Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 115 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

On 16/05/2020 at 20:03, C8RKH said:

@MattyB - for every owner talking up the price there's a prospective buyer talking it down. Nothing changes...

@C8RKH  Matty owns my old N/A and it’s for sale.  

it’s done so few miles since I sold it it has to be a good buy for someone. 

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
13 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

What you want is a nice grey one with low miles in Worcestershire 😂

why dont you buy it then:harhar:

• Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

On 16/05/2020 at 07:12, TdM said:

Thanks Greido, listed at £28k

Listed for sale again. Did you look at it

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Does anyone know the whereabouts of the car pictured here:-

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/33785-evora-picture-video-thread/?page=24&tab=comments#comment-491909

It seems to have been owned by Lotus and loaned by them to Ross (Frimley111R) while his car was being being worked on. It is likely it now has a private plate on it so hard to track down, unless anyone happens to know of it?

It is of interest to me as I'm trying to find a N/A IPS in black with tan interior that would hopefully be available for sale.

Anyone?

“You can’t have too many bikes"

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, pete said:

Listed for sale again. Did you look at it

Hi Pete,

Yes, issue was with my part ex being crashed into as above rather than the car itself.

After a few days and my head in a different space, I can probably give a bit better review:

The car is 'clean'. The gearbox was very smooth, so might have upgraded cables (not guaranteeing it, I'm not expert). lights looked in good condition, all LEDs working, glass was clear, lacquer not peeling. Gas struts in boot still work. Passenger side rubber *may* not be 100% perfect with a small 'dent' at the back of the rubber a the top corner of the glass which *could* allow for water ingress especially when it starts getting cold and the rubber is not so supple, again, no expert just observation.

Bearing in mind it's an old car! Condition, good. Shut gaps/alignment straight and true. There are some dings on the door that have been touched up with touch up paint, not particularly well, though they are small and not an major issue, normal sort of thing. I noticed as well that there were some 'dents' in the front splitter like it was a little wavy inside, nothing to worry about probably but again, just something I noted.

Airbag cover is flat and true. There is a panel behind the instrument binnacle 'hump' that was a little lifted. Back seats have a scratch across them, again nothing out of the ordinary for an oldish car, someone has obviously slid something in there and marked it a bit. Some marks on the sills (as usual). The Launch Edition badge is missing if that is a concern to you.

Wear and tear on the radio as well, looked a little old (didn't bother me as I would change it anyway)

Aircon working perfectly. Felt solid on the road, no squeaks, rattles or odd noises, tracked straight and true, suspension felt sublime.

The ONLY thing that I flagged that concerned me over a 'normal car problems' was a little bit of bubbling in the paint under the bonnet/boot hatch whatever you want to call it just behind the engine. I believe that this can happen from near new and is not a cause for concern in most cases but happy to hear input on it otherwise.

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Evening , I've been lurking in here for a while reading everything I can on the N/A Evora's and I can't believe how fast they sell when they hit the market.  Already tried to look at 2 that have gone almost a soon as they hit the market , but hopefully off tomorrow to look at a white 09 LE car. I think it's the white/red one on LOTUSMAN33 s LE register post list according to the first reg date.  Price feels ok at just under £27k with just under 60k on the clock. Just trying to decide if the red leather is my thing but as the missus points out I've changed the Elise to red and black over the years !

2 hours ago, cdco said:

I can't believe how fast they sell when they hit the market.  Already tried to look at 2 that have gone almost a soon as they hit the market 

Hi Carl, good cars don't hang around!  I spent over a year looking before I got mine - don't let that put you off, I nearly got one earlier but the vibe just wasn't there so I didn't commit.  Paid a little more for the car I finally ended up with, but pleased I waited.  If you don't like the paprika leather, best move on - loads of white cars had black interiors.

Get yourself into a position ready to buy, if you need to move a car on first chances are any potential purchase will have gone by the time you have sorted your circumstances.  Otherwise, enjoy the test drives and good luck.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Ensure you use the sport button. And if you ain’t seeing the sonic rings you simply ain’t doing it right.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

That I will deffinatelty be doing ... It has to live up to my last V6 a couple of daily drivers ago ... An Alfa GT V6 with suitably modified pipes.. one of the best looking and sounding V6's ever made .

Edited by Bravo73

The NA sound is pretty good from the outset but I can highly recommend an induction kit and exhaust headers to improve the sound, it will add a bit of volume but will give the car a more refined sound with a lot more going on.  Keep the 3rd cat and depending on what back box you can modulate the volume, a few different options from trackway quiet to out shout a lambo and anything in-between.

• Gold FFM

Having come from the world of Alfa and having had a GTV, there is no way that the V6 in the Evora can live up to the Busso, it's very much compensated for by the rest of the car being better though! Although there's just something about Alfas...

Anyway, anyone seen the new cheapest Evora on Autotrader? Even cheaper than the orange and black number at £23,990 - airbag is done for so needs that and probably needs a new clutch so maybe @28k once sorted I guess... It's definitely not for me, but just noting the 'new lowest'. Looks like the orange o2+0 on PH has finally 'gone' as well. Quite a lot of quick movement in the market at the moment

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202006029726026?radius=1500&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&postcode=sl67bj&model=EVORA&make=LOTUS&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 1

@tdm  I think like me there have been a fair few people waiting for the dealers to open and stalking cars. I had 3 on my watch list , the first 2 went pretty much on the day the garages reopened ... And I wasn't far off that getting my deposit down onTuesday.

As for the busso your probably right ... There are few engine sounds IMO that are quite as good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

anyone just sold a green 2016 410.  I'm interested and would like to get some history.

thanks.

Chris

LOTUS_EVORA_410_SPORT_MANUAL_2DR_42.jpg

FJ11EVB was my old car it was on E10 VRA when I owned it. 

I traded it in a week before lockdown. 

It was a great car I did 40k in it but I traded it in as things were starting to go wrong.

Don't let that put you off though, I recently did all the brakes, brand new air con condenser, brand new clutch master cylinder, new shocks all round, poly bushed front ARB, new drop links. Kenwood is Android auto and carplay the usb is hidden under the steering column.

Bad bits, PPF has a tear on the front bumper. Front carpets are wet as is the boot (water is getting in somewhere) air con isn't working needs a new compressor I bought one and was ready to fit it and spotted an oil leak near the power steering pump. I sold the compressor once trade in was agreed. The front hatch was stuck shut after I didn't align the catch correctly after having the clam off to replace the seals and drier for air con. At this stage I lost interest. 

It doesn't have all the packs it's missing the tech pack. The parking sensors, camera, Tpms and cruise were all retro fitted by me only option that's missing is home link.

If your interested I would check the oil leak is fixed it's not major and it's impossible to see unless the undertray is off. Give the passenger carpet a good check too. 

It's never had a clutch and the clutch was fine but the release bearing is noisy (it has been the whole time I owned it)

Imo it's priced to high, I got no where near that as a trade in. 

• Like 2

Judging by the suspension travel and the tyre choice I would say that was the SUV GT410 mule. Will be quite a rare and special car in the future that.

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Thanks very much for your comprehensive reply David. I called to see it today. Lovely looking car but I agree about the price. I think all things considered and want it a bit cheaper. Not having had a new clutch certainly worries me. Did you ever try to fix the water leaks? As the car would be in daily use and living outside that could be a problem.