Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 50 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just back from a small former miners town of Swadlincote where they held a festival of transport 

parked my car and walked around the 100 odd cars motorbikes and camper van etc 

met a lovely guy in only other lotus an Europa who allowed me to sit in his car. I just bought some deep heat gel I needed it after sitting in Europa lol 

I was interested to see how many people kept having to look at the rear of car to identify the car ! 
Shows how rare and unknown the Evora really is 😮

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As a Followup to my last post,I would say the F8 ride quality in "soft" isn't as good as the Evora, and I must say at "speed" the Evora is more stable I was surprised when he commented the car front tends to float, Cold Tires may be... just making excuses. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

Just back from a weekend in Axminster.  Met up with an oppo in his AM Vantage and we "pootled" around South East Devon with me taking the lead in the Evora.

His summary of the weekend was that the Evora was bloody noisy and got all the turned heads, pointing, waves and smiles - much to his annoyance. 

Sorry to miss you @DaveC72 - I live just a couple of miles from Axminster!  If you are across here again at some stage, let me know as it would be nice to say hello in person!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I stayed in a hotel on Saturday night before going to the car show at Glamis Castle yesterday (cracking day out and nice to meet C8RKH). Just before we had our evening meal, the owner came in to the bar asking who owned the Ferrari as she thought it would be better/safer parked right at the front of the hotel. Save yourself a shedload of cash and buy an Evora instead of a Fezza. I'm sure most people don't know what my car is unless they are close enough to see the badges.

One thing I have noticed from time to time is the pronounced "pretend not to look" from some drivers of other high performance marques. You can see them clock the car from a distance but then adopt a fixed stare ahead as they go past you. Mainly M3 drivers 😉  Still not had any negative comments when out and about.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Geoffers said:

Returning from Le Mans Classic last week, I got off the ferry at Portsmouth & queued up to go through customs. When I got to the customs booth I was a bit shocked when the customs officer said "I'm sorry sir but I am going to have to impound your car". I looked at him a bit inquisitively before a smile broke out on his face & he said "Its only because I want to have a drive in it, lovely car sir".

I experienced something similar on my maiden trip in my Evora, when I picked it up in the UK with my elder son.

On the way to the ferry in Dover I was moved out of the queue and instructed to get the car into a warehouse where a strict looking female officer was waiting for me. I was then invited to open the boot for the car to be inspected, my son gently popping up and smiling from the rear seat, much to the surprise of the efficient officer.

I was allowed to leave, greeted with a smile, and a phrase that sounded like "that is a beautiful car, sir. Enjoy."

• Like 2

Odd reaction to be honest not what I really wanted ?

went to a Peak District hotel as it’s venue for my stepson upcoming wedding a lovely place

had a meal with in-laws to be and parked my Evora at front next to disabled spot as it usual to have a wider bays !
A guy with his family parked in disabled spot in his new Mercedes’ coupe (now I don’t he was disabled and no blue badge)  

all during evening he and his mate who came later was around their cars talking about engines as my little party sat outside enjoying a couple of drinks

when I left took my wife to her car to travel to work & I went back home , these guys all stood next to their cars and watch me start off. I deliberately did a gentle start as not to disturb the wedding already underway as they had doors and windows open 

anyway the guy in the Merc caught me joining onto M1 he must have passed me during close to 100+ as I was doing just over 70 when on the 2nd fast Lane ! Knob I think he must have hurried his kids and wife into the car to catch up Why ????

• Like 1

Probably just some entitled borish cock to be honest @Cdm2018. Wouldn't give him a second thought but I would have asked him to display his blue badge!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

He was a big guy and I don’t think he downing any soft drinks that evening and his mates 10 year Audi soft top that they thought were performance cars I didn’t want get into any discussion with that group !  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cdm2018 said:

Odd reaction to be honest not what I really wanted ?

went to a Peak District hotel as it’s venue for my stepson upcoming wedding a lovely place

had a meal with in-laws to be and parked my Evora at front next to disabled spot as it usual to have a wider bays !
A guy with his family parked in disabled spot in his new Mercedes’ coupe (now I don’t he was disabled and no blue badge)  

all during evening he and his mate who came later was around their cars talking about engines as my little party sat outside enjoying a couple of drinks

when I left took my wife to her car to travel to work & I went back home , these guys all stood next to their cars and watch me start off. I deliberately did a gentle start as not to disturb the wedding already underway as they had doors and windows open 

anyway the guy in the Merc caught me joining onto M1 he must have passed me during close to 100+ as I was doing just over 70 when on the 2nd fast Lane ! Knob I think he must have hurried his kids and wife into the car to catch up Why ????

It was a "demonstration of his car's performance for your benefit"..

That's what me and my mate always say when someone roars past at 70 in a 30 limit when they eventually clock the Evora parked up ... and us two just chatting over a fence..

You just gotta breathe in and let it pass (I was going to say "Let It Go" - but can't bring myself to say it without breaking into song...)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...