Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit factory active suspension development car - Page 2 - For Sale - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit factory active suspension development car

Stuart Monument

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant!!

Stuart that must have taken some ear bending to get hold of. 

Whats the Chassis number? I have 10858 (Bond car NCL458V) as the first Essex Prototype. Was this a later production line car to test the production line?

Cheers Mike 

Just out of interest, who in the end was the recipient of Lotus active chassis development results?

I thought at the time Lotus themselves would use it for their road cars or F1 but it didn't happen.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• Gold FFM
21 hours ago, Stuart Monument said:

Here is a picture that you were not expecting. Did I mention it had to be taken out of a set of double doors ... gulp?

Fixed the photo for you. :) 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

The chassis number is 10895. It's the first pre production Essex not the first development car. I would assume this would mean the first car to be made to final Essex spec , which was built but not on the line? 

From my understanding the technology went into lotus f1 . Nigel Mansell did a lot of testing in the car.  Classic team Lotus has contacts who can build the computer for the suspension so this ties in too.

thanks for fixing the photo ramjet. It adds a bit of prospective to the task. 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

If you could get the signatures of some of the important people involved with this, that would look great on a plaque or something simliar as well.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
On 12/8/2016 at 06:54, Barrykearley said:

IMG_0860.PNG

a unique one off car - oh that also happens to be a hidden Essex car as well..........boom 1st place 

So where's this then? I've gone looking and can't find it anywhere? Is this only something for iPad users? I will complain loudly if it is.

1 minute ago, Barrykearley said:

I'm still reeling in utter jealousy and admiration......

please please pretty please more pics

Just think of the utter, utter waste you spent on a V8 when you could have had this? :P 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Stuart, always up for a hospital charity do, I have done my fair share for Kings College after they rebuilt my head. 

I would be up for coming to that and helping out. Genuine offer

Back to the car though, congratulations i genuinely love it, you will need to do a "Woollard" pic on the front bumper when it's finished :o

cheers 

Dan 

• Like 2

Stu

I know we have spoken about the car before but moving that must have been crazy and nerve racking to say the least! How long did it take and how many people did you use? I bet that has left a big void from where this fantastic car was displayed?

You can certainly add me to the jealously TLF bus if such a beast existed. 

Really look forward to seeing your collection sometime fella so a charity event may be the perfect excuse.

I am with everyone else....more pics? ?

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

3 minutes ago, Stuart Monument said:

Will definitely get some more pics. There is no heritage left at the factory. I think this was the last of it. It was only there as it was intoombed and I was the only one daft enough to think I could get it out. 5 people in total. Started at 7 am and finished and 3. Moved all of about 35ft. You would have all seen that the boardroom table was sold on motor sport auctions. So literally nothing left of days gone by.

The main car collection was sold years ago. This was just left outside until about 10 years ago. I am told it was destined to be crushed on many occasions. When someone kept hiding it they got into a bit of trouble. Thankfully they did hide it. 

Places like this forum only enforce why I am so pleased to own it . People want to see it and I think us enthusiasts owe it to each other to preserve what we can and share the history and stories we unfold along the way .

That's a great story Stuart - for what it's worth it's great to hear you sharing it!!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Stuart Monument said:

Dan it would be a pleasure to show you. I'm not far from the factory if your ever this way.

I am going to try and do a fund raising event this year for great ormond street so will do something lotus and get as many people envolved as poss too.

Signatures is a good idea to go with the cars history. I have a space on the wall next to the car for a tv so I can put the top gear clip on it .

Will take some more photos this week. This is a picture of the jig used to get it 

IMG_6708.JPG

Seems a bit extravagant....!   Wouldn't a couple of skateboards and a few old tyres have done? 

I don't see any padding other than what looks like an old Pizza carton? Didn't the bodywork get damaged or is it that resilient?

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8