Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 79 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Pricing should be regarded as a guide only & always depends on whether you are wanting to sell quickly or prepared to wait a few months.

I sold mine (unfortunately :() mid Dec after 11 days of it being on the forecourt at Silverstone. Was it underpriced, I don’t think so but against 2 other cars on show it may have looked good value. Those 2 cars are still there and have been for quite some time.

Also don’t forget that the price advertised is rarely the price a car is sold for

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I think for the £42k the vast majority will want the premium interior. Don't get me wrong, my first Evora was a 2010 NA with sports pack (no tech pack or premium pack) and I loved it.  I added the reversing camera, sat nav and cruise and it had all I ever needed at that point for not a lot of extra cash. I loved that car to bits and still miss it.

I did then add in the Premium Sport interior but that was just because I'm a chav at heart :)

I agree - people buying these cars are not looking for poverty spec 'Popular Plus' trim but as many bells and whistles as possible - I know the die hard fanboys will not agree but that is where the market for these cars is. 

That must be why I bought a 410 Sport because it was not bloated out with useless tech and armchairs 😂🤣😂🤣

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

12 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Pricing should be regarded as a guide only & always depends on whether you are wanting to sell quickly or prepared to wait a few months.

I sold mine (unfortunately :() mid Dec after 11 days of it being on the forecourt at Silverstone. Was it underpriced, I don’t think so but against 2 other cars on show it may have looked good value. Those 2 cars are still there and have been for quite some time.

Also don’t forget that the price advertised is rarely the price a car is sold for

To be fair though Paul, and in no way am I trying to cause you any more pain, your car was (1) in a stunning colour combo and (2) in an excellent well loved and cherished condition. I'm frankly surprised it took 11 days to sell :)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

19 hours ago, tim_marra said:

On my premium sport interior (non SR), the floor is carpet and the roof lining is a alcantara type material. Apart from switch panels, everything else is leather. EVERYTHING :cool:

@tim-marra No! The backside of the seats are plastic:whistle:......but of course you are right and I always wonder - having that nice leather interior in mind - that pepole say that the int of the 400 series was a big "step up"

26 minutes ago, Snoopy1969 said:

having that nice leather interior in mind - that pepole say that the int of the 400 series was a big "step up"

I think in general it is just that it is more mainstream - what people expect and also it dealt with a few (minor) ergonomic issues (like finding buttons and controls). The red lit dash was horrible as well. That said we lost the shift lights and temperate gauge which are distinct negatives.

I wouldn't say the quality was better personally, but the ergonomics as a whole are. Personally Id have preferred just a bit of a tidy up rather than a complete redesign.

This assumes you had Premium Pack or an SR.

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

52 minutes ago, Snoopy1969 said:

@tim-marra No! The backside of the seats are plastic:whistle:......but of course you are right and I always wonder - having that nice leather interior in mind - that pepole say that the int of the 400 series was a big "step up"

Bugger. I forget about that bit. I even gave it some prolonged thought before posting and still got it wrong :wallbash:

I do like the 400 car interiors too, different yes, but still very nice.

21 hours ago, tim_marra said:

On my premium sport interior (non SR), the floor is carpet and the roof lining is a alcantara type material. Apart from switch panels, everything else is leather. EVERYTHING :cool:

Sounds like mine, was surprised how much was covered in leather actually! Is it an actually leather though or a leatherette of some kind? Not sure!

roof lining I think is a softly softly cotton if you ask me!

The 400 changed the footwells so they didn’t slant an the dash redesign followed on with that to creat more interior space.  It is nice, and I do really like it....I do prefer the more cossetting feel if the S1 but that being said I would take the improved access of the 400 any day of the week!

1 hour ago, Techyd said:

Sounds like mine, was surprised how much was covered in leather actually! Is it an actually leather though or a leatherette of some kind? Not sure!

Wash your mouth out :2guns:

@tim_marra aside the joking - passengers in my MY 12 were always "surprised" how many parts actually were covered in leather and wihich pleasant overall atmosphere is generated. Relating to the (boring) theme, comparison to Stuttgart Sportcars, yes could have them with the same leather parts but things like "leather covered air vent" cost a Little bit ( :shock: ) more.

The downside in the past was that in case a leather part has to be substituted (in my case the "air bag cover" on the Driver side - yes I know its not the air bag underneath but ist look like that...) a n d you have a not very common Color in your car you will have sev months........that could be improved.......

