Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 139 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

2 hours ago, jerzybondov said:

What were the other issues James? Obviously they were significant enough for you to want to part with it...

I hope it's not put you off the ownership experience altogether?!

They were the main ones :) Sadly, I think it was at the wrong time. I got over excited, and rushed into it.. When the little one is older/doesn't require a child seat anymore, I would happily have another one. 

1 hour ago, EGTE said:

I do understand, James. My Evora has presented quite a few challenges over the last few years - nothing major really, but at times it was incessant - and you have to really love driving it a lot to keep going at times. Happily mine's all sorted now but it was a little touch-and-go whether or not I'd keep it and I'm totally in love with the car. Yours sounds like  a lot of minor stuff honestly, but they all add up, like the saying goes: 'death by a thousand cuts'. It's a shame, but I do understand.

Just don't buy a Porsche; that will be 'death by a huge cut' such as an engine or gearbox failure......

Glad yours is all sorted now :)

I think, if I had been able to use the car more, I would have persevered with it, but found we couldn't all go in it together. Also, if we had a garage here, I would have tucked it away.

Ah yes, I have read about the issues Porsche can have! 

The new car I have is good fun, but doesn't have the sound of the V6! 

Certainly hasn't put me off Lotus, and would love another. Also, one of the most helpful and friendly owners group I've joined with a car :)

• Like 2

James

some comments above gives you impression that lotus or maybe just Evora is an owning experience in its own right ?

I am about to drive my car on its once a week use, it fills me with excitement but also nervousness as what the car will reveal this time ? What warning light appear , what noises or sounds suddenly get noticed ? 
what  I do concentrate it’s that feeling of enjoyment , the looks from others when driving , the fact I always wished I could drive an exotic car type ! 

maybe you might return to Evora perhaps at a higher entry level where you could get a car without the heartaches ? Can you lease an Evora ? 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

James

some comments above gives you impression that lotus or maybe just Evora is an owning experience in its own right ?

I am about to drive my car on its once a week use, it fills me with excitement but also nervousness as what the car will reveal this time ? What warning light appear , what noises or sounds suddenly get noticed ? 
what  I do concentrate it’s that feeling of enjoyment , the looks from others when driving , the fact I always wished I could drive an exotic car type ! 

maybe you might return to Evora perhaps at a higher entry level where you could get a car without the heartaches ? Can you lease an Evora ? 

Very true that :) 

I think I would like to return at some point. I'll use what I have for a while I think, then purchase a lower milage, better sorted one. 

At no point did I ever worry about my Evora throwing up an issue, I loved every single mile I drove in it.  If I could have avoided selling it I would have.  One things is for sure though, I will be getting another at some point - I currently have an S2 Elise, would love a stint in an Exige 350 but if it a choice between that or an Evora, I think it would be the Evora for me!  Of course when I'm in a position to get another one, I may be consider the type 131

• Like 2

James there is nothing wrong in jumping out of a car that doesn’t feel right. Being a past owner of what I sincerely feel was one of the best S1s for sale at the time and looking through the service records and the vast amount of money that had been spent on the car, it is not hard to understand if you buy one of these cars on a budget there can be some expensive bills that will materialise. Most S1s can be in there 4,5,6th ownership and being at a price point where they are affordable to some buyers that sadly don’t give a dam about maintenance it’s just a toy for a jolly. Is a 25k Evora a good buy, possibly if you have deep pockets and the patience to live with and sort out some very annoying problems that can be very costly and for definitely take the enjoyment out the ownership. For me if I was in the market for a S1 would look for a car that and had all the common faults addressed with a good service history to back it up. If a buyer have the patience to wait for a good lotus enthusiast car, this forum is definitely the right place to be looking . They do come along and yes at a premium price but in my mind well worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

James there is nothing wrong in jumping out of a car that doesn’t feel right. Being a past owner of what I sincerely feel was one of the best S1s for sale at the time and looking through the service records and the vast amount of money that had been spent on the car, it is not hard to understand if you buy one of these cars on a budget there can be some expensive bills that will materialise. Most S1s can be in there 4,5,6th ownership and being at a price point where they are affordable to some buyers that sadly don’t give a dam about maintenance it’s just a toy for a jolly. Is a 25k Evora a good buy, possibly if you have deep pockets and the patience to live with and sort out some very annoying problems that can be very costly and for definitely take the enjoyment out the ownership. For me if I was in the market for a S1 would look for a car that and had all the common faults addressed with a good service history to back it up. If a buyer have the patience to wait for a good lotus enthusiast car, this forum is definitely the right place to be looking . They do come along and yes at a premium price but in my mind well worth it.

Thank you :) I just admit, I think I should have done more research when purchasing, Some great information on here, I think I got carried away on the day, and the colour of it..

Very true there, that's what I would do next I think, purchase one that's had the niggles fixed. 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

It’s not a lotus !! Frankly anyone buying any used, or new car for that matter, it’s a mechanical item which can need ongoing maintenance at any time. All I see is folks slagging and moaning about lotus cars in general and making out they are in some way a completely unique thing - that only lotus suffer faults with.

Indeed Lotus cars are unique and amazing - focus on the positives and stop worrying about daft things.

Edited by Barrykearley
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Only here once

1 hour ago, Daveb99 said:

Great bargain for someone here, lovely colour too.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11224374

I quite liked the look of that one when I saw it last night. But I also quite like the green GT410 Sport that Oakmere have. 

• Gold FFM

Stratton still have a new GT410 Sport in an interesting shade of "Autumn Gold"....

https://www.strattonmotorcompany.com/listings/lotus-evora-gt410-sport/

I've seen it in the flesh, and it looks better than the photos....

DSCN0132.jpg

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)