Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
You can't have too many... - M100 Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

You can't have too many...

Bazza 907

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks mate

I think I would probably win the award for the Elan with the most miles on the clock 😁

It's a good advert for Lotus cars getting better with use.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
24 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

I have thrown Mercs away with half that mileage. I have been in that car as it is ex Gerald and can confirm there is absolutely nothing wrong with it and the paint looks cool in my opinion, it wears it scars well. 

• Thanks 1

Fantastic looking motor,  as you have said the elan M100 is an extremely underated classic ,  best wheels to have on one also, never been to keen on the earlier rims.  Happy motoring, run it into the ground and just pop a new lump in,  the izuzu engine can do starship miles though and beyond  :)

A

• 1 month later...
On 13/05/2019 at 21:22, jep said:

305787346_EklandMeadway12May19.thumb.jpg.5d5a27825ffacf005424b70addee7a07.jpg

Justin 

She really does look sweet, is that Azure blue? 

Cheers,

John W

7 minutes ago, jonwat said:

She really does look sweet, is that Azure blue?

Royal Blue.

The 50,000th Lotus, as identified above by Chipp. It was raffled by The Sun newspaper with the proceeds going to The Princes Trust. Handbook is signed by the bonnie Prince. I hope his father did not drive it.....

Now called Ekland, as Britt was involved in the PR campaign. Wonderful history, drives superbly and a privilege to own.

Justin

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 14/05/2019 at 10:04, Bazza 907 said:

The one with Britt Ekland..?

I wonder which one has aged best.

• Like 1

Geoff Smith

LotusElanCentral.com and BOLLECKS† founder

[†Bristol and Outlying Lands Lotus Elan Central Knowledge and Support]

To be fair to Britt, she would have been 52 years old if that photo was taken in 1995 and looks pretty good, so you will have to wait and see what the car looks like in 2047 to make a fair comparison.

Having said that, Britt is 77 years old now and has ruined her face with plastic surgery. See BBC1’s current series of Real Marigold Hotel to see what I mean.

I think I may need to stalk Britt and get her paw-print on the handbook to go with the Prince Charles squiggle.

The 50,000th Lotus is still original paint and trim, hopefully will still be so in 2047.

Justin