!

I think where we differ is that I like my bling to be performance related - so carbon for panels and stuff as it saves weight - lightened wheels and brakes and bells and stuff.  The electronic stuff like "climate control" and PASM (though quite why we are talking about a Porsche system on a Lotus forum is beyond me) and ICE etc is just of no interest to me as it does not enrich my experience in a focused sports car.  Again, I realise I am probably in the minority here and if that is the case then this current generation of lotus cars will probably by the last that I truly lust after and my future Lotus acquisitions are as likely as not be from going back in time as opposed to forward into the future.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!