Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How hot is too hot. - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

How hot is too hot.

mayevora

• Gold FFM

What the hottest you have experienced?How hot do you like it? When does too hot become unbearably hot. When it’s 35’ at 7am you know it’s going to be warm by lunch. If there is a pool or the sea the hotter the better but if not it becomes a game of where is the shade and where is the nearest cold drink place. 

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hotter the better. Love the heat. Can’t beat a good week of 40 deg C. Highest we got to here recently was 44 deg - beautiful. But I do live on the beach and have a big pool. Have to admit a dry heat is far better than humid heat.

• Like 1

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

• Gold FFM

We had eleven days in a row of over 40 degree Celsius heat one Christmas in WA. 3 days in a row over 45 degrees. It was also humid. You would sweat but it did not evaporate. We had a pool in the backyard. 14m x 1.5 m x 1.2m deep. Useless. Was over 37 degrees in the water.

We had refrigerated aircon in the house which was ok after the power company got the power back up after everyone got home from work on the Friday (which was really hot) turned on their aircon and blacked out most of Mandurah, Rockingham and Pinjarra as well as some other suburbs.

Power was out for just over 16 hours.

Both my wife and I said that's enough and we moved to Victoria. Love it.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Back in the eighties, there was this girl in Rank Xerox...

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
40 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

And you ended up marrying her?

Ummmm, nope.  Too hot for that.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Probably just faxed her................

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I consider anything above 25°C too hot, especially if I need to do work. We've been having temperatures up to 39°C last week, while we were preparing for the open house days at the animal shelter. Little or no shade, working on sandy ground moving about 10 tons of materials with 3-4 people, laying floors, putting up tents, etc. After the third day I wasn't just tired but suffered from head and stomach aches. But the work needed to get done, so we persevered. It still around 30°C here and next week we'll be taking everything down again. Not looking forward to it...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Was in Qatar on business, it was 47 degrees there at noon.  Was outside inspecting veneer and wood for a few hours.  Top of my head felt like is was frying.

Lived in Malaysia for a few years, 32 degrees most days and 99% humidity often.  Very nice temperature.

I once went round a ceramics factory in UAE. While I was there is was 'toasty' near the kilns but in summer when it reaches 50 degrees C outside they reckoned they had to give the workers water and salt tablets just to keep them from keeling over 😳

Personally I don't really do heat. Anything over 20 makes me grumpy. But then lots of things make me grumpy. Actually I'm trying to think of something that doesn't make me grumpy. Nope, I'll have to get back to you on that...

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Spent a few years out in Malaysia and in the rainy it pretty much stayed at 35 degrees and 100% humidity till it rained, same time every day. You could never dehydrate cause just beathing was like having a drink an sweat just beaded and didn#t evapourate. At night it was a cool 30 degrees. Then in the hot season it was between 35-40 degrees and 95% humidity :) so pretty much the same. The rain would come down so hard you couldn't see 10 foot infront of you and within 10 minutes it was totally dry again.

It wasn't too hot. Bloody loved it! 

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Definitely a shorts day. Could do with some ‘cool down’ rain right now. It’s 38’ right now and will probably hit 40’ today. 

Thanks goodness for Beer Cellars 😁🍻

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!