Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Your thoughts... - Page 2 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Your thoughts...

PhillC

Plastidip is your friend .  Easy to reverse if not right. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Although I understand the historic significance of British Racing Green with yellow from the 1960s Lotus F1 cars, I have to say that the yellow additions to your absolutely stunning BRG Evora 430 make it look . . . um . . . well . . . it just seems to have cheapened the appearance of that car.  But it's your car so whatever floats your boat! 

I think it looks great. However, I'm a big fan of when people make their cars "their own".

Many years ago, when I was a small child, I used to sit with my brother on our front steps in the early evenings. We always had a friendly competition on who could name the approaching cars from a distance, especially as it turned to dusk and their lights were on. But, it was easy back then (even as a kid) with the varied look of the US manufacturers.

Nowadays, all the cars look pretty much the same. Its refreshing to me when people make changes to their car so they don't fit in with the rest of the "herd", even when they are a low production car. 😃
  • Like 2

Phill

you asked for thought and so far a good number and myself included haven't been that helpful, so I found this shot of an Exige for some ideas

Lotus-Exige-Cup-430-Type-25-06-e1522979257246-630x348.jpg.fcbb16491b092755edc9d653a9a500dc.jpg

This small shot from the silverton website also looks good shame its not a larger picture

03-compressor-470x270_540x.jpg.75ebdacb5d5e2cedaa1834a7d13d7db9.jpg

• Like 2

Yes the side needs more yellow if the wing mirrors are to stay, so the Exige example above with yellow 'piping' would help the side profile and balance it out more.  I still think a yellow stripe down the middle would be a great look.

• Like 1