Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige V6 Air Intake System - Page 7 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige V6 Air Intake System

I go to all that effort of powder coating and it then lives in that dirty engine bay lol

The solenoid is where I've had mine now for about 3-4 years and not had an issue buddy :)

Just ensure you take your time with run in!

www.alias23.com

1 minute ago, alias23 said:

I go to all that effort of powder coating and it then lives in that dirty engine bay lol

The solenoid is where I've had mine now for about 3-4 years and not had an issue buddy :)

I think you should demand it's returned immediately and dispatched to me :D 

3 hours ago, alias23 said:

Nice one, I did the 10 mins idle and did a 30 mile run, very low revs. Now sounds ace, and feels urgent on the throttle. I was surprised how much crap gets into the engine bay, given the undertray etc. I am concerned more crap can get in now I've removed that ginormous airbox and piping.

1 hour ago, DrTroy said:

Nice one, I did the 10 mins idle and did a 30 mile run, very low revs. Now sounds ace, and feels urgent on the throttle. I was surprised how much crap gets into the engine bay, given the undertray etc. I am concerned more crap can get in now I've removed that ginormous airbox and piping.

The run in needs to include a gradual increase of revs through out the run in period. Start low revs then half way start building it up etc..

www.alias23.com

On 13/11/2019 at 07:56, alias23 said:

Hi Elliott - Just picking up on the 'full' 2bular system. Do you mean full end to end system replacing headers, cats, exhaust etc? If so be aware the ECU will not be able to adapt to both a change of intake and headers without some ECU remap work I'm afraid. 

Hi Imran it’s a Full system, Manifolds to back box, including 200 cell Cat. I’ve seen loads of mixed comments more so now from the comments above about people running this system on stock Ecu.

My plan was to get the Ecu done, so I probably still will - who’s the go too company to use? 

Any update on when my intake will be ready? I’m itching to have it fitted.

Cheers 

10 minutes ago, Elliottm said:

Hi Imran it’s a Full system, Manifolds to back box, including 200 cell Cat. I’ve seen loads of mixed comments more so now from the comments above about people running this system on stock Ecu.

My plan was to get the Ecu done, so I probably still will - who’s the go too company to use? 

Cheers 

Hi Bud... well just heard tonight one chap running the intake with the same system you have and currently all he reports is good. However I’ve never personally tested.

If you do wish to go down the ECU route let me know and I can put you in touch with RRR. I’m hoping to get back on intakes this week so will seek to give an update on progress end of week.

www.alias23.com

1 hour ago, Elliottm said:

Cheers 

ECU Master Black ecu from RRR is the way to go. That’s what I am running. It’s giving me over 350hp at the wheels and feels really strong all through the rev range.

Great service from Rob and Greg too.

• Like 1

@Elliottm another option is ES Motorsport.  I took my Evora there for some upgrades.  They race and maintain a few of the cars on the Lotus UK and Europe series so know the cars and engines well.

They fitted a SCS Delta ECU and did a full custom tune on the car to make sure everything is running sweet.  They are happy to change the base settings to suit you.  Eg I use my car as a daily so in sport mode the sharp throttle map was difficult to move off smoothly from standstill.  So in first and second gears the map is more linear allowing me to pull away from the traffic lights smoothly and in the higher gears the throttle is sharper giving the car a more immediate feel.

• Like 1

I just dynoed my 350s IPS, just with alias’s intake, the rest 100% stock 

355cv at 6500rpm

440Nm at 5000rpm

really happy with the result taking in account that based on the results I’ve seen in this forum the stock car usually has 325-330 cv

dyno sheet coming soon

• Like 2

Folks I have one of my pre orders had to change his order as he's upgraded to a 410. So I have one intake kit available and ready for dispatch in the next week or so... first come first served and its available on the site now.

https://alias23.com/collections/exige-s3-v6-all-products/products/lotus-exige-v6-s3-air-intake-kit

Thanks 

www.alias23.com

On 20/11/2019 at 15:55, Markymark said:

Cuprapw, don't suppose the dyno graph gave AFRs too?

They didn’t give it to me, I think I can get it with torque, I will try and post it 

The power output is pretty similar to an EX370 until 5500 rpm that mine is more flat and I guess it has to do with the A/F, I will check if I can buy just the electronic from the EX370 kit or from any other brand that is not komotec

9 minutes ago, trcm said:

I wonder how much fettling it would need exactly to fit an Evora S.... tempting....

Couldn't really comment except I would suggest the main pipe would need modifying for sure!

www.alias23.com

18 hours ago, cuprapw said:

They didn’t give it to me, I think I can get it with torque, I will try and post it 

The actual AFR is not available as a PID, so impossible to get the actual AFR over the canbus. You'll need a wideband o2 sensor pre cat for that. 

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, alias23 said:

Got some extra colours of the rainbow made up for the intake hose kits :)

477174561_alias23siliconehoserainbowweb.jpg.a108ab4a0e713212448ea457d59f7ba8.jpg

Ooooohhhh.....you've got ORANGE.  :D 

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

I'm getting tempted to get one of these, REALLY want some 'charger whine more than anything. FIgured once I have gone through the effort of having to change my 3 year old OEM filter, I can "man math" an ugprade in there somehwere :)

Having read the thread and comments, all I can say is well done Imran!

When can we expect the next batch? Annodised black is a real game changer for me, much prefer it. 

• Like 1

@RoflOnMyWaffleGet it done Mike. I've just fitted one over the weekend, with Imran's silicone intake elbow. The supercharger noise is laugh-out-loud addictive, much louder than I was expecting, but in a good way. Great piece of kit and the powdercoat finish is spot-on. I'll get some photos this coming weekend hopefully.

Edited by Arun_D
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

I'm getting tempted to get one of these, REALLY want some 'charger whine more than anything. FIgured once I have gone through the effort of having to change my 3 year old OEM filter, I can "man math" an ugprade in there somehwere :)

Having read the thread and comments, all I can say is well done Imran!

When can we expect the next batch? Annodised black is a real game changer for me, much prefer it. 

Thanks for the kind comments! Im taking pre-orders now ready for a production run at the beginning of the year :)

www.alias23.com