Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 83 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

1 hour ago, Ratman said:

the engine is probably ok, but the aluminum surface is corroded.

not a mechanical issue, but aesthetic. Here, this corrosion does not happens due to the different weather. I remember a recent image of a red Evora S with the volumetric in the same condition.

When aluminium "corrodes" it is actually oxidation. The resultant "oxidised" coating is actually extremely hard, much harder than the aluminium itself, and this then protects the aluminium underneath from further corrosion!  Unlike rust on iron that just continues to deepen and weaken. So not all bad.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

36 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

I would hold out till you find one with all three packs, the first is a must ( sport pack) that leaves Tech Pack and Premium Pack, both worth holding out for, especially the Premium Pack, which makes the interior a different place to sit in, a big step up in Quality of fabrics with leather covering nearly every surface, you get fabric rear seats in 2 plus2 with none premium pack.

Thanks for the advice. 

That's the plan then, hold out for one with all 3 packs :)

So... who's selling? :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chip2257 said:

Not me, that's for sure :)

The 'right' cars don't appear often for a very good reason. They are brilliant, and anyone who has one knows it and doesn't part with it. Good luck in your search though :thumbup:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, chip2257 said:

Thanks for the advice. 

That's the plan then, hold out for one with all 3 packs :)

This time next year I might be, it depends what happens with my company car option at that time - its due for renewal and I think it might be pulled at which point, I'll need to combine to a single car..!

1 minute ago, Techyd said:

This time next year I might be, it depends what happens with my company car option at that time - its due for renewal and I think it might be pulled at which point, I'll need to combine to a single car..!

Sadly I don't want to wait a year :P

Getting married in July and have to turn up in something nice! The plan was to keep my Exige S220 but the gearbox went pop so it went back.. gutted!

Not sure if these will help you with your search, these are the options including paint options taken from a 2010 brochure.

72238F57-1CC5-4405-A6DD-F773E7C31B01.jpeg

01DF0E7D-621D-42B2-BFCA-468F2A10D85F.jpeg

B77B62F0-7C60-45C1-929F-7C030B11BBB2.jpeg

8A8FB808-3221-46C8-85FF-6908CA28E397.jpeg

1D266FB2-FC89-4529-B571-26D90BCDFB4D.jpeg

• Like 2

I recall some 13 months ago probably on this thread that the lack of sports button wasn’t a major non buyer factor ? 

I recall some comments were that your left foot controlled the experience not a small button?

i have a lotus exhaust and to be fair not a speedy driver so the noise and experience is ok and I don’t really miss a sports button 

just wanted to add this otherwise if you leave your ticks at all three packs then you will need to very patient as could be long wait unless your lucky ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Cut back on the free bar, honeymoon, drop two bridesmaids and buy a cake from Greggs. That'll add about £5k onto your Evora budget and no one will think any the less of the wedding.

If she complains, well, you need to ask yourself if she is a keeper and if not then call it all off and get yourself a GT410.

Sorted.

Think I need to change career to become a "life coach".

Andy Brilliant advice!!

On a similar note, never ever sell a special car you love for a house or other in this case, marriage, you never be able to afford it again...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cdm2018 said:

I recall some 13 months ago probably on this thread that the lack of sports button wasn’t a major non buyer factor ? 

I recall some comments were that your left foot controlled the experience not a small button?

i have a lotus exhaust and to be fair not a speedy driver so the noise and experience is ok and I don’t really miss a sports button 

Coming from an Elise, when I first drove an Evora I was a bit underwhelmed by the performance...until I pressed the sport button.

For me, the car is almost artificially held back until you press sport - when you do the car goes like it looks.  Just my opinion.

Sport and tech are essentials for me.  I don't have the premium pack, and don't miss it but its not my daily - I would certainly miss heated seats if it was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Cut back on the free bar, honeymoon, drop two bridesmaids and buy a cake from Greggs. That'll add about £5k onto your Evora budget and no one will think any the less of the wedding.

If she complains, well, you need to ask yourself if she is a keeper and if not then call it all off and get yourself a GT410.

Sorted.

Haha! Yeah I'll let you know how that convo goes...

3 minutes ago, Nelly said:

Coming from an Elise, when I first drove an Evora I was a bit underwhelmed by the performance...until I pressed the sport button.

For me, the car is almost artificially held back until you press sport - when you do the car goes like it looks.  Just my opinion.

Sport and tech are essentials for me.  I don't have the premium pack, and only don't really miss it but its not my daily - I would certainly miss heated seats if it was.

Definitely want the sports pack, love the noise button!

Ta for the input:)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Sorted.

Come on Andy a life coach you are pulling our legs , sure you went to buy a used 410 from silverstone, until Aimee fluttered her eyebrows and you walked out with a new one 😂😂😂

• Like 1

@scotty435 I'm a man and weak and Aimee exploited that!

But, what a car it is.........

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

https://www.automotive-cars.co.uk/used/lotus/evora/35-v6-2-2dr/keighley/west-yorkshire/18815537/?quid=cbe05574-13e6-4eaf-ab58-25f7a83dced1#

Not the best write up..

Tech Pack 

Sports Pack

Does the interior look like premium to you guys? I don't know what I'm looking for between standard and premium :S

Nice looking one though!

22 minutes ago, chip2257 said:

I don't know what I'm looking for between standard and premium :S

Biggest clue is Premium adds full leather door cards and sills (non premium is cloth sills and lower half of doors) and armrest between the front seats.

I would say that has all three packs as all launch edition (LE) cars had all three packs. You can tell it is an LE car by the silver EVORA badge on the leather dash above the passenger footwell.

The small print.

1 minute ago, C8RKH said:

Biggest clue is Premium adds full leather door cards and sills (non premium is cloth sills and lower half of doors) and armrest between the front seats.

So it looks like it's got all 3 packs then...!

2 minutes ago, chip2257 said:

So it looks like it's got all 3 packs then...!

Yes - an LE car

The small print.

1 minute ago, C8RKH said:

Yes - an LE car

Launch edition?

Edited by chip2257

Yes. 

Also, with an AU reg plate, it is very likely that it was an ex-Lotus car. Probably a management car but there are also some ex-test mules about. Unlikely with that low(ish) mileage though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Is it wrong to be automatically suspicious of any car that's for sale in Keighly?

I've never heard of the place... I'm a Midlands boy! 

1 minute ago, chip2257 said:

I've never heard of the place... I'm a Midlands boy! 

Me too. The reputation of Keighly Trade Centre (and its subsequent spin offs) spread nationally!

2 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Me too. The reputation of Keighly Trade Centre (and its subsequent spin offs) spread nationally!

I overlooked a couple of decent cars on paper and went to lotus dealership just for some assurance 

I didn’t get a brilliant after sales but it was decent to sort out some warranty work. 

The last thing you want to plough your hard earned cash and dreams is into a car from a dealer who gives scant warranty 

however you don’t know unless you enquire with the seller could be a decent place so if you like the car have a closer look maybe be a little investment of time & money ? 

• Like 1