Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 179 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

2 hours ago, Barry@WHB said:

I sold it today to a guy who has not owned a Lotus before. 

A very lucky first owner to the brand, the car looked fabulous car and advertised at a bargain price. You need to introduce him to the forum. 👍

• Like 2

On 24/06/2021 at 11:44, DaveC72 said:

Wouldn't worry about the resale, that car's done pretty much all the depreciation it's going to do.  My 2012 S "depreciated" £3K after 48K miles in three years... that's free motoring in my book!

What flavour of Trevor are you moving on?

Yes, that might be the case, I've had similar experiences with a Westfield and the TVR Griffith 500 that is currently for sale. That's how I justify putting cash into these type of cars, the depreciation is so small that it all balances out against the running costs.

The TVR has been great but a bit of a sledgehammer and I'd prefer something that gives me a bit more confidence on the twisty bits!

I can vouch for the car a very good friend of mine was the previous owner, it’s a one of one in Colour with yellow brake callipers and decals and its stunning in the flesh. 

226E4950-26F7-4CDC-81FC-AC8BCE07AF70.jpeg

• Love 2

got a carbon boot lid, ducktail with it, but having to ship that parcel force.  God help me that it survives.😢

Hexagon just sold their brand new Evora GT 410 so will be one of the last brand new one. I guess someone decided better to get this on the road Monday rather than wait for an Emira. Beautiful car.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PAR said:

o will be one of the last brand new one.

I wonder how long it will take to get all the last new ones sold. When the actual price of a V6 Emira is really announced it may make the last Evora's attractive or less so. Therefore they may remain available until then. . Seen the Emira (both the ones at FOS) and not sure I like it, have no plans to consider selling the GT430 to get one.

Nope. IIRC there were basically 4 boxes you could tick. Blackpack. Forged wheels, interior upgrade and auto transmission. They were all similar costs at £2/2.5k each IIRC

That said, you that car is in the period of Lotus Exclusive, the idea being that you could order bespoke options and they’d attach a price to them. Bespoke colours could be expensive. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

It looks like that one has a titanium exhaust. The 4xx cars already sound pretty great out of the box, does the titanium exhaust make that much difference?

Yeah that’s the dilemma, I have a deposit for an Emira. But it’s going to be at least 12 months until they are ready. First world problems I guess… 

25 minutes ago, Wake said:

It looks like that one has a titanium exhaust. The 4xx cars already sound pretty great out of the box, does the titanium exhaust make that much difference?

It’s not got the titanium exhaust and I could be wrong but I am sure the titanium exhaust was never a option till we got to 410. As does it make any difference, definitely not when it come to sound but in weight yes it saves a couple of kg.