Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Festival 2018 - Page 34 - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

Ok,  Wendy had "Put them away". In other words hid the post to make the house look tidier......grrrr.

My Yellow Windscreen badge really doesn't match my car!!...............Which I haven't got back yet!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Sorry @Bibs if I’m being pedantic (but I am travelling a bloody long way -so just querying something that caught my eye!) but I’ve just read the q&a below on the 70th event website - not strictly accurate as people coming in on the park and ride won’t have a Lotus and are arriving on foot aren’t they......... 

Q – Can I just come anyway? Turn up on foot?

A – No. The only way to enter the Lotus 70th birthday event is with a valid ticket and a Lotus. All cars and guests will be checked at the entrance. No ticket, no entry we are afraid. 

Stephen you need a yellow "car" sticker to get your Lotus onsite. You need a "person" ticket in your hand to get in as a person.  So:

Car plus driver = yellow sticker plus 1 ticket

Car plus driver plus one - yellow sticker plus 2 tickets

Person(s) - 1 ticket each

Shout anyone if this is not correct.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

47 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Stephen you need a yellow "car" sticker to get your Lotus onsite. You need a "person" ticket in your hand to get in as a person.  So:

Car plus driver = yellow sticker plus 1 ticket

Car plus driver plus one - yellow sticker plus 2 tickets

Person(s) - 1 ticket each

Shout anyone if this is not correct.

Correct

Or no (Lotus) car, on foot via park and ride : one person one ticket.

If you don't have a person ticket look on the thread offering spare tickets/rides in.

• Like 1

Best traffic jam I've ever been caught up in at the 60th, coming off the A11 - Lotus cars as far as the eye could see...

Wonderful! 👍

Iain

Edited by Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, andyj007 said:

for anyone coming from overseas via dover  if  during your journey  on friday you get somewhere near me,  you get delayed, need car  assistance or  an emergency stop over friday night   .. i live outskirts of  colchester..   just of the a12 which should  be on your route to the factory or hotels ,, ( about 1hr.10mins  from the party)   happy to help out.. put up, feed.. etc etc.. 

andy

What a gentleman. That's what Lotus and TLF are all about. Not for me Andy as we are coming from way up North in gods country. But a brilliant gesture.

:respect:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Iain said:

Featured in Practical Classics last year - October 2017 'High Mile Club' - she was on only 248,737 back then. Tempted to put a copy of the article on the windscreen to mitigate against the stone chips and rusting windscreen wiper!  ;)

Owned 18 years as daily driver that lives outside - if there's interest I'll write something up for the forums...

Iain

yes you should write something up, i would and im sure others would like a read about the ownership for those sort of miles.. in that type of car.. will look out for it on saturday 

• Like 1

Should be easy to spot - look for the tatty (but very loved) one!  :)

Iain

Edited by Iain
  • Like 1

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

23 hours ago, Escape said:

Just treated my Esprit to an oil change and quick check-up, did some shopping and packed my bag. All ready to head for the Calais ferry early in the morning. 😎

Those planning to drive Friday on the M25 through the Dartford Tunnel please allow for a long queue. From 1 pm onwards on Fridays the queue can go right back to the M20 exit for the M25. Hope this "heads up" helps?

Peter

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Near side top of the screen.

Unless you have a 211

Sticker now fitted in 211, near side aero screen, not top or bottom, more top to bottom.  

Perfectly colour matched too😉

Going to be a long cold drive down.

Edited by Atommad
  • Like 2