Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 33 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

Tex

• Gold FFM

I wonder if an Evija will ever make it to Australia to ben able to be viewed?

I would love to see one in the flesh, but somehow I don't think I'll be that lucky.

I just checked the webpage for Lotus Cars in Australia and there is a placeholder for the Emira, but nothing about the Evija. So either it isn't going to be available here or Lotus Australia can't be bothered.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

What?!? They held one here in Geelong and I wasn't invited as possibly the only Lotus owner in Geelong?

Unbelievable. :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

I was just looking at the tunnels again and can you imagine what would happen if a stone from the road goes into one. It would get shot out the back like a bullet at whoever was following. 

When my wife was following me driving my car when it was really wet, she commented how much spray comes out of the tunnels in my rear bumper.

11 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

When my wife was following me driving my car when it was really wet, she commented how much spray comes out of the tunnels in my rear bumper.

Which one, the Evora GT430 I suppose?

On 21/05/2021 at 16:27, exeterjeep said:

Yes, my Evija has not arrived for some reason.

Pushing back the delivery to get a 71 rather than 21 plate. Smart.

• Haha 2

Looks like an Evora copy (to me), apart from the doors

• Confused 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Looks like a GTR that has been "pressed" flatter. Quite like it to be honest.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Looks good, but as far as full electric cars go, so far, I think the Evija is the best looking that I have seen.

• Like 2

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

Design wise the Evija is in another league, performance wise and because the Evija will be around 400kg, lighter, there should be no contest, however in terms of comfort and most definitely range this may give Evija  some bone to chew on IMO.

1 hour ago, NedaSay said:

however in terms of comfort

I don't know, Lotus is often quite comfortable in its class (soft-ish springs, and so on — although the Esprit S4s springs are not particularly soft in my opinion, but anyway!)

Edited by Giniw

You are absolutely right, but it appears that the cockpit of the Neverra caters a bit more for the passenger than the interior of Evija... And my assumption was based on creature comfort and in cockpit experience  rather that straight out comfort. my bad!

But come to think of it who gives a F?  Both cars do silly silly things, both cars will be the tenth or eleventh in their owners' fleet... Actually, I don't know how their proud owners will find ways to keep their driver licenses, unless the have a traffic lawyer on speed dial, which they probably do in multiple countries anyway. These lucky b**tards better enjoy them.

But in my book evija is gorgeous to look at while standing still while Neverra is almost pedestrian in its looks.

• Like 2

The Rimac to me is all that’s bad in the new EV Hypercar world. Looks dull, comes from a heritage free Eastern European Tech start-up, has somehow trousered millions of Porsche Euros and is probably inferior in every way to the Evija, despite a similarly insane price tag. If Geely allows it to outsell the Lotus, then that will be a travesty. Oh and Rimac haven’t had the greatest international publicity so far...

42 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

The Rimac to me is all that’s bad in the new EV Hypercar world. .....comes from a heritage free Eastern European Tech start-up...

Well thanks.. I also think all cars should be made exclusively in UK, Italy and Germany. Hello from Croatia's neighbouring country with 0 supercar production.

I'm not in love with Rimac design, actually I don't like it. But to blame a product that was born in eastern europe, just because it doesn't have racing heritage comes off a bit elitist, dont you think? What a silly statement to make...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Oh and Rimac haven’t had the greatest international publicity so far...

You seem to be forgetting that ‘there’s no such thing as bad publicly’. We all know about Rimac already, don’t we?

• Like 1