Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 157 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

42 minutes ago, Gm77 said:

I sold mine so I could purchase this. Quite a contrast...

FAF6EFB6-738E-4A45-A8CA-D10EE8BE58C4.thumb.jpeg.45300e2c6da4e999f8641cd50381ed72.jpeg

I did it the other way round. Sold mine to purchase my first Evora. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gashead1105 said:

I was really struggling to find a replacement now GT4 prices have moved

Not a problem for me, an Abarth 124 Spyder, 2 bathrooms and a kitchen :hrhr:

Problem is that over the next few years I'd also lose more money in depreciation on the 124 than I would on the Evora.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Gashead1105 said:

I've actually changed my mind on selling the 400 and ended the advert early. Bought a Megane 275 earlier in the week and wife has agreed she won't leave me even though I will have that, the 400 and a 7!

Maybe you should consider an Esprit as well 👍

• Like 1

Only here once

4 hours ago, Kimbers said:

When the 400 gets to £30k I'm in!! 

(its a joke). 

you wont be able to get in it by then😏

• Haha 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

https://www.hendy.co.uk/lotus/used-cars/lotus-evora-evora-400-aetv37745108/

Wow..... its gone up again  now £5k more than  it was in February when it was just under £50k and its been for  sale  for well over a year... 

I'm not talking prices down but this is to expensive for a 2015 car

Looks like the Oakmere  400 has gone in  less than 2 days on the market

12 minutes ago, rudolphwolven said:

In 1993 when I was 50 years old I bought my 1st sports car, a 1990 Lotus Esprit Turbo SE with 15.000 mls on the odo......
I immediately did fell in love with this Lotus and the love remained all those 28 years.....
Today, (I hope to become 78 years old in June), I bought and picked up the last new available Evora in the Netherlands and left my Esprit in good hands with the Lotus importer.

It was rather difficult to say goodbye and I felt a little sad to leave her.
Keeping was no option as I have in my garage room for only one car (and a 1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000 K1 motorbike) while I own 2 more cars (daily drivers).........

When saying goodbye and handing her over I kissed her farewell on the roof and thanked her for all the nice years together.

lotus-esprit-2-jpg-small-2-jpg.1284584

My new Lotus is a Evora GT 410 Sport with IPS .................

evora-1-19879520-0-jpg.1284599

evora-10-19879520-9-jpg.1284585

evora-4-19879520-3-jpg.1284586

evora-14-19879520-13-jpg.1284587

evora-20-19879520-19-jpg.1284588

evora-9-19879520-8-jpg.1284600

evora-22-19879520-21-jpg.1284597

evora-24-19879520-23-jpg.1284596

evora-15-19879520-14-jpg.1284598

A great and interesting story Sir. I hope you enjoy your new wheels in good health. 

Wow what a fantastic story and probably the only thing they share is the badge but both are incredible machines please keep us updated on your latest Lotus adventure.

• Gold FFM

I sold a well loved Alfa a few years back. I didn't have it quite as long as you managed at only 12 years but it was part of the family and my first 'proper' car. Therefore I completely understand the weight in your heart on the last drive and walking away, I'm not ashamed to admit I shed a tear. On the plus side you had the excitement of a beautiful new toy to give you many more years of enjoyment. Congrats!

Wow, that is a long love affair. Must have been so sad to part ways but at least you have a modern Louts to keep you company, obviously the younger model has won you over :)

Edited by Bling

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

13 hours ago, marcfair said:

Looks like the Oakmere  400 has gone in  less than 2 days on the market

Good old Oakmere. I just checked the book and they asked exactly what CAP quoted it for and £5k min behind its true market value. Though, if they paid Trade for it then they still made a decent margin as trade see's it at £40800. I think if they had asked for £47500 it would have sold just as easily. 

Damn, Wish I could get one for trade money!!

Might as well throw CAP away when it comes to Lotus's. They obviously don't like them. They quote 2-11 as sub £20k. Yeah well good luck finding one.

@rudolphwolvenLove the new car but I do regret not keeping my Esprit. Especially because its worth 3 times what I paid for it 12 years ago. Like you I only have enough space for one car. If I had more I would definately have more Lotus's!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Finally, here you go. Todays bargain 400 at Hollybrook Sports Cars. £44950 for a 2016, thats not only £10,000 cheaper than the next cheapest but its a year newer than the next cheapest with lower miles!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202003098195327?postcode=nr93nu&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&radius=1500&model=EVORA&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=price-asc&make=LOTUS&include-delivery-option=on&page=1

Dunno whats wrong with it as it's almost at trade price and a whopping £5000 behind Retail according to CAP!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

My Valuation for my NA is £32000 with my Insurance Company.  The book see's it at £24750 retail and £21600 trade. Again, I would expect to pay £30,000 as a minimum for one like mine so if I don't have the agreed valuation I could potentially lose £10,000 to replace it.

25 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Finally, here you go. Todays bargain 400 at Hollybrook Sports Cars. £44950 for a 2016, thats not only £10,000 cheaper than the next cheapest but its a year newer than the next cheapest with lower miles!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202003098195327?postcode=nr93nu&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&radius=1500&model=EVORA&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=price-asc&make=LOTUS&include-delivery-option=on&page=1

Dunno whats wrong with it as it's almost at trade price and a whopping £5000 behind Retail according to CAP!!

Been for sale for a year or more and it's in Northern Ireland where the market is even more miniscule than the mainland. And its an auto. Would think a mainland dealer could make a few quid buying it and getting it back, but a lot of hassle for a private buyer especially with covid travel restrictions

Hmmm, it would cost me about £400 to get back (we have sites in N Ireland). Surprised a dealer over here hasn't seen the Potential for a profit!!

32 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

Douglas Valley?

Like minds, I was going to say here, except that it has some scaffolding bolted to the front of it....

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.