Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 221 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks good but even nicer without the black pack and black wheels imo. Have a look at the aquamarine one at £31.5k for comparison purposes.

I'm not saying get hung up on colour/wheels/LE or anything as you will be waiting for your perfect car a hell of a long time. Just get a drive in one, find the best one you can for service, mileage etc...in your price range and go for it. I don't think you'll regret it. Nor any car in the Lotus range come to think of it.

Prices for entry level Evora's have certainly dipped after the summer highs of £30-33 ish and are now £27-30ish so go and grab an absolute bargain

Edited by Rambo
Typo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, eddietiv said:

A nice aquamarine 2010 evora just surfaced on pistonheads £27,750, looks like winter may just throw up a few bargains if its not been previously advertised, im going to have to pull my finger out.

Looks like a nice car - obviously will want checking in person. Personally I think the black pack / black wheels look great on the lighter colours (Ie white/yellow/aqua). Certainly a good price and desirable with the oyster interior too.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2022 at 07:49, Rambo said:

Looks good but even nicer without the black pack and black wheels imo. Have a look at the aquamarine one at £31.5k for comparison purposes.

I'm not saying get hung up on colour/wheels/LE or anything as you will be waiting for your perfect car a hell of a long time. Just get a drive in one, find the best one you can for service, mileage etc...in your price range and go for it. I don't think you'll regret it. Nor any car in the Lotus range come to think of it.

Prices for entry level Evora's have certainly dipped after the summer highs of £30-33 ish and are now £27-30ish so go and grab an absolute bargain

I don't know, the prices are still going strong. All Evoras that are sub 30K are relatively highmilers compared to the rest. I vaguely remember similar cars going for 25K mark pre used car market boom. 

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, jerzybondov said:

There was also the pistonheads brave pill car at £20k with 100k ish miles a couple of years back I seem to remember?

These are Toyota engines cars - there really isn’t much for folks to be scared of.

The biggest issue is resale value - as the next buyer will be paranoid about the mileage. So the higher miles ones have to be priced accordingly.

Only here once

I was away with one of the Quality Engineers who is ex-Lotus at the weekend. He assured me that the engines will happily go for 250k before they even need looking at really, they're very robust!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

24 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Hmm, you’ve driven just 5000 miles in your 3 years and have forked out for a replacement clutch in that time, so yours is probably not the cheapest £/mile Evora ownership on here.

The clutch replacement was a known issue with the car and factored into the purchase price so I beg to differ.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, eddietiv said:

25 k now for that lovely looking burnt orange evora in classifieds, failed to reach reserve on collecting cars too, why is this hanging around surely not the mileage or colour.

I dont think the colour is helping it

Its more likley down to the economic climate we are in, cheaper end of the market & the people buying are more likley to be effected by whats going on and having less money to be spending on what to most is a toy car 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hamza said:

I have a garage thread with all the details on the other forum. It needed a few bits sorting (all known and disclosed by the seller) like the sidelights were playing up (new rings installed at Silverstone), a/c compressor failed a few days before I took it (replaced at Silverstone too) and the driver side bolster was worn through (retrimmed both front seats in alcantara at Allon Whites).

besides that it’s already had clutch replaced and came with several 1000s of parts including a complete second set of wheel, a Lotus sports exhaust (it has 2Bular on it), complete set of AP racing callipers and so much more. Oh even airbag cover is almost flush… almost. 

I made a few cosmetic changes too like stripes and wheel colour.

I’ve driven it Zurich and back via some fun twisty bits too and it hasn’t missed a beat. Love it and the kids love it too. 

Brilliant to have the determination to bring life back into it and use it as it’s designed