Hi All, I'm still thinking of buying this car

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-3-5-vvt-i-v6-2-0-coupe-2dr-2010/9349541

Couple of quick questions though. At that mileage (43,000) should I be worried about the clutch as it hasn't had a new one? I understand it's an awfully expensive job. The other thing I'd like to know is how do I tell if it has a long ratio or close ratio gearbox?

Thanks for all the help both previously and now.

Dave

I had my car serviced this morning it’s 2010 NA done shade under 40k and it’s clutch according to Central lotus guys was still in good order 

not sure if you can tell if the clutch is on its way out but I suspect a good test drive would give you a good hint of any issues?

me personally I opted to buy from a dealer and get 12 months warranty which I am looking to extent either from 3rd party of the various high st companies or asking a lotus dealers? Might even just save a bulk of money for any major failures might be another option ?

the yellow car looks fab and it’s seem reasonable priced I wonder if the good folk of this forum might know of its owners and car history ????

good luck with your search 

Clutch = yes.   if for no other reason that it will be a harder sell once you've put more mileage on it.  It's a £3k job min. You might not need one in your ownership but it's a risk. At the right money it's worth a punt....but im not convinced it's at the right money. 

Box = drive it.  If its still pulling in 3rd at well over 100mph it's a std box.  Or stick it in 6th and you should have 2k on the clock at 80.  Much bollocks is spouted about the boxes. Both have their merits and IMHO you should buy on condition and not overly worry about the box. 

2p

Edited by LazyDonkey

Clutches do fail at this mileage so yes you a right to be concerned and the advert says it as the Premium pack and I am afraid it hasn’t. As for after dealer and aftermarket warranties they do not cover for wear and tear and that’s what the clutch going to fail on, so be aware.

I'm going to plead the fifth on price given I'm also selling just now. 

But as some (hopefully unbiased) advice for me in the negative camp are the colour, +0 and the mileage without clutch. 

The first two may not bother you but Imho they will limit the market (the two guys who came to see my car before the snow started were both elise owners with kids). 

Also the airbag cover and the mudguard mounts haven't been done on the car... Minor things maybe but it somewhat goes against the "all the main issues have been fixed" message. 

Genuinely trying not to diss the car as it helps me if he gets that money. 

Done nearly 50,000 miles on my clutch, that's on top of the 16,000 miles on the clock when I bought the car and I've no idea if it was replaced before I bought it.

Does that help?

Dave.

Regarding a clutch change, I think main dealer will charge around £4K but there are some independents that are quoting around the £2.5K mark.

Take it for a test drive a check if the clutch has any signs of slipping.  Have a read on line / you tube to see how to do this.  but short version is, find an empty dual carriage way  stick it in third ~40 mph and floor it.  If the revs rise faster than the speed then there is some clutch slipping.

My 2010 Evora managed ~55K miles before the clutch started slipping.  it was still very useable car just response to the throttle pedal was softened.  Luckily for me the dealer I bought it from changed in on warranty free of charge.

5 minutes ago, electro_boy said:

Regarding a clutch change, I think main dealer will charge around £4K but there are some independents that are quoting around the £2.5K mark.

Take it for a test drive a check if the clutch has any signs of slipping.  Have a read on line / you tube to see how to do this.  but short version is, find an empty dual carriage way  stick it in third ~40 mph and floor it.  If the revs rise faster than the speed then there is some clutch slipping.

My 2010 Evora managed ~55K miles before the clutch started slipping.  it was still very useable car just response to the throttle pedal was softened.  Luckily for me the dealer I bought it from changed in on warranty free of charge.

Not sure its luck these days - a reputable dealer will know buyers are now much more protected than they were pre the consumer rights act in 2015.  I recall reading something that items such as clutch and brakes, if they fail with 6 months are entitled to being repaired for free as a failure on something like the clutch is considered to have been 'known' or 'identifiable' at point of sale.  Obviously there will always be boundary cases such as track usage that may wear through an item faster, which of course, a car like the Evora may well be subjected.

Here's a quick link if its helpful for anyone.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/your-rights-if-something-is-wrong-with-your-car

1 hour ago, fillpoke said:

I think I can get the car for £24000. Do you think I should risk it at this money?

If everything is sound 'as is' then yes. Just allow that if and when the clutch goes, you have the buffer to replace it.

• Like 1