Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
50 Shades Of Rust - Page 2 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

50 Shades Of Rust

• Gold FFM
23 minutes ago, tomcattom said:

Reading this is filling me with dread for when I inevitably have to do the same on mine...

Just roll your sleeves up and crack on 👍

• Like 1

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
33 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Impact driver, blowtorch, reciprocating saw, hammers, chisels, and a big press.  No worries!

And I'm coming to see you soon.  Honest...

Just need the blow torch and big press from that list. I've not had time to touch the car in weeks so whenever really!

21 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Just roll your sleeves up and crack on 👍

I just know it's going to be one of those jobs that will end up taking way longer than it should based on numerous past experiences on various cars.

• Like 1

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

In such circumstances I prefer to go full Tourrette's Syndrome and channel maximum rage just short of foaming at the mouth. Let the words stack up like some sort of foul Tower of Babylon exercise. 

Just a thought . . . . ...😝

• Haha 2

On 27/04/2019 at 10:06, Sparky said:

I can supply trade packs of expletives at a very reasonable price.  Alternatively you can outsource - I'll come along and cuss to order.

Are these available in American Standard as well as Imperial expletives?

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM

But of course!  And for a small premium we can supply Dangs and Dagnabits.

Our Canadian package of Sorry, eh  is also very popular.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Indeed, in the Rebel ABS Deletion Party Pack.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Nasty.

IMAG2940-20190502-080659947.jpg

IMAG2941-20190502-080722620.jpg

IMAG2956-20190502-202110409.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• Gold FFM

Clemo, I really appreciate those words of encouragement.  😀

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Are you avoiding those lower link studs?... I've not seen corrosion to that degree on a car that's supposedly roadworthy.

There must be a worry that the expansion of the corroded steel stud and spacer within those aluminium lugs may have already cracked or weakened the casting.

And you Guys in the UK still swear to all the rest of us, that there's no damage done by driving the Esprit during the salty Winters?

Sparky: that rear upper link with polybushing should guarantee improved fast turning for years to come...

Kind regards,

jacques

ps: impressive...

Not only Sparkys job, but all the hours of salt driving and many hours of neglect it must have taken...

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

They were fkn tight!  Lost a few calories winding them out.

More fun that dieting, work on an Esprit, you will be a lean mean, fighting machine,                                                                                    

• Gold FFM

N/S/F back together with new mountings/bushes/joints, as it's the only corner that isn't waiting on parts deliveries.

IMAG2919-20190502-081208747.jpg

And then... more deep joy.  I'd already mentioned the state of brake pipes.  O/S/F hose to bracket had to be cut off, and the pipe fractured as I was giving it a hard stare - it really did simply fall apart as I removed the hose.  Front brake pipes on an Esprit are not a lot of fun, but here we go.  Got it off, at least...

IMAG2958-20190503-160410272.jpg

IMAG2960-20190503-160432737.jpg

And here, for your delight, is a rear hose. Kinell.

IMAG2932-20190502-081005250.jpg

• Gold FFM

Yellow, how thoughtful.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1