Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 181 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

• Gold FFM

Must admit that at the time, I decided that a bank won't give you much interest and whilst I could put it into shares, I have a decent portfolio already so might as well 'diversify'. Not saying a car is an investment in any way shape or form, but decided that if the price holds up alright it's cheaper/around the same price as buying a newer cheaper car

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/03/2021 at 17:47, cweeden said:

Couldn't agree more, the Radium CAI on mine (when I had an launch edition NA one) was awesome. It raised the noise level inside but didn't make it anti-social from the outside (drive by) and track days were never an issue.

Do you have any photos / videos?

On 24/03/2021 at 08:47, EGTE said:

Note of caution though: my car had the sports exhaust which, with the Radium CAI and 2bular 3rd-cat delete pipe, was frankly bonkers loud. Sold the Radium (to Bibs) and it's ideal now.

Glad you like your CAIs guys, but if combined with too little muffling, it gets too much.

Is that the NA sports exhaust? 
ive had open cone filter before and found them too loud for my liking 

On 14/08/2021 at 11:01, Celica said:

Have you heard the 2bular non valved vs lotus sports exhaust with decat? 

No, sorry. Although I could gut the 3rd cat on my sports exhaust and try that, now you mention it. 

This popped up on PH recently, assuming its still for sale

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12123639

Looks lovely and well cared for on the face of it, no mention of clutch which might worry some and personally not sure about the gear knob but otherwise a lovely spec at good money with a well thought out write up.

• Like 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Might be worth finding out which gearbox it has too - the long ratio one isn’t for everyone! (Sport pack didn’t necessarily include CR box on early cars did it?)

otherwise this car would have been exactly what I was looking for when I got mine - it won’t stay on the market long.

On 15/08/2021 at 12:28, paranoidandroid said:

Hoffmans have a Sports Racer in https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202108146236648?atmobcid=soc4 

Haven’t seen that colour before, apparently called Metallic Persian. 

It's actually Persian Blue. Was available from Launch, but there are not many cars in this colour. It is a lovely colour, especially with an oyster interior, really deep and the pictures don't due it justice. 

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

7 hours ago, internets said:

This popped up on PH recently, assuming its still for sale

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12123639

Looks lovely and well cared for on the face of it, no mention of clutch which might worry some and personally not sure about the gear knob but otherwise a lovely spec at good money with a well thought out write up.

'Tis nice. Gear knob is not as described as coming with the Sport Pack - it is an aftermarket item. The passenger airbag has popped, a shame this is not mentioned or better still fixed as he appears a knowledgeable seller.

To know if it has a CR gearbox would have to be checked with the factory or on a test drive. I like the CR 'box but plenty prefer the long 'box. CR box can lose 4th, 5th and 6th due to a manufacturer fault - not a cheap fix and I am told quite a few have gone that way. Mine did at 68,000 miles but luckily I was on the original clutch so two jobs at once.

Justin

I've got a long ratio 'box and TBH I don't covet a CR box. The LR box is better proven long-term, and CR only changes ratios 3-4-5-6 which makes no difference on the road IMO. 2nd redlines at ~120kph, so you'd have to be tracking it with some seriousness to care whether you had a CR box?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, r3nault said:

I've got a long ratio 'box and TBH I don't covet a CR box. The LR box is better proven long-term, and CR only changes ratios 3-4-5-6 which makes no difference on the road IMO. 2nd redlines at ~120kph, so you'd have to be tracking it with some seriousness to care whether you had a CR box?

Aren't 3/4/5/6 the gears you use the most for general driving on the road?! I don't tend to drive round at the redline in second much 🤣

• Like 1

Ideal for when driving with pipe and slippers old boy 

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hi, a potential newbie owner here, looking for some help please. I've a bit of a passion for an earlyish NA, preferably post 2012 upgrades, and perhaps 2+0, preferably 'untinkered' too much! I've seen an ad on Autotrader for DG13MOU. Anyone know anything about that car? It was sold about a year ago, and has come up for sale again. Maybe someone here recognises a bit more of it's history?  I've done loads of reading/research on the threads here about what to look out out for (& some of it seems 'scary' I might say!!), but would appreciate any thoughts and advice please. 

1 hour ago, ZegaForest said:

Hi, a potential newbie owner here, looking for some help please. I've a bit of a passion for an earlyish NA, preferably post 2012 upgrades, and perhaps 2+0, preferably 'untinkered' too much! I've seen an ad on Autotrader for DG13MOU. Anyone know anything about that car? It was sold about a year ago, and has come up for sale again. Maybe someone here recognises a bit more of it's history?  I've done loads of reading/research on the threads here about what to look out out for (& some of it seems 'scary' I might say!!), but would appreciate any thoughts and advice please. 

I've sent you a PM

• 4 weeks later...